Whats your best memory as a Packer fan?

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This reminds me:
Have any of you ever seen the original and best version of the football movie The Longest Yard starring Burt Renolds?
Yup. Ray has a part in it playing a tough prison guard.
He even puts his fist through a wall.
And during the game twice Burt throws a football right at him hitting him in the croch both times!
Ray doubles over in pain and whines about it!
What a good sport for doing that.
:D

As for the remake starring Adam *******? Forgedabout it. It's just way too clean and sanitized and not as tough and raw looking as the origingal.
******* playing a QB would be like eating a PBJ without the bread. Something is missing or doesn't seem right.

Haha, he was also in the movie Head, starring the Monkees. He played a guy in the army that for some reason wore a football helmet all the time and kept tackling all the members of the band. Great stuff.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
IMO that is the best sports movie ever. Joe Kapp as the walking boss... I think I broke his F'n neck... I think he broke his F'n neck... I did it! I broke his F'n neck!

But NOTHING, NOTHING beat Ray being allowed to come in untouched twice, drilled in the nads with the ball and then piled on! Great stuff.

Green Machine! Green Machine! Green Machine!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO that is the best sports movie ever. Joe Kapp as the walking boss... I think I broke his F'n neck... I think he broke his F'n neck... I did it! I broke his F'n neck!

But NOTHING, NOTHING beat Ray being allowed to come in untouched twice, drilled in the nads with the ball and then piled on! Great stuff.

Green Machine! Green Machine! Green Machine!!!
And Burt does a really good commentary on the DVD.
I also like the way they would do a curl formation when they broke out of the huddle.
:scratch:

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow thats a great story but tbh it should have had Mason Crosby in it ok probably not

Thank you very much. :)

We can't have Mason Crosby in that story because then he won't be able to produce all the amazing kicks he's going to bring us in the near future :D

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many wins, so many memories, but here are my 5:

1. Running down the street with my brothers holding a big Packer flag and people honking their horns and yelling after Super Bowl XXXI.
2. Everybody in the house jumping up and down and screaming after the Cardinals beat the Vikings in 2003.
3. My first game at Lambeau in 1999.
4. Packers winning the 1997 NFC Championship on my birthday.
5. The 1996 MNF game against the 49ers at Lambeau. We were at my brothers house and I was just a kid who had to wake up early the next day for school. It just felt like such an epic night.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was anybody else at the Snowbowl in 1985 vs. Tampa Bay? I remember that game as one of the best times at Lambeau ever. It was snowing so hard that day there were over 30,000 no shows. Roads were impassable. I went with my brother and our girfriends. If you sat in the same position for 10 minutes you'd have a drift building up on you.
There were times you could barely see the field and make out the players. But the Pack won that day--big day by Alphonso Carreker with a few sacks. It was crazy though. Snowball fights everywhere. After the game, like a couple hundred other people we couldn't get the car out, so we walked (staggered) home through the drifts.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite packer moment is when I went to the last packer game in the big sombrero down in Tampa Bay and the Bucs got booed when they came out of the tunnel AT HOME! lol Also, the late Ray Nitschke walked right up my row and stopped and had a brewski with my buddies and I right before the game started. We were sitting about 25 rows below the press box and Ray was on his way up to the box to join Jim and Max! CLASSIC!

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greatest Packer memories

As a fan for more than 50 yeras I have a bunch but two stand out from my youth. The mud Bowl after the 65 season where the Packers crushed the Browns behind a great day by an aging injured Paul Hornung and another great day by Jimmy Taylor. He always got up for games against Jimmy Brown and he was a demon that day!

The other that I still think about was the Western Conference Playoff game in 1967. The Packers had lost to the rams 27-24 two weeks before on a blocked punt late in the game but in the WC playoff they crushed the rams behind a gutty perormance by Bart Starr and an unheralded running back named Travis Williams killed the rams and went on to the NFL Championship game and their place in history the next week!
Pack88 :viksux:

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
As a fan for more than 50 yeras I have a bunch but two stand out from my youth. The mud Bowl after the 65 season where the Packers crushed the Browns behind a great day by an aging injured Paul Hornung and another great day by Jimmy Taylor. He always got up for games against Jimmy Brown and he was a demon that day!

The other that I still think about was the Western Conference Playoff game in 1967. The Packers had lost to the rams 27-24 two weeks before on a blocked punt late in the game but in the WC playoff they crushed the rams behind a gutty perormance by Bart Starr and an unheralded running back named Travis Williams killed the rams and went on to the NFL Championship game and their place in history the next week!
Pack88 :viksux:

Amazing stuff guys. Only Packer fans could come up with memories as great as these have been. I have enjoyed reading all these posts over the last few days.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
well I was looking for a thread to make my first post and I figure this would be a good one. I have some memories from earlier times like the super bowl XXXI, but I'll do some that are more fresh in my memory.

first is watching one or two packer games with my grandma who lives like 10 hours away from me way up in northern WI. when Amhan was in his prime and any time he would start to break a long run she would shout, GO AHMAN! GO AHMAN! GO AHMAN! over and over...good stuff.
then Id say the monday night game in the 07' season against the broncos when brett threw the game winning TD in overtime, it was the day before my moms birthday, and I had an enourmous migrain but watched the game anyway...you can imagine how hard my head hurt considering i was a nervous reck. then brett threw the game winning touchdown and ill never forget when mike turiko said "And it is....Hauled in, the packers win it in overitme....UNBELEVAIBLE!") then my mom, dad and I jumped up and down In front of the t.v.
And lastly, when I went to the packer game that same season against minnesota on november 11 and the Packers beat them 34-0. It was by far the best game Ive been too. What I remember most was when brett threw it to R. Martin in the endzone, and it was tipped off a vikings defenders hands and right into ruvell's hands in the endzone, and the crowd erupted.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed reading these posts.

Back before Lambeau was renovated and that corrugated steel siding ruled the day, I took my son to HIS first game - he was maybe 8 or so. We entered through the East ramp and as we'd progress up that ramp, the first thing you'd see were the boxes and then, part of the multi-colored scenery created by the fan seating...and then more fans...and then, the grass. I was holding his hand and really just watched the expression on his face and then, as we got to the top of the ramp when the whole panoramic scene was laid in front of him,watching his eyes open to the size of half dollars and his breathless "Awwwwww Dad....this is so cool..."

All the fun, tailgate parties, young girls and bar romping before and after ... and, all of the fun and historic games I've been privileged to see ... all of the famous athletes I got to see perform over the years... nothing held a candle to the awed look on the face of a little kid at his first professional football game. A lot of time has passed since then, but I can still hear the tone in his voice. That moment has now been replaced with his constant prodding for me to take him to the stadium for games - he of course, likes the fact that I buy.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed reading these posts.

Back before Lambeau was renovated and that corrugated steel siding ruled the day, I took my son to HIS first game - he was maybe 8 or so. We entered through the East ramp and as we'd progress up that ramp, the first thing you'd see were the boxes and then, part of the multi-colored scenery created by the fan seating...and then more fans...and then, the grass. I was holding his hand and really just watched the expression on his face and then, as we got to the top of the ramp when the whole panoramic scene was laid in front of him,watching his eyes open to the size of half dollars and his breathless "Awwwwww Dad....this is so cool..."

All the fun, tailgate parties, young girls and bar romping before and after ... and, all of the fun and historic games I've been privileged to see ... all of the famous athletes I got to see perform over the years... nothing held a candle to the awed look on the face of a little kid at his first professional football game. A lot of time has passed since then, but I can still hear the tone in his voice. That moment has now been replaced with his constant prodding for me to take him to the stadium for games - he of course, likes the fact that I buy.

I really miss the corrugated steel facade. Great stuff. My favorite part was that tacky Oneida Nation clock face with the minute and second hand. Haha. I miss old Lambeau.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many great Packer moments for me – here are 15 of mine:

1.) 1972 – getting a Rawlings Green Bay Packer helmet (youth size) when I was 9 for Christmas, and that helmet is in my home office to this day.
2.) 1976 – meeting Forest Gregg and getting his autograph in the game program when he was head coach of the Cleveland Browns following a pre-season game between the Browns and Atlanta Falcons at Oklahoma St. University in Stillwater, OK. (yes, I still have that game program).
3.) 1982 – watching the Packers play in their first playoff game since 1972 against the St. Louis Cardinals during the strike shortened season of 1982. I believe the NFL called this the “Super Bowl Tournament” instead of the playoffs, and the Packers beat the St. Louis Cardinals 41-16 in the snow. It was great!
4.) 1983 – watching the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins in one of the greatest Monday Night Football games of all time as the Packers won 48-47. QB Lynn ****ey and TE Paul Coffman had an amazing game that night and Mark Mosely of the Redskins missed a 39 yd FG in the end that would have won it.
5.) 1989 – watching the “Instant Replay Game” when Don “Majik Man” Majkowski hit Sterling Sharpe with a 14 yard TD pass with seconds remaining against Dikta and “da Bears”. This was a classic and was the Packers first victory over the Bears since 1984.
6.) 1993 – watching the Packers beat the Lions in the ’93 Wild Card Game on Brett Favre’s 40 yard pass to Sterling Sharpe.
7.) 1996 – SUPER BOWL 31 CHAMPIONS – FINALLY AFTER ALL THE LEAN YEARS IN THE 70’S AND 80’S
8.) 1999 – watching Brett Favre hit Corey Bradford on 4th down with seconds remaining to beat the Vikings 23-20 at Lambeau Field. Madden and Summerall were calling this game and it was just great football.
9.) 2002 – my first game at Lambeau Field, September 29, 2002 – the Carolina Panthers came to Lambeau Field and was leading 7-3 when Bubba Franks (yes Bubba Franks) threw a 31 yard TD pass to Donald Driver in the 2nd quarter. There was a penalty on the play for Franks being past the line of scrimmage on the pass. But after review, Franks was not beyond the line of scrimmage, the TD stood, Lambeau Field erupted, and the Packers had a 10-7 lead at the half. In the 4th quarter, the Panthers took a 14-10 lead and then the Packers came back to make it 17-14. The Panthers drove the ball to the south end zone (where I was sitting) to the Green Bay 5 as time was running. Shayne Graham came in to hit a gimmie FG to send the game into OT. But Graham missed the chip shot FG wide right and the Packers won, 17-14. What a great memory for my first Packer game at Lambeau Field.
10.) 2003 – my second game at Lambeau Field, September 14, 2003 – Lions at Packers. In the first quarter and no score, Ahman Green broke off a 65 yard TD run and the route was on. Green Bay 31, Detroit 6.
11.) 2003 – I have not had many good feelings about Favre for the last several years, even when he was still a Packer, but his Monday Night performance against the Oakland Raiders following the death of his dad still ranks as one of my all-time Packer memories. His 399 yards passing and his 4 TD’s was very special at the time. Although I can’t stand Favre now, this was a special game and moment in the history of the Green Bay Packers.
12.) 2003 – listening to the radio broadcast of Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren during the Packers final 2003 regular season game against the Broncos. The Packers were on their way to a 31-3 beat down of the Broncos, but needed the Vikings to lose to the Arizona Cardinals to make the playoffs. Larrivee and McCarren gave updates all day long of the Vikings/Cardinals game and with Minnesota leading 17-6 in the 4th quarter, it looked as if the Packers playoffs chances were doomed. But the Cardinals scored a late TD to make the score 17-12, then got the ensuing onside kick. The Cardinals appeared to have lost and then came the last play of the game as time was running out on the Packers season. This is what I remember hearing on the radio as Larrivee and McCarren called the last play of the Vikings/Cardinals game: Larrivee – “This is it, the Packers season on the line, McCown’s pass in the end zone”, McCarren - “HE CAUGHT IT, HE CAUGHT IT”, Larrivee, “Did he catch it. YES! TOUCHDOWN”, McCarren –“And the crowd at Lambeau has erupted.” That may not be their exact words, but you get the picture. McCown’s 28 TD yard pass to Nate Poole stood, and to hear Larrivee and McCarren make the call and to hear the Lambeau Field crowd erupt in the background on the radio was priceless.
13.) 2004 - my third game at Lambeau Field – the Packers cruise to a 41-20 win over the hated Dallas Cowboys, and Ahman Green’s 90 yard TD run in the 4th quarter was a thing of beauty.
14.) 2004 - my fourth Packers game, this time at Reliant Field in Houston, November 21, 2004, as the Packers visited the Texans for a Sunday night game. The Texans had a 13-3 lead at the half, but the Packers came back to tie, then won it on Ryan Longwell’s 46 yard field goal that just sneaked in with just seconds remaining and the Packers won 16-13.
15.) 2007 - my fifth Packers game, this time at Texas Stadium, November 29, 2007, sitting in a suite on the 50 yard line, as the 10-1 Packers visited the 10-1 Cowboys on Thursday night. Favre played like crap as he always did at Texas Stadium, then got hurt (I never did think that the all-time QB great iron man was hurt, he just didn’t want to play that night) and Aaron Rodgers came in and all Packer fans got to see the future QB of the Packers. Rodgers played well and might have won the game if not for some bad pass interference plays by the Packers D in the 4th quarter. I also remember how Favre just stood on the sideline and never offered one word of advice or help to Rodgers at all. That was the beginning of the end for me and my adoration for Favre. The suite I was in was filled with Cowboy fans, and all of them were talking about the play of Aaron Rodgers and they were all saying to me, “It’s time for Favre to go.” As I walked away from that game, I remember saying to myself, “they are right, it is time for Favre to go.”

There are many more, but these are the ones that came to my mind first.

GO PACK GO!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really miss the corrugated steel facade. Great stuff. My favorite part was that tacky Oneida Nation clock face with the minute and second hand. Haha. I miss old Lambeau.
Even though I've never been there I think it's really cool that the Pack is one of the few teams in American pro-sports anywhere to keep on playing in it's original stadium.
(They even tore down County Stadium for corns sake! )
What also makes it even better compared to new ones is that it isn't named after any ******* corporate sponsors.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I've never been there I think it's really cool that the Pack is one of the few teams in American pro-sports anywhere to keep on playing in it's original stadium.
What also makes it even better compared to new ones is that it isn't named after any ******* corporate sponsors.

What does corn have to do with the Cowboys new stadium???????

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I do love that they didn't give into naming rights. Don't forget that the Packers played at City Stadium behind East High in Green Bay until the 50's when New City Stadium (Lambeau Field) opened. Green Bay East still played there. I played against East in High School on that field. Very cool.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does corn have to do with the Cowboys new stadium???????
I don't know if you were having fun with my post or not....

Anyway, you do know that County Stadium is where the Brewers and sometimes the Packers played, right?
Corns sake is an expression in the Spongebob movie.

I don't understand why they tore down Cnty Stad.
It's one thing to tear down if there are structual problems. (Justified.)
Another if it's just owner's greed to upgrade to something to bring in money. (Unjustified)
I hate Miller Park. It's like being in a big box. It doesn't have the same feeling as being in a real ball park.
I digress and that may be for another thread another time or place....

Carry on with memories of the Packers.
:clapping:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

My wife thought I was nutz. Everytime I'd be in Green Bay (I have family about two blocks from the stadium and in DePere, plus my Mom was in a nursing home so I was up there every weekend), I'd stop just to touch the corrugated steel...hahahaha... yeah, I guess was nutz...but, I really don't miss the old Lambeau much - that place had deteriorated so much. I do miss the parking though. There is so much wasted space in that East lot now.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
My wife thought I was nutz. Everytime I'd be in Green Bay (I have family about two blocks from the stadium and in DePere, plus my Mom was in a nursing home so I was up there every weekend), I'd stop just to touch the corrugated steel...hahahaha... yeah, I guess was nutz...but, I really don't miss the old Lambeau much - that place had deteriorated so much. I do miss the parking though. There is so much wasted space in that East lot now.

I guess I just miss Lambeau the way it was when I was a kid. Its all commercialized now, which I understand. I'm sentimental I guess. Reminds me of going to the games with my dad and older brother. Great times. Great memories.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Late to this thread but I can say that this is without doubt like shooting fish in a barrel. The answer will seem lame but if I answered any other way I'd be lying so... It was the moments right after SB XXXI.

I was born in September of 1968 so right after SB II. Pretty much, I grew up a Packer fan who knew nothing but pain and misery - but I heard all my dad's stories about Lombardi and the glory days. Hell, I thought Don Majkowski and the Pack of '89 were the cat's meow - I'd never really seen better in Green Bay. 95% of the curse words in my vocabulary were learned on Sunday afternoons listening to my dad watch the pitiful Packers during the '70s and '80s.

After all those years of suffering and futility, after SB XXXI I openly wept like a baby. It was an uncontrollable catharsis of decades of frustration and agony. I'll never forget that moment as long as I live. In my life there have been few like it. My wedding, the birth of my son, and MAYBE graduation from college. On my death bed I am sure it will be one of the memories swimming in my head and it will leave me with a smile. ********, that was a great feeling.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Late to this thread but I can say that this is without doubt like shooting fish in a barrel. The answer will seem lame but if I answered any other way I'd be lying so... It was the moments right after SB XXXI.

I was born in September of 1968 so right after SB II. Pretty much, I grew up a Packer fan who knew nothing but pain and misery - but I heard all my dad's stories about Lombardi and the glory days. Hell, I thought Don Majkowski and the Pack of '89 were the cat's meow - I'd never really seen better in Green Bay. 95% of the curse words in my vocabulary were learned on Sunday afternoons listening to my dad watch the pitiful Packers during the '70s and '80s.

After all those years of suffering and futility, after SB XXXI I openly wept like a baby. It was and uncontrollable catharsis of decades of frustration and agony. I'll never forget that moment as long as I live. In my life there have been few like it. My wedding, the birth of my son, and MAYBE graduation from college. On my death bed I am sure it will be one of the memories swimming in my head and it will leave me with a smile. ********, that was a great feeling.

Hells yeah it was. I was 13 at the time, but after the game was over my dad took me downtown in Green Bay. We parked the car and just walked around. The energy downtown was amazing. Everyone from the bars had come outside. People were climbing lamp posts and singing and cheering together. It was an amazing feeling. That was only topped by the teams parade through the city when they got back from New Orleans. School was cancelled. It was amazing, truly something I'll never forget. Hopefully that feeling will be replicated sooner rather than later. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand why they tore down Cnty Stad.

Really? That place was a crap hole. Don't get me wrong I had many memories there INCLUDING my first Packers game. Yea, my first one was at County Stadium, and I was so young, I can't even barely remember it. But yea, County Stadium was really old and it just looked really bad... Miller Park is a really nice park anyways. And I hope no one confuses domes in baseball to domes in football.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
County Stadium truly was a dump. Miller Park is one of the nicest ballparks I've ever been too to watch a baseball game. Concourses are nice....seats are comfortable....parking is easy. Great stadium.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts