What's up with ESPN analysts?

G0dLivesInGreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have the Packers ranked 28th on their Power Rankings. Are you kidding me bro?

The Packers are not worse than the Browns, Texans, Titans, and espically the the Lions. I'm listening to some of the ESPN podcasts and they are picking GB to finish last in the division. They are slamming GB all the over place.

Look ESPN, the Packers are a good team. We had a pretty good game in Cinny. We were moving the ball and had two big turnovers that killed the MO. We can move the ball if we limit the TO. We scored on the first drive against Tenn.

We have Farve, top 10 in the league. Top 2 in the NFC central with Brad Johnson. Grossman and McCown are not better.
There is Ahman Green, if healthy, is still an awesome RB. We have Driver and Jennings and Franks. We have Harris, Woodson, Pickett, and Kampman.

Either ESPN or me will eat crow when it's all done, but I believe the guys at ESPN really don't understand football.

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let everyone doubt us. Every year there is a surprise team. Who is to say that it wont be us. they will never see us coming. How many games did we lose by 4 or less.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also had the CHI bears finishing last, last year. This is looking good. I think the reason why we've dropped so low is that regardless of our few weapons, they've seen our OL and the zone blocking skills.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
You all said the same thing last year when they predicted us 8-8 and the Pack ended up worse!

Yeah, I hate to break itto you but its not just ESPN. In fact the only place you see anyone making a prediction of 7-9 or over is on this forum, which is expected.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sporting News had the Pack at 7-9 and finishing 2nd in the divsion to the Bears.

With that said, this doesn't matter. Last year Chicago was going 4-12. The Jets were making a Super Bowl run. The Lions and Cardinals were breakout teams.

Predictions are just something for people to look at. Don't buy into predictions. Nobody can see the future. Green Bay will determine their future. Not ESPN or Sporting news.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think we had a pretty good game in Cincy? If you thought that was good, I'd hate to see what constitutes a bad game in your books. I really can't argue with anyone picking us to finish last based on how young our team is and how bad we often looked in the preseason. The only saving grace is that, other than Miami and New England, we don't really play an upper echelon team this year (maybe Seattle too).

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:
They have the Packers ranked 28th on their Power Rankings. Are you kidding me bro?

The Packers are not worse than the Browns, Texans, Titans, and espically the the Lions. I'm listening to some of the ESPN podcasts and they are picking GB to finish last in the division. They are slamming GB all the over place.

Look ESPN, the Packers are a good team. We had a pretty good game in Cinny. We were moving the ball and had two big turnovers that killed the MO. We can move the ball if we limit the TO. We scored on the first drive against Tenn.

We have Farve, top 10 in the league. Top 2 in the NFC central with Brad Johnson. Grossman and McCown are not better.
There is Ahman Green, if healthy, is still an awesome RB. We have Driver and Jennings and Franks. We have Harris, Woodson, Pickett, and Kampman.

Either ESPN or me will eat crow when it's all done, but I believe the guys at ESPN really don't understand football.

yeah, im not a guy who listens to what ESPN has to say about my team. But im not kidding you bro, I dont think right now the packers could go and beat the " Browns, Lions, or the Titans for sure. And people are talking about us being the surprise team. Well they are a close to last place team as far as im concerned(although thats not where i want them) until they prove otherwise.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions will be much better with Martz running that offense and henderson the defense. They are my pick to win central. I pick the Pack to be third behind them and Bears and ahead of Vikings. I would place us between 25 and 20 in team rankings. Offense line interior killed us last year and I don't see a lot of improvement.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have any of you seen this team play? Have you been watching the preseason? What have you seen that might indicate that this team can win more than four games? I know we have Favre and Driver and Jennings looks good, but how is he going to get the ball to them when no one on that line can block anyone? Did any of you see the #1 defense play? Woodson couldn't cover a wall if he was paint, and his backup is Carroll The linebackers don't know enough to stay in their lanes, and haven't shown that they can get off of blocks. I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but I'm telling you I haven't seen anything in this team to think we have a chance at .500.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woody Paige said Green Bay will be 9-7 and bying for a playoff berth, where as Skip Bayless said we would be 3-13.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
Woody Paige said Green Bay will be 9-7 and bying for a playoff berth, where as Skip Bayless said we would be 3-13.

i seen that. they also discussed favres latest 'words'

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i still dont think we saw what ahaman green can do in the preseason.
i think his real test will be sunday.

if hes good and whe rest of the team dose not make mistakes im sure we can make the playoffs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh is it, i just did a google search.

damn you, google. DAMN YOU!

i seen another one, lemme go find it ( im sure it was like...2002 ! )

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:

Well, I think they're both idiots in general and their predictions do nothing to change that impression.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah thats right, earlier, woody paige, 9-7. there ya go. i win again!

(****in google...!)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Si I've heard 3-13, 4-12, 7-9 8-8, and 9-7. Goes to show no one has a freakin clue and with injuries and other variables goes to show there's a reason we play a season. Now let's get it on!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts