Whatever happened to...............Don Majikowski ????

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a darned good QB who was hurt in GB and Brett took over. Magic went to Tennessee I believe and was in the league for a few more years as a back-up

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't he have a shoulder or injury prior to the injury that put Brett in the game and sealed his fate?

Seems he was never as good after the first injury.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Not sure it was a shoulder but was fairly serious and that gave Brett the opportunity to step in and become the best we've had in some time. Magic won the big Bear game on the controversial pass in which the Bears still claim he was past the line of scrimmage when he tossed the winning pass. He was quite the mobile QB.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, who knows. He was never all that good to begin with.

He had one of the better years in Packer history, besides Favre, Starr, and ****ey:

+----------------------+----+-------------------------------+-------------+
| Name | G | CMP ATT PCT YARD Y/A TD IN | RSH YARD TD |
+----------------------+----+-------------------------------+-------------+
| Anthony Dilweg | 1 | 1 1 100.0 7 7.0 0 0 | 0 0 0 |
| Don Majkowski | 16 | 353 599 58.9 4318 7.2 27 20 | 75 358 5 |

Impressive numbers and fun to watch. #1 in Fantasy Football among QBs in '89. One of the more mobile QBs too. Injuries ruined his career. Favre was what ended his career in GB. Played for two more teams before finally retiring.

Member of the Packer Hall of Fame. I wouldn't say he wasn't good. He's more a could have been if not been injured.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Majik man banged his shoulder up in game with Phoenix Cardinals in 1990. it was thought to be a minor injury but was found to be a torn rotator Cuff injury which was surgically repaired.

He also had a injury in 1991 during a game with Lions in the second game of the season and played in only nine games that season. He shared time with Mike Tomczak at QB in 1991

Don was starting QB with the Packers in 1992, but his tore his ankle ligaments against the Bengals in the third game of the season. Favre came in relief of Don and engineered comback victory over the Bengals on 9/27/92. From then on, Brett Favre has been the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers. Majkowski was no longer on roster in 1993. I believe ,He was with the Lions for a short time after his time with the Packers.

Don Majkowski was a 10th round draft choice in 1987. In 1989 Don was the Quarterback on Packers 10-6 season which was the best season the packers had since 10-4 season in 1976.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got him to sign a picture i took of him back in 1991 at Fan Fest last year. He was REALLY nice! The guy could throw really good before the injury. He lead the Pack to a 10-6 mark in 89. Just missed the playoffs.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:beersign: One can wonder what would have happened had he not been injured. He certainly was one very fun to watch player and had very good accuracy and I certainly enjoyed watching him during his short stay in GB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:beersign: One can wonder what would have happened had he not been injured. He certainly was one very fun to watch player and had very good accuracy and I certainly enjoyed watching him during his short stay in GB.
He WAS exciting.
He ended up playing for the Lions!
(That shows you how far he had fallen!)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1996, he started a game against the Packers when he was filling in for the injured Scott Michell. As far as I know, that was his last start of his career.

This was his very last year, playing for the Lions:

+----------+--------------------------+----------------+
| WK OPP | CMP ATT PYD TD INT | RSH YD TD |
| 5 tam | 1 1 8 0 0 | 1 -1 0 |
| 9 nyg | 11 28 126 0 2 | 3 19 0 |
| 10 gnb | 15 32 153 1 0 | 5 12 0 |
| 11 sdg | 10 18 110 1 0 | 1 0 0 |
| 12 sea | 18 23 157 1 1 | 4 8 0 |
| TOTAL | 55 102 554 3 3 | 14 38 0 |

I remember kind of rooting for Majik to do well against us. He retired a Packer fan and as PackFanInSC mentioned, he was a writer for Packers.com.

There weren't too many good years since I became a fan in the early 70s until Mr. Favre arrived on the scene. Any player who contributed to a winning season in that time period I have a lot of fondness for.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Zombie! And who can forget the "Instant replay game?" Ditka is STILL mad about that!!! :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts