What's with Rodgers and the INTs?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So correction from my previous post...

Rodgers says the one interception by their goal line was because Greg didn't turn his head around early enough to find the ball.. Either way.. not predictable. IMO a bad play call for that spot on the field though, the defender has no reason to really be facing away from the QB at that spot on the field.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the lack of running game is what's doing it, like someone said before the defenses are lining up in nickel or dime packages with 5 DB's on the field almost every play. If that is the case Rodgers will throw alot more picks this season. However, if the Packers could find a running game it is a simple concept: more guys in the box, less DB's more options. But I also think that the team may be unfocused or something is not clicking. Either way it is only week 4 and the world is not ending. Either way Rodgers will turn it around, I give it a few more weeks before everything starts to get going. I don't think we should be worried right now.

Only reason he didn't put up another 2 td's yesterday is because defense couldn't get off the field. I look at it this way: we lost by penalties against the Bears, won by penalties against the Lions. Fair trade, figure out the mistakes and move on for MM and the coaching staff or it will be a long stressful year. But honestly looking at the league I have never seen a more balanced season, no one looks like a clear cut home run winner in the top 12 teams.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they still together? I thought they broke up. I'm not really up to date on the new groups. I'm old school. More into The Who, Rolling Stones, Huey Lewis and the News, etc.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk.. it seems like Rodgers is trying to force alot of throw this year, especially in comparison to last year.

I remember when Favre was our QB, he would have those 2 or 3 throws per game, that clearly should have been intercepted. That NEVER happened to Rodgers last year, he rarely made a dangerous throw. If there was a defender around his receiver, you weren't getting the ball. This year, it seems to have switched. Every game so far its like 2 or 3 of his passes have been dropped by the opposing teams secondary, and should have been picked off.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I read somewhere (wish I'd jot down these little things when I read them, so I'd know what source to quote) that Rodgers said this year the coaches are giving him more of a free hand to "take chances" on throws he previously wouldn't have thrown. The theory is to take a gamble from time to time and try to get a big gain from the YAC.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that but why the hell would you take a gamble like that in a close game? That's not the time to gamble. When you're up by 17+ in the 2nd half, sure. But why take a risk on a questionable throw that could cost you the game?

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I get that but why the hell would you take a gamble like that in a close game? That's not the time to gamble. When you're up by 17+ in the 2nd half, sure. But why take a risk on a questionable throw that could cost you the game?

I almost fear asking the question; "Could it be because his predecessor did?"

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, those throws are not rodgers. id ned to look at it again but i cant see any other reason for the first int than it slipping or jennings running too far. the second he couldnt have done anything about because greg just didnt come down with it

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hate when there's excuses for ints, and I'm so glad Rodgers isn't making them.

They're bad decisions, 99% of the time. The first TD, the ball was pinpointed, as pinpointed as I've EVER seen, between two defenders, and into the hands of Finley. That ball was impossible to make, yet Rodgers made it. Because he was fully focused, he was on a roll.

The pass to Jennings, the first pick, he was sloppy. He knows that. The ball should've been higher, Jennings was ahead of the defender, it was a TD if the ball was placed perfectly.

I'm asking for semi-perfection from Rodgers. Am I asking too much? No. He can do it. And he knows it.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first was a bad throw, inside Lion territory Jennings ran a slant CB had inside leverage and instead of breaking back to the sidelines where it might be complete AR threw it inside and the cb picked it. The second was a jump ball that the DB won.

Only the 1st one bothered me the 2nd is football
Pack88

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jennings said he would have had that 2nd one if he did not come down and land awkwardly on the DB.. It was a good throw, one that Jennings almost always wins.

Cali Packer 14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, INTs happen. Not to say that I expect them and am ok when they do happen, because I'm not. It's all about how you respond to INTs and as long as they don't occur in the redzone. The first pick was a bad decision on Aaron's part, I agree, but he rebounded nicely. The second was a ball that Greg will catch 9 times out of 10. As someone mentioned earlier, we have been virtually one dimentional all season long. I agree excusses are BS, which is why Aaron never makes any. He rebounds nicely, he doesn't turn the ball over in the redzone, and he never makes excusses. I say we cut the guy some slack when he throws a pick or two in a win, even though it was only a 2 point win against the Lions at home. Just an FYI, the Lions are no sloutch even though they are 0-4.

As far as Aaron being predictable, really??? How do you figure? Is the offense as a whole predicable? Sure, we have no running game right now. But as far as Aaron goes, he doesn't throw the ball to just Jennings, he doesn't throw the ball to just Donald, He doesn't throw the ball to just JerMike, he gets Jordy and JJ involved, he takes shots down field, and he checks down when he needs to. Aaron is a great QB and Packer fans should be thrilled he wears green and gold.

Go PACK Go!

Staff online

Latest posts