When is the last Packers game that was that entertaining?

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't remember having as much fun as I had watching the Chargers game (not in the last couple of years anyway)...The ups and downs...The frustrating goal-line screw-up....Followed by the incredible Favre-Jennings #420 connection...

My mind is still all abuzz with happy endorphins...

Have we had a game that good in the last 2 seasons? All I remember since 2005 is a lot of disappointment and a smattering of good plays...

Oh, AND the Vikings lost today! What a GREAT day to be a Packer fan!

I'd love to be in Green Bay right now to join every one else in dancing in the streets....

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question. There was a win at Minnesota on Christmas Eve of 2004 that pretty much clinched the division. As I recall, Donald Driver and Javon Walker both played HUGE in that game, and Longwell kicked the game-winning field goal. Unfortunately, we were not able to enjoy it for long, because the Packers got their ***** handed to them by the Vikings a couple weeks later in that playoff game at Lambeau, which ended the Sherman-as-GM era and should've ended the Sherman era completely. Unfortunately, he was allowed to hang around one more year as coach.

Let's hope today's win leads to bigger and better things than that one did.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: When is the last Packers game that was that entertaining

Greg C. said:
Good question. There was a win at Minnesota on Christmas Eve of 2004 that pretty much clinched the division. As I recall, Donald Driver and Javon Walker both played HUGE in that game, and Longwell kicked the game-winning field goal. Unfortunately, we were not able to enjoy it for long, because the Packers got their ***** handed to them by the Vikings a couple weeks later in that playoff game at Lambeau, which ended the Sherman-as-GM era and should've ended the Sherman era completely. Unfortunately, he was allowed to hang around one more year as coach.

Let's hope today's win leads to bigger and better things than that one did.

That was a great christmas eve game. I remember it well because it was the last game i watched with my grandpa before he died.

this chargers game (or at least the 4th quarter) was a great roller coaster and a very enjoyable game.

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woo! A great day by Favre, huge days for Driver, Gregorius, and Mr. Jones, and BJax's first touchdown :D I'm excited for you Packer fans. Way to go 3-0 and beat the Chargers! :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woo! A great day by Favre, huge days for Driver, Gregorius, and Mr. Jones, and BJax's first touchdown :D I'm excited for you Packer fans. Way to go 3-0 and beat the Chargers! :D
Thanks Zoogs!
Yeah......this game had me cussing at the TV......and then cheering! It was like being on a roller coaster. :D

Members online

Latest posts