Whats happening to the NFL??

Onofr1o

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
i think your misunderstanding the rules..

A defensive player on the ground may no longer lunge or dive at the quarterback's lower legs
I think its stupid, cuz the guy can still tackle q/b low just has to be from a standing position...this it to protect the highest paid player on each team (or one of THE highest paid) owners are trying to protect their investments

MIKE GOLIC said it best. "So if im on the ground, instead of using my arms to tackle the quarterback, i have to get up and then attempt to tackle him again.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
A player's out-stretched arms arrive quicker than the crown of his helmet. If he was trying to disrupt the play his hands would have been more effective. Pollard chose the crown of his helmet & the most critical point of a QB's leg to be the point of impact. These are the best athletes in the world who have tremendous control over what they do with their bodies on the football field. Pollard knew exactly what the consequences were of attacking Brady in such a manner. Don't be naive.

I see the Bengal O-lineman releasing the Steeler DT outward, not into Palmer. The defenders path to the QB is not altered enough by the O-lineman, IMO, to be defined as being "blocked into the QB". The O-lineman would have to be behind the defender, not off to the side of him. The o-lineman is off to the left side of Palmer & facing the same direction as Palmer. He's releasing his grip on the defender to avoid a holding penalty, not pushing or blocking him toward the QB.
did you watch the same video i did? how can you possibly suspect him to shove his helmet on his knee on purpose?.. its not like he pressed his helmet on his knee for a long period of time he merely grased it and it was due to him lounging at him because there was a person on his back.. if you are that low to the ground what other part of his body can you possibly tackle.. as for the hand situation his hands did get there first but he lounged so far forward that it just so happens he hit his helmet on brady's knee.. it happens ALL the time and you would know this if youve played football.. i have played and i have done this a couple times because you really cant judge how far to lounge if there is someone on your back and you cant stop your momentum.. there is a lot of factors you are not taking in when judging the hit as a dirty one.. i think you need to watch the video again

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Onofr1o said:
longtimefan said:
i think your misunderstanding the rules..

A defensive player on the ground may no longer lunge or dive at the quarterback's lower legs
I think its stupid, cuz the guy can still tackle q/b low just has to be from a standing position...this it to protect the highest paid player on each team (or one of THE highest paid) owners are trying to protect their investments

MIKE GOLIC said it best. "So if im on the ground, instead of using my arms to tackle the quarterback, i have to get up and then attempt to tackle him again.

Yup isnt it stupid lol

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like one said here before, it's a contact sport, and with 20 250 pound guys tackling each other in high speed, chances are somebody will get hurt. I understand there need to be some rules to protect the players, but those rules need to ban plays that either intends to hurt the other player, or usually hurts the other player. Like the horse collar play, that hurts 50, 60% of the time. But a play like sacking a qb from the ground, WITH THE HANDS, usually DON'T hurt the qb. You cannot ban a play because 10% of the time it hurts someone. Because ANY tackle at the legs WILL hurt a player 10% of the time...

Members online

Latest posts