Where are all the Finley critics now ?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Oh I wasn't part of that debate. That guy said the other guy deleted his posts. I kindly informed him that the moderators wisely moved those posts to another thread because the posts were off topic, and that the debate could be continued there.
Sorry Hyp, no offence intended to you bud, I merely meant we ALL follow the same team. The thread got me down a bit the other night.

H

HardRightEdge

How do you like that? Exactly the way he should answer, right down the line. Lessons learned, finally? That's probably hoping for too much, and it's probably too little too late.

If he's willing to forgo next year's $8 mil and resign for 3 or 4 years at much less per year he might be kept. He's got to know if he's cut nobody else will pay him that kind of money.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you like that? Exactly the way he should answer, right down the line. Lessons learned, finally? That's probably hoping for too much, and it's probably too little too late.

If he's willing to forgo next year's $8 mil and resign for 3 or 4 years at much less per year he might be kept. He's got to know if he's cut nobody else will pay him that kind of money.

No I think it is just talk to make potential teams to say he learned his lesson...

He and Rodgers are best friends? I dont buy that

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the thread starter didn't read Bob McGinn's story(Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel) on Finley from Sunday. Bob spelled out in a logical and straightforward manner why the Packers have apparently given up on Finley.
Here's a couple of questions to ask as well:
1)Where has your hero been much of the season?
2)Is he worth $7 million a year, when the cap is very tight for next season and they have to work on re-signing Clay and Aaron.
McGinn was very clear(and he has access to Ted Thompson) that the Packers are going to unload Finley at the end of the season regardless of circumstances.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently the thread starter didn't read Bob McGinn's story(Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel) on Finley from Sunday. Bob spelled out in a logical and straightforward manner why the Packers have apparently given up on Finley.

Considering he made the thread in middle of Nov, I am SURE he didnt read this SUNDAY'S paper

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry for bringing up this old post..

Watching Americas Game on NFLN for the SB win for the Packers....When Woodson broke his collarbone Rodgers said..

My best friend..

I recall that Finley said Rodgers and he were best friends, had to find it as it bothered me!! This quote is from hypon's link post

"That's with every receiver-quarterback combination. You're going to get unhappy at times, but that's in the scheme of things -- it happens," he said. "At the end of the day, we are teammates and best friends so that squashes everything."

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Watching Americas Game on NFLN for the SB win for the Packers....When Woodson broke his collarbone Rodgers said..

My best friend..

I recall that Finley said Rodgers and he were best friends, had to find it as it bothered me!! This quote is from hypon's link post

I just can't picture the two of these guys being "best friends"...but what do I know.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My best friend..

I guess Rodgers would rather hang out with Cobb and Nelson hahaha

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll I've defended Finley when it wasn't popular. He has played well the last few weeks for sure. Maybe he will get a few apologies if he keeps it up? ;)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll I've defended Finley when it wasn't popular. He has played well the last few weeks for sure. Maybe he will get a few apologies if he keeps it up? ;)
I just don't think that three consecutive good games makes up for the year and a half of "Blah" we've gotten from him. Now, if he puts the team on his back, and carries us to a Super Bowl victory, we'll talk.

I

Maybe we could ask Gregs sister what she thinks ??? just a thought

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about 5 games then? Because he has that right now.
Well he doesn't have 5 consecutive good games this season. Since the bye he's been pretty solid actually, but smack dab in the middle of a pair of solid stat lines from 3 consecutive games is the Detroit game from week 14. Also those good stat lines are mostly yardage, only 1 TD way back in the week 11. He is averaging 6 catches a game in the last 3 weeks of the season, which is nice. Like I said, show me some A+ effort for an extended period of time and we can talk.

Because honestly, that's what it takes to repair a tarnished image. Brakes will not be given.

I

As annoying as it is to say, and as long as he wears green and gold, I guess I`ll forgive his past crimes if he gives us 100% effort. He might flap his jaw a bit too much at times like an idiot, but I guess for a while at least, he`s OUR idiot !!

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As annoying as it is to say, and as long as he wears green and gold, I guess I`ll forgive his past crimes if he gives us 100% effort. He might flap his jaw a bit too much at times like an idiot, but I guess for a while at least, he`s OUR idiot !!
I care less about what he does off the field. I really only care about what players do on the field, he's been working at it I'll give him that, but he's still got a ways to go imo.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Viking fan, I respect Finley's potential to be a top 3 tight end, but I can't stand his antics when getting a first down. I can't stand how he throws a party like it's 1999 even if he has dropped 3 passes in that game. It's Jerome Simpson-like.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not like he set a franchise record this year or anything
He did, for Catches by a TE in a season. He posted 61, and the old mark was 56. Congrats Jermichael. That's actually pretty impressive.

Look I never said that's he isn't starting to warm my heart about him again, but I still want to see more before I believe that he is past his lazy streak.

Kudos on being more forgiving than I.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Viking fan, I respect Finley's potential to be a top 3 tight end, but I can't stand his antics when getting a first down. I can't stand how he throws a party like it's 1999 even if he has dropped 3 passes in that game. It's Jerome Simpson-like.
hahahaha, It's so funny seeing people get irked by players having emotion. Let's not even start to talk about the dance party the Vikings held after every play in the MetroDome last week.

But seriously I have no problem with players being amped and getting into the game. I actually love seeing constructive emotion displayed on the field. I don't want to watch emotionless robots play the game, I wanna see players with personality loving every minute of being paid millions of dollars to play a game.

Members online

Latest posts