Where do you place blame for todays **** Wooping (Now with Polls)

Where do you place blame for todays horrible beatdown.

• Mike McCarthy

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ted Tompson

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Dom Capers

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Offensive Line

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Matty Flynn

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Defense Personnel

• Offensive Personnel

• All of the Above

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Copying what I wrote on the other thread right before this was created:

Offense had no success and it all started with the line. Line couldn't run block, and the line couldn't pass block. As a result we had 3-n-out after 3-n-out; this quickly tires out a defense who were successful early, but stayed on the field all day long. You can't ask a defense to perform like they did early on for too long. I think our line's struggle was most clear on the safety, Flynn was swallowed almost immediately; they were untouched and Flynn had no where to run.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are referring to the fact that MM still hasn't fired Capers then yes I agree. Otherwise I don't think MM is the problem

I disagree, mm is the problem. It is on him to make sure all of the ducks are in a row. He must make sure the game plan is set from the beginning, he must make sure adjustments are made at halftime. From the get go he was completely out coached. Now it is not his fault that the entire team gets injured every year or that every back up is an undrafted free agent from some d3 school. But he does in fact have say in who comes and goes.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is to many plays in the playbook that call for the oline to not even try. I mean what can you do when your oline is getting bittch slapped all over the place?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ALL OF THE ABOVE is a cop-out, and wish that wouldn't have been offered as a choice.
Although, there is a LOT of blame to go around so most of them deserve some blame.

But Ted Thompson got all the accolades when we won the Super Bowl, and started 2011 like a Champion, but AS SEEN ON TV, this team without Rodgers is flat-out atrocious, on both sides of the ball and special teams.

The injuries to Rodgers is a killer for us, and of course we are missing 2 huge weapons in tall Finley and speedy Cobb.
The defense, however, is not missing a lot of our preferred-starters. I think Casey Hayward is the only preferred starter out, but we are supposed to be okay in depth there. Out defense is actually healthier than most NFL defenses at this point in the season.

Ted's over-reliance on youth, and his aversion to veterans of other teams, has caught up to him, and the results speak for themselves.
How much faster is the young Jeron McMillian than Charles Woodson?
Or M.D. Jennings?
Morgan Burnett was the beneficiary of a few forced fumbles today, but he's certainly not performed anywhere near what he was rewarded with financially.
Ted traded up for him thinking he was going to be a stud.
And even though he had not performed like a Pro Bowl level safety, they paid him like he was about to blossom into one.
He has not done that.
The safeties still do not have a single interception this season.

By the way, Jeremy Ross was better than any player on the field today wearing gold & white.

The buck starts at the top, and that's Ted Thompson.

Now, I do blame McCarthy a ton for today, but I liked how he came out with a couple early screens, to neutralize the pass rush of the Lions. The first one worked for a 20-yard gain to Eddie Lacy. The next one didn't work.

Dom Capers, however, is the coach that has to go after this season.
He's never lasted anywhere long like a **** Lebeau has, and we've seen why.
For some reason, he can't adapt, can't keep up with the offensive evolutions.

Can you imagine what the Saints in New Orleans, or Broncos in Denver would do to this team?
Remember week one, when Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards?
I think the Saints and Broncos wouldn't even have to dress a punter.

I saw a stat tonight on Twitter, exact number escapes me.
But it was about like this:
In the first 6 games this year, the Packers defense had allowed a total of about 460 yards rushing. Do the math, that's good, and well under 100 per game.
In the last 4 games, 3 times the opposing team went over 200 yards. Rushing.

That's in addition to making guys like Christian Ponder, Josh McNown, Nick Foles, and Eli Manning look like great QBs.
The scheme sucks. There's plenty of talent on defense.
The defense has five 1st round picks on it. But it's terrible, as we all saw today and keep seeing.
That's on Capers, sorry.

I want to see Kevin Greene replace him next year, or someone else.
I wish we had the bravado on defense of the new & improved Saints defense led by Rex Ryan. But he's an ***hole. And was fired by Dallas last year.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I think ALL OF THE ABOVE is a cop-out, and wish that wouldn't have been offered as a choice.
Although, there is a LOT of blame to go around so most of them deserve some blame.

But Ted Thompson got all the accolades when we won the Super Bowl, and started 2011 like a Champion, but AS SEEN ON TV, this team without Rodgers is flat-out atrocious, on both sides of the ball and special teams.

The injuries to Rodgers is a killer for us, and of course we are missing 2 huge weapons in tall Finley and speedy Cobb.
The defense, however, is not missing a lot of our preferred-starters. I think Casey Hayward is the only preferred starter out, but we are supposed to be okay in depth there. Out defense is actually healthier than most NFL defenses at this point in the season.

Ted's over-reliance on youth, and his aversion to veterans of other teams, has caught up to him, and the results speak for themselves.
How much faster is the young Jeron McMillian than Charles Woodson?
Or M.D. Jennings?
Morgan Burnett was the beneficiary of a few forced fumbles today, but he's certainly not performed anywhere near what he was rewarded with financially.
Ted traded up for him thinking he was going to be a stud.
And even though he had not performed like a Pro Bowl level safety, they paid him like he was about to blossom into one.
He has not done that.
The safeties still do not have a single interception this season.

By the way, Jeremy Ross was better than any player on the field today wearing gold & white.

The buck starts at the top, and that's Ted Thompson.

Now, I do blame McCarthy a ton for today, but I liked how he came out with a couple early screens, to neutralize the pass rush of the Lions. The first one worked for a 20-yard gain to Eddie Lacy. The next one didn't work.

Dom Capers, however, is the coach that has to go after this season.
He's never lasted anywhere long like a **** Lebeau has, and we've seen why.
For some reason, he can't adapt, can't keep up with the offensive evolutions.

Can you imagine what the Saints in New Orleans, or Broncos in Denver would do to this team?
Remember week one, when Kaepernick threw for over 400 yards?
I think the Saints and Broncos wouldn't even have to dress a punter.

I saw a stat tonight on Twitter, exact number escapes me.
But it was about like this:
In the first 6 games this year, the Packers defense had allowed a total of about 460 yards rushing. Do the math, that's good, and well under 100 per game.
In the last 4 games, 3 times the opposing team went over 200 yards. Rushing.

That's in addition to making guys like Christian Ponder, Josh McNown, Nick Foles, and Eli Manning look like great QBs.
The scheme sucks. There's plenty of talent on defense.
The defense has five 1st round picks on it. But it's terrible, as we all saw today and keep seeing.
That's on Capers, sorry.

I want to see Kevin Greene replace him next year, or someone else.
I wish we had the bravado on defense of the new & improved Saints defense led by Rex Ryan. But he's an ***hole. And was fired by Dallas last year.

I had to write all of the above as a everyone screwed up.

I really dident feel like writing in every player and coach as an option.

dgallagh28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT, MM and DC all have to go. A GM that pays a QB >$70m guaranteed and then goes into the season with that offensive line and no QB backup plan does not deserve a second chance. The unfortunate truth with MM is that he is a complete meathead and he is finally being exposed without A-Rod behind center. Getting rid of DC is a no brainer, should be some solid replacement options this offseason. We go into every game at a disadvantage with our subpar coaching staff. That said, we have several players that have overstayed their welcome as well - Newhouse should have never made the team and needs to be cut. We need to find more physical players on both sides of the ball - both lines are absolutely pathetic. We also need to go out and get some proven veterans in the defensive backfield. The list goes on, but the lack of heart is my biggest frustration. Btw, for all the talk about how dirty Detroit is, it was our player that pushed a ref. Tough year to be a die hard Packer fan.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I won't be watching today's pathetic Thanksgiving game, I have no comment on that.
Overall for the dismal showing of this season, instead of blaming any particular Packers, I blame the Bears or rather the Bears player (Whose name I don't know and does it matter?) who injured A-Rod.
Ever since our Main Man went out, well, I don't need to remind you of what happened.
Now if anyone wants to blame the O-Line for that, be my guest.
But I'd rather focus on positive solutions or hope for better games ahead instead of blaming anyone of the Packers.
We can blame the situation of injuries which I don't think can always be prevented in such a tough physical sport.
Nobody is intending to lose. They are all trying their best with what they got. I know it isn't good enough but every team in the NFL has it's ups and downs. Unfortunately we have really had our share of downs.

Look at the 49ers.
A few SB wins when Montana was there.
Then they went through a long SB drought.
And what happens when they finally get there again?
They lose.
Did that happen to us?
No.
So cheer up. It could be worse. You could be a Niners fan.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't offensive and defensive personnel the same thing as Thompson? Not trying to start anything, just curious what the difference is.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Talking about firing TT or MM is just part of the frustration we all feel, it will pass.

Capers on the other hand, yeah I'm down with that.

The rest of the season all comes down to if/when Aaron makes it back. The good news is for every game like today the Lions play, they can turn around and lay an egg just as easily the next.

Remaining schedules:

LIONS:

@ EAGLES
RAVENS
GIANTS
@ VIKINGS

BEARS:

@ VIKINGS
COWBOYS
@ BROWNS
@ EAGLES
PACKERS

PACKERS:

ATLANTA
@ COWBOYS
STEELERS
@ BEARS

I see the Lions losing to the Iggles and the Giants, dunno about the Ravens and the Vikings.

After Sunday, (dunno how that will turn out), I see the Bears losing the next three games, making the final game of the season a must win for both teams.

We could beat Atlanta, but without Aaron I don't see us winning the final three games.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its my fault ! I left the cheesehat in Kansas City when I came back to the land of brats and beer farts for the Holiday. I take full responsibility for my carelessness. ;)

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talking about firing TT or MM is just part of the frustration we all feel, it will pass.

Capers on the other hand, yeah I'm down with that.

The rest of the season all comes down to if/when Aaron makes it back. The good news is for every game like today the Lions play, they can turn around and lay an egg just as easily the next.

Remaining schedules:

LIONS:

@ EAGLES
RAVENS
GIANTS
@ VIKINGS

BEARS:

@ VIKINGS
COWBOYS
@ BROWNS
@ EAGLES
PACKERS

PACKERS:

ATLANTA
@ COWBOYS
STEELERS
@ BEARS

I see the Lions losing to the Iggles and the Giants, dunno about the Ravens and the Vikings.

After Sunday, (dunno how that will turn out), I see the Bears losing the next three games, making the final game of the season a must win for both teams.

We could beat Atlanta, but without Aaron I don't see us winning the final three games.

At this point, nothing would annoy me more than a run for the playoffs that falls just short.

I don't think it's happening. Let's maximize the value of that pick.

P.S.: Why include an "All of the Above" option in the poll above? -Of course that's a total cop out.

H

HardRightEdge

At this point, nothing would annoy me more than a run for the playoffs that falls just short.

I don't think it's happening. Let's maximize the value of that pick.

P.S.: Why include an "All of the Above" option in the poll above? -Of course that's a total cop out.

There will be no run to the playoffs. All that's left is damage control.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was both sides of the ball.... offensive line was awful..... The defensive was just as bad. We forced no 3 and outs. Few 3rd and longs.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
In baseball when your play stinks to high heaven, you get "Demoted"to the minor league, In football when your play is !@#&%*! I think you should be benched and forced to wear bright orange shirts W/pictures of TT on them….

Members online

Latest posts