where does Rodgers rank?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
AS WITH MOST ARTICLES,THIS IS JUST ONE writers opinion. What I don't get is the love for Brady and Manning, They are passed their prime(IMO) and propbably won't leads their teams to the playoffs. Any qb can sit back in the pocket and toss completions and or TD's when they get great blocking from the OL, but make either one of these knouckleheads scramble...look out cuz you will see a sack, int or tackle for a loss. Rodgers on the othe hand has shown what happens when you don't get the OL protection,,,,,he runs right or left and numerous times for big yardage. So my top 5 are:

1. Rodgers
2. Rivers
3. Revis
4. Brady
5. Manning

Jared Allen???? give me a frickin break

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Rivers?

Manning turned no name receivers into known players last season because of his play. Rivers wouldn't be nearly as dangerous if he didn't have Gates in his line up.
IMO he is in the top 20 players in the league, but he is not a great pressure QB, how often in the past 5 years have you seen Colts down in the 4th and Manning gracefully take the offense down field for a score.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have him at #2. Brady #1. But we are not that far off from seeing Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Bradford ascend to the top while Manning and Brady start their decline.

Bradys numbers last season were epic. I dont even understand how anyone could argue he wasnt the mvp last season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Come on Phillip Rivers? How many playoff games have they won lately? Oh yeah, last year they were 13-3, Super bowl favorites to some and couldn't even beat an 8-8 Jets team.

Rivers is another one that is overrated, like Michael Vick and Peyton Manning.

My top quarterbacks look like this

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Michael Vick
5. Peyton Manning

and YES I take Vick over Manning, just for the fact he has legs and knows how to use them rather than Mr. I have sat in the pocket my whole career.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Rivers?

Manning turned no name receivers into known players last season because of his play. Rivers wouldn't be nearly as dangerous if he didn't have Gates in his line up.
IMO he is in the top 20 players in the league, but he is not a great pressure QB, how often in the past 5 years have you seen Colts down in the 4th and Manning gracefully take the offense down field for a score.

To be fair to Rivers they did have the #1 or #2 (depending on how you gauge things like that) offense in the league.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
We often see criteria for evaluating QBs like "if you had to pick a QB for a game winning drive" or "a QB for just one season" or of course evaluating QBs' entire careers. I honestly don't know where Rodgers ranks among active QBs regarding those criteria but I will say this: I would not trade Rodgers for any QB in the NFL today. Not Brady, not Manning, not Brees, not Rivers or Vick. Not even for our previous starting QB in his prime. By the time he finally left I was completely fed up with Favre and I was very optimistic about Rodgers - particularly after he took over at Dallas in '07. But I can hardly believe our great good luck in having Rodgers succeed a HOF QB. The only thing about him I would change is his susceptibility to concussions.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could be pretty rank right after practices and the games.
So I suppose he could be rank in all the usual places.
Good thing they have showers in the locker room.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laff at those that question Rivers.you don't live here and do not see/hear what I do.....he was in the running for MVP till his receivers started to have "issues". Gates? haha, he missed games and was hurt all season long. Rivers is good...now lets get this thread back on topic.it's not about top qb's

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I would not trade Rodgers for any QB in the NFL today. The only thing about him I would change is his susceptibility to concussions.

I agree, I wouldn't take another QB in the league over Rodgers. And the concussion thing seems to be resolved with the newer helmet. If that hit from Peppers didn't give him one I feel confident that it won't be an issue next year (knock on wood).

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Rivers?

Off the top of my head, it literally happened at least 7 times in 2009 alone.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And the concussion thing seems to be resolved with the newer helmet. If that hit from Peppers didn't give him one I feel confident that it won't be an issue next year (knock on wood).
I'm knock'n on wood with ya on that one.

Off topic for this thread: If the Packers and/or the league believe Rodgers' new helmet does reduce the chance of a concussion, why aren't all the players or Packers wearing them?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Can I cop out and say I'd have Rodgers and Brady tied for 1st?

One's the best one going right now, but he just recently started winning. The other's been a proven winner for a decade and has multiple Super Bowl rings while still being a top flight QB to this day.

Reaction score
AS WITH MOST ARTICLES,THIS IS JUST ONE writers opinion. What I don't get is the love for Brady and Manning, They are passed their prime(IMO) and propbably won't leads their teams to the playoffs. Any qb can sit back in the pocket and toss completions and or TD's when they get great blocking from the OL, but make either one of these knouckleheads scramble...look out cuz you will see a sack, int or tackle for a loss. Rodgers on the othe hand has shown what happens when you don't get the OL protection,,,,,he runs right or left and numerous times for big yardage. So my top 5 are:

1. Rodgers
2. Rivers
3. Revis
4. Brady
5. Manning

Jared Allen???? give me a frickin break

How are those 2 past their prime. Brady just won the Mvp this year. Peyton wasn't at his level this year but that doesn't mean he is out of his prime. He has won 4 Mvps. 2003 20004 and recently 2008,2009. Don't be dumb saying that both of these guys are out of their prime. Peyton and Brady both had a lot of injuries to their wide receiver groups. We just had Finley. How are you going to say the colts and the pats are no longer going to make the playoffs. You are talking about 2 of the best teams in the last decade.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm knock'n on wood with ya on that one.

Off topic for this thread: If the Packers and/or the league believe Rodgers' new helmet does reduce the chance of a concussion, why aren't all the players or Packers wearing them?

1. NFL doesnt want to force players to wear certain helmets.
2. Union doesnt want it.
3. NFL has deals with certain companies that make helmets and if they were to say only this helmet you would have companies saying the endorsement deal was off ect.

They need to put on a crash test dummy demonstration with players imo. most young players like the bigger newer helmets but get made fun of by vets because of the way the helmets look.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is currently the best player in the league in my opinion. At LEAST the best QB. Rodgers led the most injury riddled team in the league to the Super Bowl, and won it, and won SB MVP along the way. He was the MVP of the best team in the league. By that standard, he is currently the best in the world.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is currently the best player in the league in my opinion. At LEAST the best QB. Rodgers led the most injury riddled team in the league to the Super Bowl, and won it, and won SB MVP along the way. He was the MVP of the best team in the league. By that standard, he is currently the best in the world.

if you werent a packer fan would you say he is a better QB than Tom Brady?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are those 2 past their prime. Brady just won the Mvp this year. Peyton wasn't at his level this year but that doesn't mean he is out of his prime. He has won 4 Mvps. 2003 20004 and recently 2008,2009. Don't be dumb saying that both of these guys are out of their prime. Peyton and Brady both had a lot of injuries to their wide receiver groups. We just had Finley. How are you going to say the colts and the pats are no longer going to make the playoffs. You are talking about 2 of the best teams in the last decade.
no need for the name calling,,,,,,,,and I said they probably won't lead their teams to the playoff, not "no longer"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts