What's the biggest need right now, and why?

PackerSlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SPECIAL TEAMS!! We need that explosive returner and a punter that can change the game strictly on field position. You never appreciate how important those two positions are until your special teams are ranked dead last in the league. Yet we still made the playoffs. Think of how good we could be if those two areas were shored up.

Adding players like Shields and Gore will help the return game on its own with all the speed and their self professed "love" of special teams. A couple guys like that could make a huge difference. Desmond Howard was great that Superbowl year but we also had one of the best blocking teams in front of him. Its no wonder he did nothing after that year. The Raiders probably didnt have nearly the special teams group we had when Howard went there.

RottenCheese111

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good grief i wish the bears only needed a punter.

if i were yall i would want even more protection for mr. rodgers. can never have enough. With Peppers coming at him trying to rip his head off yall will need it

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score

if i were yall i would want even more protection for mr. rodgers. can never have enough. With Peppers coming at him trying to rip his head off yall will need it

I'm honestly not that worried about Peppers seeing as how he is on the Bears. They have an awful track record of bringing in high profile FA's and them doing nothing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A Bears fan!!!!

Shhh, don't scare him away ;)

Just messing with ya, welcome to the forum!

Interesting you talking about Peppers. Here's a picture of when he signed, with a transcript of his thoughts:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Oh Yeah! Finally got my paycheck! Now I don't need to play till 2016!"

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point our biggest need isn't a new CB, OLB, coach or specific scheme. Rather we need guys to step up at a high level and prove why they deserve to be Packers. Pat Lee should compete for a starting job, Brad Jones should make the leap from a year 1 surprise to a sophomore superstar, Colledge to justify why he should get paid, etc. etc. What we really need is a combination of determination, confidence and swagger from our players. THAT is our biggest need.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point our biggest need isn't a new CB, OLB, coach or specific scheme. Rather we need guys to step up at a high level and prove why they deserve to be Packers. Pat Lee should compete for a starting job, Brad Jones should make the leap from a year 1 surprise to a sophomore superstar, Colledge to justify why he should get paid, etc. etc. What we really need is a combination of determination, confidence and swagger from our players. THAT is our biggest need.
i agree 100%.. i cannot emphasize the SWAGGER part enough its what i feel we need the most

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense had swagger last year until they got punched in the mouth by the Vikings.Twice.

It almost felt like we handcuffed our D during these games due to worrying about "you know who " lighting them up. He still did, and did so 2 times.

This seemed to carry over into almost all big game situations, including the early parts of our playoff loss. Once we had our backs against the wall, its like Capers cut those guys loose.

I say give the linebackers the authority to sellout one way or the other, and see what happens. Think Ravens D. We have the frontline to let our LBs get through and make plays, and the Dbs to make the coverages. Why we dont mix it up past our basic bland base package 75% of the time is beyond me, unless the players are just not smart enough to make the reads during the presnap.

ALl this to say... we can HAVE swagger, we have lots of talent on that side of the ball, but its not getting younger. We need to follow through on what we were told LAST off-season. Show exotic blitzes, send the whole box, have the OC and QB nervous to play us. Dont let them get into a rhythm and then try to throw obvious blitzes in obvious situations, like we saw much of last season.

Mix it up and let these guys play.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DTown,

In theory I LOVE your idea. In reality there's a problem. I don't know that Barnett can play a Ray Lewis type linebacker spot. Yes he's a step quicker than Lewis (Even coming off an ACL) but I'd say he's 10-15 pounds smaller. Seriously, who here REALLY believes Barnett weighs 235? I'd say 225 maybe...and that's only if he had a hotdog eating contest with Raji prior to the game. We need another guy closer to Hawk's size inside for this idea to completely work, otherwise we're gonna have running backs trucking down our throat.

Now if your plan is to kill Nick Barnett then it's a sold plan...no flaws.

Members online

Latest posts