What would you rather have had happened?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's go back to the 2007 NFC Championship. Would you rather have had us win that game, go on to the Super Bowl i like to poop my pants all day long!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it would have been preferable to win that game.

Did you have to clean your drawers after this years SB win? Then again, never mind.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Losing the NFC Championship to the Giants, there still ain't a doubt in my mind we would have beat the undefeated New England team in the Super Bowl, I never got over that, but I think this year's Super Bowl did make up for it.

I think losing that game a few years ago is what had motivated our guys so much this year. They didn't want that to happen again. They wanted a ring even more than they did in 2007.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Losing the NFC Championship to the Giants, there still ain't a doubt in my mind we would have beat the undefeated New England team in the Super Bowl, I never got over that, but I think this year's Super Bowl did make up for it.

I think losing that game a few years ago is what had motivated our guys so much this year. They didn't want that to happen again. They wanted a ring even more than they did in 2007.

This. ^^^

I was just talking with someone about this year, and we were doing the "what if" thing..."what if" Flynn had been able to pull out a win in NE, "what if" our seeding would have been different, etc.

I'm actually glad they did it the hard way, because I almost think that made them want it more, too. Psychologically, they knew it would take everything they had to do this. Had they been a higher seed, I'm not sure they would have gone into it with the same mentality.

They really proved a lot, taking the most difficult road, and still bringing Vince home.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
[thread jack]

Who likes to rock the party? I like to rock the party!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9azXD_Q7E&feature=related]YouTube - Flight of the Conchords - "Rock The Party"[/ame]

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
That miserable loss made this year's victory SO much sweeter. Here's a pic of me & my kids in NY bar, watching Packers beat the Giants. (12/26/2010) Talk about sweet revenge...booyha!

Attachments

• Packer Fans in NY.jpg
    Packer Fans in NY.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can edit your posts, you know. :smile:

I DID edit it right after, but for some reason it never took.

Anyways, my ORIGINAL post SHOULD have read like this:

Let's go back to the 2007 NFC Championship game. Would you rather of had us WIN that game, go to the SB and whoop Brady and the Pats and Favre retire on the highest note he possibly could. (IMO, I think if Favre would have won the SB in '07 he would not have even thought about coming back for another season, for any team.)

Or, would you rather have it stay as it is now, and give Rodgers and the current team take the trophy.

I, personaly am of two minds on the matter. On one hand, Favre has been my quarterback for pretty much my entire football life (I'm 24, born in '86. Favre took over the Packers in '92.). He was me sports hero growing up, and I still smile when I see my Favre jersey that I got when I was about 12 or so in my closet.

On the other hand, Aaron Rodgers is from my home town of Chico, CA. He is a local hero for the youth here, and really makes us all proud. Also, I feel the SB XLV matchup was a BETTER match up than the possible '07 match up between us and the Pats.

I guess what I am asking is if you HAD to choose, and BOTH is not an option. What would you rather have? The SB Championship then, or now.

As for me? Well...I choose now because I believe everything happens for a reason. Although I was bummed in '07 I am more than over joyed to have won this year!

Also, sorry about the poopy talk earlier. My wife is a jokester like that...always has me on my toes :D

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was their a question? Im confused about my choices.

I have never taken a loss as hard as that one. It hurt. It still hurts. Even the Giants winning the SB didnt make me feel better. I bet cowboy fans took their loss pretty hard too though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok now I understand. umm tough question.

Does saying 2007 make me less of a die hard packers fan? I just never got to see that match up and would have given my first born to see pack pats in 2007. This team will win more titles I feel so yeah 07.

What I wonder is would favre have actually retired? Could we have gotten rid of him if he did the exact same thing? I hate favre fans so much I almost want to change my answer knowing they would be nearly unbearable if favre would have won another SB ring.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too hated seeing all the Favre fans jump ship when he left the Packers, and especially after he arrived in Minnesota. However, the one good thing about that happening is that is weeded out the fake fans from the real fans.

Also, Ivo, no it does not make you less of a die hard fan. If you feel that team was better over all, then that is how you feel. I have about a 60/40 swing going here myself, favoring the Rodgers lead Packers. Although I do feel it would have been nice to see Favre go out with a bang, and still mostly in good standing with all of us.

I personally feel that Favre would have retired if we won in '07. The whole reason I think he said he wanted to come back was because he had SUCH a good year in 2007 and got SO close that he just KNEW he could do it again. It would be like having your wife (or husband) cook you your favorite dinner, naked, and then taking it all away at the last second!

Also, I am just going to throw this out there: If Favre WOULD decide to ever play and again the Packers DID reach out to him I would be ok with him coming back as a back up to Aaron. He deserves to retire as a Packer. Maybe even get one more Super Bowl in after we win it next year!!! Oh, and ofcourse he would have to battle Matt Flynn for the #2 spot.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Favre threw the INT and the gig was over. That's was it, except for the crying.

Fast forward to now and the hero from Chico brought home the bacon. No game ending pics, just accurate throws to the green and gold and we are partying.

In retrospect, it was worth the wait cause there's some more bling coming.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you LAG. I think when all is said and done and Aaron reaches the end of his career he will be better than ol' #4.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too hated seeing all the Favre fans jump ship when he left the Packers, and especially after he arrived in Minnesota. However, the one good thing about that happening is that is weeded out the fake fans from the real fans.

Also, Ivo, no it does not make you less of a die hard fan. If you feel that team was better over all, then that is how you feel. I have about a 60/40 swing going here myself, favoring the Rodgers lead Packers. Although I do feel it would have been nice to see Favre go out with a bang, and still mostly in good standing with all of us.

I personally feel that Favre would have retired if we won in '07. The whole reason I think he said he wanted to come back was because he had SUCH a good year in 2007 and got SO close that he just KNEW he could do it again. It would be like having your wife (or husband) cook you your favorite dinner, naked, and then taking it all away at the last second!

Also, I am just going to throw this out there: If Favre WOULD decide to ever play and again the Packers DID reach out to him I would be ok with him coming back as a back up to Aaron. He deserves to retire as a Packer. Maybe even get one more Super Bowl in after we win it next year!!! Oh, and ofcourse he would have to battle Matt Flynn for the #2 spot.
I couldn't even imagine Favre coming back to be a back up. This needs to be over. Next year or the year after retire his number, throw him a party and lets move on. I was a huge Favre fan and I loved what he did for Green Bay but he did and said things that made me lose a lot of respect for him. They owe it to Rodgers, the rest of the players and the fans to get this out of the way.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'd go along the lines of what Lag said. In '07, if we had won that would have been it, 1 SB win. Farve would have retired for real. Now, with Rodgers we have the potential for more. So I'd have to go with now. Although the loss in 07 was the worst loss in my 30 years as a Packer fan.

Makes me smile to think the Viking fans got to experience what we did in '07 a few years later. Packer fans kept telling em, wait until the big game comes and Farve will F up. And then the Bears get knocked out by GB this year (very similar to how the Giants did it to us in '07). All the smack the Vike/Bear fans were talking after the '07 loss, they got to experience the gut kick themselves. And the Bears was even sweeter cause it was from GB delivering it! Gotta love Karma.

I think the 07' loss gave this team the determination, dedication, and vision to win and avoid the kind of heart breaking experience of the '07 kind of loss again. Similarly how the Lombardi team in 1960 after losing to the Eagles gave them the spark to go on and win 5 Championships after that. I'm hoping this means great things for the Packers. MM had built a team of winners, and the leadership in the locker room, well, I personally think its as good as any in the league and better than most.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'd go along the lines of what Lag said. In '07, if we had won that would have been it, 1 SB win. Farve would have retired for real. Now, with Rodgers we have the potential for more. So I'd have to go with now. Although the loss in 07 was the worst loss in my 30 years as a Packer fan.

Makes me smile to think the Viking fans got to experience what we did in '07 a few years later. Packer fans kept telling em, wait until the big game comes and Farve will F up. And then the Bears get knocked out by GB this year (very similar to how the Giants did it to us in '07). All the smack the Vike/Bear fans were talking after the '07 loss, they got to experience the gut kick themselves. And the Bears was even sweeter cause it was from GB delivering it! Gotta love Karma.

I think the 07' loss gave this team the determination, dedication, and vision to win and avoid the kind of heart breaking experience of the '07 kind of loss again. Similarly how the Lombardi team in 1960 after losing to the Eagles gave them the spark to go on and win 5 Championships after that. I'm hoping this means great things for the Packers. MM had built a team of winners, and the leadership in the locker room, well, I personally think its as good as any in the league and better than most.

when you meet a viking fan you should ask him or her what hurt more, 98 or 09?

Members online

Latest posts