What's with Rodgers and the INTs?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was working today so I didn't get a chance to see the game, but what were Rodgers' ints like? Just bad passes or did they bounce of recievers hands? It is just so unlike him. He only threw 7 INts all of last year, but we've played 4 games his year and has alreay thrown 5(granted the one hail mary against the Bears doesn't really count).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
one was a high toss Greg jumped and had it should have had it, but allowed the defender to take it away

Cant recall the the other one right now?

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like he's pressing a bit, trying to make up for a lack of running game.

JRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's called football. The offense bemoans the int's the defense celebrates them. It's called football. It is part of the game. Rodgers is a very good QB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the whole team is just sloppy. Every int has a motive, an excuse, but in the end you can't throw them no matter what.

If Rodgers was fully focused, he wouldn't have thrown them.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
One was a pick just outside the Red zone when Jennings didn't come back to the ball it appears by Rodgers reaction. Another was a ball taken away from Jennings while he and the defender were jumping for the ball.

Rodgers is trying to make plays since we are kind of one dimensional now. I expect the INTs to be higher this year simply because the defense has more guys in coverage because of that.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the whole team is just sloppy. Every int has a motive, an excuse, but in the end you can't throw them no matter what.

If Rodgers was fully focused, he wouldn't have thrown them.

There is a certain amount of trust that a QB has to have in his WR and TE to be a part of an elite offense. Jennings wasnt were he was supposed to be (route running) and didnt fight for the ball when he had to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok 1st one was the back shoulder type throw right?

Not so sure i put that all on Jennings...It does look like Jennings was out of position from where Rodgers threw it, but one doesnt really know

But up until that point I think Rodgers only had ONE incomplete and had a perfect passer rating?

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's called football. The offense bemoans the int's the defense celebrates them. It's called football. It is part of the game. Rodgers is a very good QB.

I think I read that book.

TITLE: "It's Called Football"
by JRS
copyright 2010

The offense bemoans the int's the defense celebrates them. It's called football. It is part of the game.

I could go on but I don't want to give away the ending. Besides a lot of people are waiting for the movie to come out.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok 1st one was the back shoulder type throw right?

Not so sure i put that all on Jennings...It does look like Jennings was out of position from where Rodgers threw it, but one doesnt really know

But up until that point I think Rodgers only had ONE incomplete and had a perfect passer rating?

With Rogers reaction and where the ball was placed it appeared to me that Jennings ran the wrong route.

Maybe M3 or Rodgers will clear it up on the press conference

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. That was the announcers take on Rodgers reaction. I think it was a poor throw and AR was reacting with disgust at himself.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
everyone playing nickel and dime against us cause they know we cant run. Rodgbers trying to fit into too small of windows, overconfidence, It will all work itself out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first was IMHO a poor, underthrow.
The second one was a throw into quadruple coverage, but the DB did make a play.

Before, in the Bears game, a meaningless, Hail Marry throw

And at Philly, one slip out of his hand, and the other he threw to Finley into triple coverage, the ball was tipped and int'ed.

Really, you can make a case for everyone, but an INT is a bad decision, unless the receiver doesn't make the brake he's supposed to make, or he slips. Even balls that hit the receivers and are tipped are bad passes, even if the WR has to catch the ball.

Rodgers knows better than that, he will improve. The whole team needs to focus better, quite simply.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's becoming painfully obvious that this team is not a legitimate Super Bowl contender. To struggle against a Tabby Cats team that hasn't won in Wisconsin in nearly twenty years just underscores this fact. Detroit isn't just a bad team, they're a wretched team, the kind of team a real contender demolishes. The lack of a real running game is rapidly becoming a millstone around Rodgers neck, dragging the team toward mediocrity. Murphy needs to tell Thompson to make a trade for a real running back now!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's becoming painfully obvious that this team is not a legitimate Super Bowl contender. To struggle against a Tabby Cats team that hasn't won in Wisconsin in nearly twenty years just underscores this fact. Detroit isn't just a bad team, they're a wretched team, the kind of team a real contender demolishes. The lack of a real running game is rapidly becoming a millstone around Rodgers neck, dragging the team toward mediocrity. Murphy needs to tell Thompson to make a trade for a real running back now!

The Lions are a better team than the Bears are. If the Bears hadn't taken out Matt Stafford and got a call from the Obama at the end of the game to tell the officials that that wasn't a catch I think the Lions could easily be 4-0 beating us today and the Bears should be 1-3 instead of 3-1 after tonight's game (9 sacks already by the Giants proves my point even more).

Your on Jeopardy.

Answer: The Most Corrupt City in the USA!

Question: What is Chicago?

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Saints lost to the Buccanears at the end of last season. They went on to win the Super Bowl.

Yes, it does worry me a little bit that the Pack only won by 2 points but looking back on the Lions other games they came dam close to completeing comebacks against the Bears and Eagles too. So perhaps it is more the Lions than the Pack.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack lost to a winless Indy team in 96? glad no forums then, would have everyone jumping off bridges

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man the ints come from no threat in he run game the sat back on us all game and let kuhn hlbjax have those 5-8 yard runs. Our rn game have no threat to hit the home run or out run anyone.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How so? what is predictable?

lol what? How does a QB become predictable? Pocket QB or non???
My take on it:
As someone else pointed out here on this thread, A-Rod may be throwing the ball more since it seems that the Pack doesn't have much of a running game right now.
So opposing D-fences would have a better idea of what to expect and how to play against the Pack.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both interceptions today have nothing to do with being predictable.. One was stolen from Jennings, the other was just a bad throw. That ball had no business being where it was.

Members online

Latest posts