• Offense

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Defense

Votes: 27 75.0%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We saw that down the stretch, McCarthy would win the coin toss and defer, putting our top-notch defense on the field to start the game.

Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Jenkins, Fat Pickett, Fat Howard, Woodson, Tramon, Collins, etc.

But we know we got the MVP Rodgers, and except against Chicago, he's usually carving them up.

Obviously both are good. Remember, the defense came thru with the Super Bowl clinching stop against clutch Big Ben, when everyone had a bad feeling they'd score and beat us.

Which unit is better?

Reaction score
Even though my decision came down to a 51-49 decision, I would have to say the offense. We carved up almost every defense with our offense this year. With Grant and Finley coming back, I would have to find a new word in the dictionary to describe our offense. Teams will be more scared of the offense rather than the defense too.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's differences in here.
When both click, the offense is better. This offense can be unstoppable.

But the D is consistantly good, and consistantly a top 3 D.

I feel more confident about our D than our O, but our O can be one of the best EVER if the line and the backs stabilize.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D is very, very good. When our O finally develops a power run game, watch out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think it's offense then go back and watch Aaron Rodgers make a fast defense switch and tackle trip Brian Urlacher after his INT.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Defense wins championships and we have one of the best. Our passing offense may have been better, but the run offense clearly was not, and so, on balance, it would seem that the balance must tip in favor of the defense. One can only imagine how good we can be this year (assuming the league and the players can come together) if we can bring both a rushing and passing game to the gridiron.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a close call. Both were excellent and proved themselves beyond what anyone could of dreamed at the time. But if I had to pick, I'd go with the D. With players like Woodson, Clay, Pickett, Hawk, Jenkins, to name a few, it's hard to go against them. They were more consistent throughout the year. Even if they were having an "off" day, they well still so good it mattered little. With so many players on IR, the fact that they were able to do anything at all, much less when the damn Superbowl is miraculous. I don't think it was all divine intervention, as much as sheer determination, force of will, and never once giving up.

The one thing I loved perhaps most about this season, and here I pay compliments to both offense and defense, is that both sides seemed to have each others backs. When one side struggled, the other prevailed. I attribute that as one of the factors that won us the SB. Although I favor the D, I also have much love the offense. But really, it's when you combine the two titanic forces together, that you get a team. The Superbowl Champions, the Green Bay Packers.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just based on this last season, Defense. Our offense was great, but our D was just playing out of their minds this year. How many games did we need our D to make the game winning stop, and how many times did they come up big? At least 3, in the playoffs alone.

If you wanna take a step back and look at the bigger picture though, our offense has been good for quite a few years. In '08 we had a good offense, but our D sucked. In '09 we had a great offense, and our defense was better, but still not good enough to stop good QB's. This past season our offense was really good as well, but our D just took it to another level. Since we have yet to see our offense really struggle for a whole season with Rodgers at the helm, I'm going to assume they will be even better next year with Finley and Grant back. I wonder though if our d will be able to play as lights out as they did this season.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We needed an all of the above answer in the poll.
haha, lol.
nope, that would have been too easy!

kitten, and youforgotpoland, good analysis'..... now think about this: all that is true. but imagine this: imagine our return units actually providing a big play a few games a year.
like a devin hester, josh cribbs, leon washington, desmond howard if you will.

what if teams had to worry about punting to our returner back there, or kick returner?
can you imagine?

that's my only wish for the draft is to get a dangerous pinball wizard for once back there for us.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Close call but I decided that in playoffs Defense beat the Eagles in the 2nd half, Defense beat the Bears in the 4th quarter, Defense secured the Superbowl win. If we get 1st round OLB then it stays Defense next year. If not then with Finley and Grant back, our Offense can score against our vaunted defense as good as they are.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How spoiled/lucky are we!

We got the MVP Aaron Rodgers, who absolutely carved up the Steelers, carved up the Falcons, carved up the Eagles really..... we got the young Starks, didn't even have Jermichael in all that, Jennings and Jordy are still getting better.

And the defense is better!
Winning this vote by a 3-to-1 margin.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I love our offense, I'm going with the defense. Our defense has been consistent all season while the offense struggled at times. But I still think that when both the offense and defense are clicking, this team is unbeatable. Maybe that's just me being biased ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts