Whats with all the pessmistic attitude?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geesh I came on this forum thinking we are 6-1 and one of the best teams in league, now after reading peoples posts i am under the impression we are 1-6

People we arnt the Patriots, we never will be!

We should be thanking god we are 6-1 , i mean come on we have a great young wideout core, favre at qb, a solid d line, a nice linebacking core,

AND THE BEST CORNER DUO IN THE LEAGUE! Someone prove me wrong on that please.

Were 6-1 be happy and keep cheering, no one is perfect.
Were playing some pretty darn good football and im loving watching this team.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense, brennan, but I've seen you in the game day chat. You have some pretty pessimistic tendancies yourself. At times I think you're going to jump from the nearest tall building. It's all good though buddy...GO PACK, GO!!!!!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If someone would have told me on Monday morning that:

Favre would complete 78% of his passes for 331 yards and 2 TD's

Ryan Grant would rush for 104 yards on 22 carries.

We would have no offensive turnovers.

... I would have thought that we would have crushed the Broncos.

I think that is why some of us are weary. I know this team is will never be perfect, but like any fan, I am always hoping for improvement. We could easily be 7-0 if we didn't eff up that Bears game.

GO PACK GO!!! Home field advantage in playoff!!!

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geesh I came on this forum thinking we are 6-1 and one of the best teams in league, now after reading peoples posts i am under the impression we are 1-6

We should be thanking god we are 6-1 , i mean come on we have a great young wideout core, favre at qb, a solid d line, a nice linebacking core,

Patriots won by 45 last week. We only won by 6.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im with yah miller time, but thats the nfl i mean just think if cutler goes left instead of up the gut last night we are 5 and 2. This is a game of inches, and I know i get nervous but man 6-1 feels f***in great. I couldnt be happier

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Patriots won by 45 last week. We only won by 6.

Both are the same result.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am amazed we are 6-1. Seems like we keep finding a way to pull another win out each week, and it feels fantastic !!!

You are right about the negativity though and I am one of them, not really sure why because this is the youngest team in the NFL and we are winning, we should be ecstatic.

Maybe a few of us feel ( wrong or right ) that the bottom might fall out and we will stop finding ways to win, I don't know. You are right though, we should be enjoying the ride right now because you never know when it's all over.

6-1 Baby !!!

GO PACK GO !!!

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I never thought 6-1 was even a possibility, so for that I'm extremely excited.

(Now here come's the but...)

I kinda feel like the 2007 Packers are the 2001 Bears.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I never thought 6-1 was even a possibility, so for that I'm extremely excited.

(Now here come's the but...)

I kinda feel like the 2007 Packers are the 2001 Bears.

you can compare us to whoever you want as long as we keep winning

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Where is the pessimism? Is there anybody here saying that the Packers are going to collapse and miss the playoffs? Is there anybody here saying the Packers are anything less than legitimate contenders for the NFC championship?

If fans are less happy than one would expect with a 6-1 record, it's because only one of those games was won by more than 7 points (at New York), and even in that one, the Packers trailed at the half. And this is a team with some weaknesses, particularly the running game. So maybe a lot of us are still not sure just how good this team is, but I wouldn't say we are pessimistic.

If you want to see pessimism, you should check out some of the threads from before the season began. Most of those people have either disappeared or changed their tune since then.

Members online