When will Packer fans learn?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
13 Times Champs,

Do you believe you somehow own Bishop’s quote because you posted it first in this thread so anyone commenting on it has to address you? Like every other poster here I am able to comment on issues in response to, or independent of other poster’s comments and opinions. Like every other poster here, you are free to comment in response to my posts, or you can ignore them all together. Any confusion you experienced was self-generated. :D

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because it doesn't always work, doesn't mean it doesn't EVER work. I don't want to break the bank in free agency, but it sure would be nice to find another diamond in the rough like #21.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't own the quote but I did indeed post it first and it generated a response from you. You want to say everything in a post is directed towards you even if indeed it clearly addresses other parties.

Posted by You:

"Just for future reference if you address a post to me, I will continue to take it to mean me".

And if in the future you reference something I post I will take it to mean it is directed to me. Stalemate.

Time to move on.

:D

BSchujasNYG

Giants Fan
Reaction score
Good post. My Gmen didn't make a splash either, in fact, it was a drought. We lost "key" guys. I might have been the only fan (well, one of a few) on my board that didn't fret.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every single offseason its the cry of a handful of Packer fans...

"Ted needs to make a huge splash in Free Agency and get (insert player)!" or "Ted needs to be really active in the offseason since we are so close to a SB"

Yet every year he doesnt do much in FA (minus Woodson) and still the team improves. He got us a SB, a 15-1 season (best ever) and the 2nd longest winning streak in NFL history.

This team doesnt need an overhaul. No team is dominate at every position. Through 15 games we were 12th in points given up in the NFL, so while the team needs to clean up a little, its an easy fix. Landing some big Free Agent will mess with our ability to resign key packers and would go against the philosophy Ted has put in place for winning.

Take away a few drop passes and last week we would have hosted the NFC championship game. This is still an all time great team, they just played a bad game at the worst time of the year.
I haven't read through all the responses.
But I was just wondering if you have any answers to your question yet ivo.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see a question in there. It appears to be a statement of his view. (which I disagree with in a number of instances).

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
PATIENCE

I don't think many people know how to be as far as it goes in the winning department and focus. Let Ted take his time to fix all the problems. It may take a few years, but I don't care as long as win another Super Bowl, this defense has A LOT of problems, but we gotta give him time to fix it, it will work out, just be patient.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
PATIENCE

I don't think many people know how to be as far as it goes in the winning department and focus. Let Ted take his time to fix all the problems. It may take a few years, but I don't care as long as win another Super Bowl, this defense has A LOT of problems, but we gotta give him time to fix it, it will work out, just be patient.

This is what kills me. Aaron is in his prime NOW. He is 28 years old. When Brady was 28 and in his 20's his teams had consistently good Ds who made big stops and plays in big games....every single year. Its just in recent years with the defensive leaders retiring they had to rebuild and we hear "Poor Tom!!."

Brees has had some sucky defenses too that make guys like Alex Smith look like Joe Montana.

I would hate to see the prime of Rodgers wasted with a D who sometimes appears as physical as a litter of persian kittens.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what kills me. Aaron is in his prime NOW. He is 28 years old. When Brady was 28 and in his 20's his teams had consistently good Ds who made big stops and plays in big games....every single year. Its just in recent years with the defensive leaders retiring they had to rebuild and we hear "Poor Tom!!."

Brees has had some sucky defenses too that make guys like Alex Smith look like Joe Montana.

I would hate to see the prime of Rodgers wasted with a D who sometimes appears as physical as a litter of persian kittens.

Rodgers is just entering his prime. Relax.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with you. I don't want the Packers to become the Colts and Aaron Rodgers to become Peyton Manning. I would hate to see a team with an unstoppable offense constantly come up short because the defense is bad.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
PATIENCE

I don't think it is going to take that long to fix the D enough to take us to the Big Show. remember with this O we don't have to be a 1 or 2 D. If we are top 10 we will be a Kick *** team. Only a couple of players difference between the 2010 D and the 2011 D and there is alot of young talent that could make the Jump next year. TT, MM and Capers will get this ship righted rapidly.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is just entering his prime. Relax.
Besides, we had a top 5 defense in 2010. Its not like we are starting from scratch with a defense. There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball also. Matthews, Barnett, and Raji are young and very good. Shields and Tramon are also young and have looked amazing in 2010 - I have confidence they can get back there.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I agree with you. I don't want the Packers to become the Colts and Aaron Rodgers to become Peyton Manning. I would hate to see a team with an unstoppable offense constantly come up short because the defense is bad.

This would be my worst fear. I can see the Packers making the playoffs every year too. I hope they take advantage of more opportunities and not fall short most seasons.

You don't always IMO need a statistically great D though. But, you have to be able to win ugly and pretty at times. I don't think this years Packers could win ugly. Not physical enough either.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Besides, we had a top 5 defense in 2010. Its not like we are starting from scratch with a defense. There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball also. Matthews, Barnett, and Raji are young and very good. Shields and Tramon are also young and have looked amazing in 2010 - I have confidence they can get back there.

Barnett is gone. You probably meant Bishop.

While I agree that there are a few "top talent" defenders on the squad today-- overall, IMO, this defense is not loaded. Far from it. I believe the top 5 finish in 2010 is actually the fluke, not the season before it and/or the one after.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Barnett is gone. You probably meant Bishop.

While I agree that there are a few "top talent" defenders on the squad today-- overall, IMO, this defense is not loaded. Far from it. I believe the top 5 finish in 2010 is actually the fluke, not the season before it and/or the one after.

Or Burnett.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't read through all the responses.
But I was just wondering if you have any answers to your question yet ivo.
I was being facetious with the title. I know that no matter what everyone wont be pleased with the offseason.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looking at Peyton's playoff numbers will show you that Peyton isn't a great postseason QB and in his only SB winning postseason he needed the defense to carry him.

But at the end of his career if he wonders why he didn't have more rings he needs to look in the mirror.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looking at Peyton's playoff numbers will show you that Peyton isn't a great postseason QB and in his only SB winning postseason he needed the defense to carry him.

But at the end of his career if he wonders why he didn't have more rings he needs to look in the mirror.

I don't know if I'd put a majority of the blame on Peyton. The Colts made the playoffs 10 straight years due to the strength of the offense. The defense was always the weak point of the team. Even worse, the Colts kept drafting skill position players and ignored areas of need including offensive line.

Similar to the Colts, I don't want the Packers to have to score on every possession to make up for the lack of defense. The Packers should/could make the playoffs every year until Aaron Rodgers retires. Give him a defense and he'll win you Super Bowls.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree the Packers are poised to make several runs at a title with Rodgers behind center. They obviously have to get better on defense and even if they do, Rodgers has to play better than he did against the Giants, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts