where does Rodgers rank?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes currently. He played great all post season, Brady Fizzled in his one post season game.

I wouldnt say fizzled, 300 yards, 2 Tds, 1 INT isnt terrible. The Defense allowing the Jets to score 28 was the bigger issue in my opinion.

34 TDs and 6 INTs during the regular season is just crazy.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt say fizzled, 300 yards, 2 Tds, 1 INT isnt terrible. The Defense allowing the Jets to score 28 was the bigger issue in my opinion.

34 TDs and 6 INTs during the regular season is just crazy.

But I think post season just holds more weight than regular season.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Brady is currently the greatest QB still playing. But if we're talking about right now, Rodgers is better.

Rodgers has been doing it with no line and no run game all year. Furthermore, when it really counted, he turned it up a notch for the post season. If the only real winner in football is the SB winner, how can you not argue for Rodgers being the best right now?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I think post season just holds more weight than regular season.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Brady is currently the greatest QB still playing. But if we're talking about right now, Rodgers is better.

Rodgers has been doing it with no line and no run game all year. Furthermore, when it really counted, he turned it up a notch for the post season. If the only real winner in football is the SB winner, how can you not argue for Rodgers being the best right now?

I dont think the SB winning QB is the best QB in the league every year.

Last season I had Rodgers about #3. The only reason I have him at #2 now is I think Manning is headed downward and Rodgers is peaking.

The year Brady threw 50 TDs, would you say Eli was better just based off of that game? I hope not. Trent Dilfer better than Favre when he won his title? No, and I cant stand favre.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the SB winning QB is the best QB in the league every year.

Last season I had Rodgers about #3. The only reason I have him at #2 now is I think Manning is headed downward and Rodgers is peaking.

The year Brady threw 50 TDs, would you say Eli was better just based off of that game? I hope not. Trent Dilfer better than Favre when he won his title? No, and I cant stand favre.

But Rodgers still has GREAT stats to back up his winning, its not like he's either or. Last year everyone said he was just a fantasy QB, and only put up great stats. This year he added the ultimate goal of a SB to his stats.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the most VALUABLE player in the NFL, I wouldnt' say he's necessary the best but he's definitely in that upper echelon right now. Here's to him having a blossoming career as a Packer with multiple championships god willing.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
How are those 2 past their prime. Brady just won the Mvp this year. Peyton wasn't at his level this year but that doesn't mean he is out of his prime. He has won 4 Mvps. 2003 20004 and recently 2008,2009. Don't be dumb saying that both of these guys are out of their prime. Peyton and Brady both had a lot of injuries to their wide receiver groups. We just had Finley. How are you going to say the colts and the pats are no longer going to make the playoffs. You are talking about 2 of the best teams in the last decade.

When you say Peyton and Brady BOTH have had a lot of injuries are you sure?

Peyton Manning is one of the only quarterbacks EVER to not get injured. How many injuries has he had recently? You must be referring to his wide receiver corps, because he has sat behind one of the best O-Line's his entire career. That's why he has no legs or mobility to escape sacks.

Reaction score
When you say Peyton and Brady BOTH have had a lot of injuries are you sure?

Peyton Manning is one of the only quarterbacks EVER to not get injured. How many injuries has he had recently? You must be referring to his wide receiver corps, because he has sat behind one of the best O-Line's his entire career. That's why he has no legs or mobility to escape sacks.

If you actually read what I said, I clearly say it is to the wide receivers.Also Not every Qb is a good enough athlete to run like rodgers, Otherwise you would see 32 Mike Vicks.

My top 5 goes like this
1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Brees

Im a huge rodgers fan as you can see as my sig and username. You got to try to be as unbiased as possible. I mean I see some of you guys putting Rodgers 1 and Brady like 5. Did you guys forget he won the MVP this year. He won it Unanimously . Just because Rodgers recently won the Superbowl and has played great throughout the playoffs. Does not mean he automatically clinches the #1 ranking.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. Andre Johnson
  3. Darrell Revis
  4. Tom Brady
  5. Troy Polamalu (when healthy)
  6. Joe Thomas
  7. Adrian Peterson
  8. Ndomakong Suh
  9. Clay Matthews
  10. Peyton Manning
I surprised myself ranking Brady that far ahead of Manning, but what Giselle's boy did statistically and W-L last year (regular season) was remarkable considering A) they parted ways with their top deep threat Moss, and B) his best WR, Wes Welker, was coming off the shredded ACL and wasn't the same, and C) they have no RBs that should be starting in the NFL. And I don't like Tom Brady at all.. he's on my bottom 10 players of dislike.

Next on my list would have been Nmamdi Asomuga, Chris Johnson, Julius Peppers, Drew Brees, Demarcus Ware, Philip Rivers, Ryan Clady, Calvin Megatron Johnson, Charles Woodson, Ed Reed, James Harrison, Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald, and BJ Raji.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, am I the only one that puts Nammdi ahead of Revis?

I think I would put scrabble #3 or 4 as corners go. Williams you could make an argument for, Bailey had a great great year last season, and I would say Revis is a better CB yes.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivers had next to no weapons last year and still had a great year, but I would never take him over AR. Manning/Brady may be past their primes, but they both have plenty left in the tank. I honestly would take Rivers over Brees/Ryan. I say in the next few years AR and Rivers will be the new Manning/Brady, with AR racking up at least as many rings as Brady, and Rivers maybe winning 1 like Peyton.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivers had next to no weapons last year and still had a great year, but I would never take him over AR. Manning/Brady may be past their primes, but they both have plenty left in the tank. I honestly would take Rivers over Brees/Ryan. I say in the next few years AR and Rivers will be the new Manning/Brady, with AR racking up at least as many rings as Brady, and Rivers maybe winning 1 like Peyton.
If ever you made a prediction that came true!

More Lombardi Trophies Please !!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If ever you made a prediction that came true!

More Lombardi Trophies Please !!!
Yup.
I wanna see the Stealers stuck on 6 while we get 7.
That will **** the Stealer fans who deny that the Pack leads in Championships. (13 to their pitiful 6)

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I would put scrabble #3 or 4 as corners go. Williams you could make an argument for, Bailey had a great great year last season, and I would say Revis is a better CB yes.

Well I think that's a fair assessment.

But my view is that I just find Nnamdi vastly underrated. Look at how successful qbs are against him. He just shuts down a side of the field. I think he gets overlooked since hes on a bad team (though improved last year), hes not outspoken, and since no qbs will throw to him, he doesn't get big plays like picks since the ball is never near him or thrown to him. I think all this adds up to him being not talked about/underrated.

I remember football outsiders doing a study and found him to be so far in his career the most feared corner in history. They added the stats up by doing how many times per games qbs throw to him or anybody near his zone and the numbers were pretty staggering.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That will **** the Stealer fans who deny that the Pack leads in Championships. (13 to their pitiful 6)

That is why they are called the Stealers. They will try to down play NFL championships as irrelevant back past a date they specify, to suit their own team glory. The fact is, the Stealers basically stunk up the joint with nary a championship for the first 43 years of their existence. If they would have won something back in those days, they would be bragging on them. If getting a ring back the old days was not as difficult as it is now in the Super Bowl era, why didn't they win any back when they where "easy" ?

Members online

Latest posts