When will Packer fans learn?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd put a majority of the blame on Peyton. The Colts made the playoffs 10 straight years due to the strength of the offense. The defense was always the weak point of the team. Even worse, the Colts kept drafting skill position players and ignored areas of need including offensive line.

Similar to the Colts, I don't want the Packers to have to score on every possession to make up for the lack of defense. The Packers should/could make the playoffs every year until Aaron Rodgers retires. Give him a defense and he'll win you Super Bowls.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

Take a look. Every playoff loss they have minus one the offense has failed to score more than 18 points.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

Take a look. Every playoff loss they have minus one the offense has failed to score more than 18 points.

Listen, I know what you're saying... I fully understand. My point is that Peyton Manning and the offense gave the Colts a chance to win the Super Bowl for 10 straight years. Aaron Rodgers and the offense will/should give the Packers a chance to win the Super Bowl for 10 straight years.

In the playoff game against the Giants, you could see Aaron Rodgers pressing. This was more than likely caused by the knowledge that the defense couldn't stop the Giants offense. The same could be said about Manning.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
looking at Peyton's playoff numbers will show you that Peyton isn't a great postseason QB and in his only SB winning postseason he needed the defense to carry him.

But at the end of his career if he wonders why he didn't have more rings he needs to look in the mirror.

I hear this a lot and it never bugged me. Why? Defense wins championships I think we are learning again these playoffs. And so does a good run game help....and the Colts run game was lights out that postseason too.

If the Colts in the playoffs met up with a more physical squad/better defensive team/more balanced team they often LOST outside of 2006. Often, TOP would be skewed towards the opposing team which puts even more pressure on your elite QB to score every time he gets the ball.

I put some blame on Peyton and don't always feel he played his best in the biggest moments. But, at the same time it's a team sport.

I love QBs. But, I get so damn nervous in the playoffs when you know if your QB does not play well you are toast. Right now with the Packers THIS past season if Aaron did not play well.....toast. And this makes me nervous right now and I hope some things change. This formula can work in the regular season but in the playoffs you are playing with fire having to use it for 3 or 4 straight games. Aaron can go into Godgers mode but you can't rely on it all the time. He is only human.

Overall, Aaron needs some help.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter to me offense or defense. As long as at the end of the game we have more points. The way I see it, you can do that by having an awesome offense and poor defense, a balanced team, or a poor offense and an awesome defense.

What is great about our situation is that our offense is young. Other than losing Driver, who's offensive output will be compensated for; or Clifton whose retirement will improve the run game, the rest of the team is young. That gives us time to upgrade that defense.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen, I know what you're saying... I fully understand. My point is that Peyton Manning and the offense gave the Colts a chance to win the Super Bowl for 10 straight years. Aaron Rodgers and the offense will/should give the Packers a chance to win the Super Bowl for 10 straight years.

In the playoff game against the Giants, you could see Aaron Rodgers pressing. This was more than likely caused by the knowledge that the defense couldn't stop the Giants offense. The same could be said about Manning.

You think Aaron overthrew his Wrs and they dropped a season high amount of balls bc he was thinking I cant win with this defense? (after a 15-1 season) Yeah I cant say I agree with that. This guy put up with Favre's crap, and some "fans" crap as well. I cant imagine he would just throw up a dud bc he is mentally weak.

The defense actually stopped the Giants the entire 3rd Quarter.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear this a lot and it never bugged me. Why? Defense wins championships I think we are learning again these playoffs. And so does a good run game help....and the Colts run game was lights out that postseason too.

In these playoffs the two teams in the SB were 15th and 25th in defense, respectively. 27th and 31st in yards allowed as well.

As far as rushing the Giants were the worst team in the league, 32nd, and the Pats were 20th.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
In these playoffs the two teams in the SB were 15th and 25th in defense, respectively. 27th and 31st in yards allowed as well.

As far as rushing the Giants were the worst team in the league, 32nd, and the Pats were 20th.
And both these SB teams seem to have picked up their weaknesses for the playoffs, thats why it's a new season and why stats can go out the window at times. Brady having a bad game in the regular season would have resulted in probably a loss. Not in the title game.

As for the Giants, they were banged up a lot this season and the D gelled more nearing the end when they got healthy.

With the Giants run game they also picked it up for the playoffs. They averaged 89.2 yards a game for the regular season. Vs. Atlanta they got 172 yards on the ground. Vs. the Packers they got 95 yards rushing. And vs. the Niners (who are TOUGH to run on) they picked up 87 yards rushing.

However against the Packers sadly what I remember most is Eli torching the D on third down a lot. It just seemed almost too easy at times to me.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think Aaron overthrew his Wrs and they dropped a season high amount of balls bc he was thinking I cant win with this defense? (after a 15-1 season) Yeah I cant say I agree with that. This guy put up with Favre's crap, and some "fans" crap as well. I cant imagine he would just throw up a dud bc he is mentally weak.

The defense actually stopped the Giants the entire 3rd Quarter.

The defense was horrific against the Giants from the first drive. The very first drive the defense forces a 3rd-and-11 and allows Eli Manning 7 seconds to find an open receiver for a monster gang. Yes, I believe Rodgers had no confidence in his defense in that playoff. How could he?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant imagine he would just throw up a dud bc he is mentally weak.

I never said he was mentally weak. I said that having to carry a team can often make a quarterback press... try to do more. The offense had to compensate for the defense all year.

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh but I think people realise the offense is in place and that if the defense could play to the standard of the 2010 season then we would be in great shape to get another SB.

Sometimes taking draft picks doesnt work out as you dont know if they can play at this level.
Going for someone in FA is a quicker solution.

I still dont see TT doing it.
Though having Cullen Jenkins back would be real cool.

Mario Williams?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts