What's worse - 49ers now or Dallas in 90s?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners are now dominating us the same way Dallas did in the early 90s. This seems worse though. At least in the 90s, Favre was still young and inexperienced and not in his prime yet. Dallas was in their prime. Now we have Rodgers in his prime losing to a younger Kapernick.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
49ers. We didn't expect as much out of the 90's Packers as we do out of the current team.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers. We didn't expect as much out of the 90's Packers as we do out of the current team.

90s Cowboys, the playoff and super bowl drought made those losses genuinely painful. The losses to the 9ners suck but you know they're not going to win anything. Seattle has their number for the immediate future. Somehow I expect the Seahawks to not win anything either.

OP
OP
P

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
90s Cowboys, the playoff and super bowl drought made those losses genuinely painful. The losses to the 9ners suck but you know they're not going to win anything.

So in the 90s, at least we were losing to championship teams. Now, we are losing to a team that won't win anything. That says something about how good we are now.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the 90s, at least we were losing to championship teams. Now, we are losing to a team that won't win anything. That says something about how good we are now.

Sigh... or maybe because our team has had recent post season success it makes the post season seem less desperate than it did for a fan base that hadn't see a playoff win in decades.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners are now dominating us the same way Dallas did in the early 90s. This seems worse though. At least in the 90s, Favre was still young and inexperienced and not in his prime yet. Dallas was in their prime. Now we have Rodgers in his prime losing to a younger Kapernick.

In the 90's everyone was losing to the Cowboys. They were the best team in football.

That said, the 49ers are currently one of the best. Nobody wants to lose four in a row to anyone, but some of the posters here act like the Packers are losing to a bad team.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
woah, sorry paratrooper i didnt know you were a closet niner fan. you honestly dont think they are arrogant and dirty players? its funny i dont recall one single chop "block" to the niners knees. please reference the injuries to neal and mulumba.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no comparison to what Dallas did to us all of those years and the Niners. We played the Niners even the last two games we played them. Against Dallas all of those years we were very lucky to even be in those games. That O-line that they had just dominated us....and like somebody else said here...everyone else.

I'm 100% serious about this... all things equal as far as healthy rosters... I like the Pack over the Niners right now. Back in the 90s with Dallas... not even close.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers - and not because I have any resentment towards the team. I hate losing to them 4 times in a row, but they have been the better team, and I respect them as an organization; I don't hate a team if they beat us cleanly. I think the 49ers are worse just because we expect more from the Packers organization behind a QB in his prime, as opposed behind Favre in the 90s, who was a still wet behind the ears while the Cowboys were cleaning house in the league.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
9ers because E-Coli is a ******.

Dallas actually won and was a strong team during the early to mid 90s.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
90s Cowboys, the playoff and super bowl drought made those losses genuinely painful. The losses to the 9ners suck but you know they're not going to win anything. Seattle has their number for the immediate future. Somehow I expect the Seahawks to not win anything either.
I wish we did have their number, the only thing we get is the wrong number

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing to Dallas PIZZED me off way worse, and I didn't live in Dallas then.

Why?
Because they were a bunch of thugs on the OL and Defense as well as this:
Sterling Sharpe was better than Michael Irvin, both drafted in the 1987 Draft.
But Sterling, in 1994, career ended to the neck. Not Irvin of course, but Sterling.
These injuries have been pizzing me off now for 20 years. Always us, not our rivals.

Also, we had a championship caliber team all 3 of those years we lost to them.
If not for them alone, we'd have had that little Dynasty Ron Wolf thought he had built.

And also this: We always had to play them THERE, never at Lambeau.

I hated their coach.
Hated Irvin.
Hated their whole DL and OL.
Hated Alvin Harper.

Nothing against Emmitt Smith, but he and half that team were a gift from Minnesota in the Herschel Walker Robbery.
Without that, Dallas would have just been a good team.

The losses to the Niners hurt, but we have recently tasted the Super Bowl, and that lasts awhile at least..... but I do hate the Niners right now because THEY HAVE BEEN SO LUCKY with INJURIES, while we are the OPPOSITE.
Reverse those, and they're not winning any playoff games, and we're in 1 or 2 or 3 more Super Bowls since 2010. THAT is how lucky they have been.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
woah, sorry paratrooper i didnt know you were a closet niner fan. you honestly dont think they are arrogant and dirty players? its funny i dont recall one single chop "block" to the niners knees. please reference the injuries to neal and mulumba.

Yes, genius. I'm a secret squirrely "closet" 49ers fan with a 49ers avatar.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that some of you need to think about our record against the 49ers:

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/p...86166/packers-vs-49ers-preview-series-history
The series then went on hold until after the 1995 season. While the Cowboys and 49ers were seen as the two top teams in the NFC, the Packers were an afterthought, even in the postseason that year when Green Bay went to San Francisco. Surprise was in store for everyone, however, as the Packers left San Francisco with a 27-17 victory in the Divisional Playoffs, in a game that wasn't even as close as the final score would suggest.

Including playoffs, the Packers would win 13 of 14 games over the 49ers from 1995-2010. The games occurred every year, up until 2003 when the Packers defeated the 49ers 20-10 in Lambeau Field. Three years later, in 2006, the Packers went into San Francisco and again beat the 49ers 30-19.
We have DOMINATED the 49ers in recent history, both during the regular season and the playoffs. They rattle off a couple of wins and you all act like it's the end of the world and they are our arch enemy? This same thread occurred last season and all of you named the Giants our dreaded foe.

The 49ers owed us some payback, and here it is. That's sports folks

OP
OP
P

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They rattled off more than a couple wins. 4 wins. I think what's really bad is that we spent the ENTIRE offseason preparing for the 9ers, and then we end up getting 2 shots at them this season, and we lost both times. All that preparation and we still can't beat them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll state this for the younger fans. Sports goes in streaks. We beat up on the Bears for a stretch. They beat up on us. The 49ers beat up on us during the 80s, we took it to them for two decades, and now the pendulum has swung again. This is how sports work. You don't have to like it, but you might as well get used to it. I have a feeling that I'll still be here, enjoying the Packers long after some of you suffered strokes and heart attacks (although I truly hope not).

EWright21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Niners have many key contracts expiring so the team will be much different next season. Although their contracts don't expire until after the 2014 season, word around the campfire is that Kaepernick, Aldon and Crabtree will be addressed this offseason. Many players will not be back because of the size of those three deals.
2014 Unrestricted Free Agents
Anquan Boldin
Tramaine Brock
Tarell Brown
Perrish Cox
Anthony Dixon
Demarcus Dobbs
Jonathan Goodwin
Parys Haralson
Mario Manningham
Justin Smith
Will Tukuafu
Donte Whitner
Kyle Williams

2015 Unrestricted Free Agents
C.J. Spillman
Aldon Smith
Bruce Miller
Colin Kaepernick
Kendall Hunter
Frank Gore
Anthony Davis
Chris Culliver
Michael Crabtree
Mike Iupati

Ness

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Niners have many key contracts expiring so the team will be much different next season. Although their contracts don't expire until after the 2014 season, word around the campfire is that Kaepernick, Aldon and Crabtree will be addressed this offseason. Many players will not be back because of the size of those three deals.
2014 Unrestricted Free Agents
Anquan Boldin
Tramaine Brock
Tarell Brown
Perrish Cox
Anthony Dixon
Demarcus Dobbs
Jonathan Goodwin
Parys Haralson
Mario Manningham
Justin Smith
Will Tukuafu
Donte Whitner
Kyle Williams

2015 Unrestricted Free Agents
C.J. Spillman
Aldon Smith
Bruce Miller
Colin Kaepernick
Kendall Hunter
Frank Gore
Anthony Davis
Chris Culliver
Michael Crabtree
Mike Iupati

It's going to be tough to keep our key players. Kaepernick, Iupati, Crabtree, and Aldon Smith won't be able to stay with the team together. If we're lucky we can keep three. I'm guessing Iupati is the odd man out. I hope we can bring Boldin back, but I know he'll probably want some good coin after the season he had. Tarrell Brown is probably going to walk for someone that overpays. I also hope we bring Whitner back. He's a leader and has had a turnaround season.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
It's not like they pummeled us, guys. The game was close. Last two meetings were decided by a total of nine points.

I would resist the urge to make too much of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts