Where does this Super Bowl rank among the greatest of all time?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can successfuly argue that this was the best Super Bowl ever. The Steelers never had the lead or even had the game tied after the Packers scored in the 1st quarter. Simply because of that it cannot be called the best ever and really might not even be in the top 10.

Regardless, it was a very good game. Where would you put it among the greatest of all time? Top 10? Top 15?

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the best one ever because last time the Pack won I was 7 and I do not remember a ton of it. The only thing that I vividly remember is Desmond's kick return. I will definitely remember everything about this super bowl for the rest of my life!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe top 15. If the Steelers had won, everyone would be calling it the greatest ever, and by "everyone" I mean everyone but Packers fans. Super Bowl XLII and XXXVIII remain probably the greatest games ever. Certainly the best Super Bowl the Packers won, though I'm sure many media members would argue for XXXII being better.

Reaction score
My number 1 game considering I dont remember our last superbowl I was 5 at the time. My second favorite game was us beating the bears. So back to back greatest days of my life. It is great to be packer fan

Pigpenster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All time probably in the top 15 atleast, I'm thinking around 9-11. It looked like a route for the first half but turned into a game the second half. That being said I think what really made this one special is having two storied franchises, both former dynasties, teams that fully expect to win and didn't just get their acts together in a miracle year and make it in. Neither team is the most flashy (pats), but both teams seemed more old school and towards the end really became a dogfight.

As far as the last 10 years of superbowls go I'd put this one in the top 5 in terms of actual gameplay.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There has been a string of great games lately. This one was good, but not great (that is for anyone other than a Packer fan). Back in the 70s and 80s there was a string of blow outs that rather sucked. Where does this one rank with all the others? Tough to say without watching all of them.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably top 15 or so, maybe the bottom part of the top 10. Had there been some lead changes it would have been higher, but I am glad there weren't any.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno about the SB itself, but I think this has got to be one of the best last 6 games for any team of all time.

The Packers didn't have it easy and overcame greater odds than the Stealers.
And they clearly, clearly deserve the win more than Pitts.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
um...I'd have to say Top 15 only because of the Steelers attempt at a come back, they don't make that effort it's a blowout and it's a dud. after everything else this week at Jerry's World it wouldn't have surprised me if it ended up that way

Members online

Latest posts