When will Montgomery get a chance to play...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the #1 DL?

He was EVERYWHERE tonight. Albeit that it was in the 4th quarter against their 3rd team... I'd like to see him play against the better lines... See if he is as much of a playmaker as he was this game.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how he'd do against first stringers, but he did look pretty athletic out there when he had his chance. It would be nice if we had some of the younger guys like him develop to help KGB provide some more pass rush.

On a side note, you need to get an avatar. Maybe something like the following :D

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the players I watched(and re-watched on video tape) Montgomery stood out the most.

Yes, he was playing against San Diego's third unit....but what you look for is hustle.

He had plenty of that...but the closing speed was outstanding. He looks to me like one of those motor guys that you just can't keep out of the game.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sack at the end of the game was huge for him. Did anyone else notice how close he was the play before too? I had a weird hunch he was going to get him on that play.

I thought Collins, Hawkins (except for the TD series), and Montgomery all looked like they could pan out and be something for the team to utilize this year sometime.

Heck, we haven't even had the chance to see Murphy who is getting a lot of raves right now as well. Could this be the draft that puts the Packers back among the elite?

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I'm not sure how he'd do against first stringers, but he did look pretty athletic out there when he had his chance. It would be nice if we had some of the younger guys like him develop to help KGB provide some more pass rush.

On a side note, you need to get an avatar. Maybe something like the following :D

Thanks AZPF!

Now I just gotta learn to use it!... I know, I know...Use the FORCE!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Manning and Washington both played well also. Washington held his ground and shedded blockers to stuff the middle. I know the reports on him from camp say he hasn't shown much, but he did last night.

Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
I thought Manning and Washington both played well also. Washington held his ground and shedded blockers to stuff the middle. I know the reports on him from camp say he hasn't shown much, but he did last night.

Great to hear! :)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it was very exciting to see Montgomery out there whooping up on the Chargers. I hope in the next game we get to see him play with the 2nd team. :)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

Reports about Washington said he had slow feet but he looked fine last night. Maybe he is a game player and not a practice player. That's OK with me.

Members online

Latest posts