What would you do?

Would you be willing to go through 2-3 lean years to give Brett a legit shot at another title?

• Total voters

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, logic doesnt fly around these parts, porky.

either you do what the poster says or you're trying to tear the team apart with conspiracies and whatnot. sigh.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, logic doesnt fly around these parts, porky.

either you do what the poster says or you're trying to tear the team apart with conspiracies and whatnot. sigh.

And logic sure is not playing a part in various polls ( do the research yourself ) that suggest our team has been one of the "least effective teams" in the off season ( reported through ESPN etc ). Nope, I guess they are all wrong as well.

Look trom, I really wish your bright outlook on this was realistic ( no sarcasim intended ) but more and more reporters and fans are saying " What the hell is going on over in Green Bay". This can't all be ignored as fiction !!!

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I think that is why people appear to not want to play or be in GB. I believe it started when TT came on board.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the general public knows whats going on? I should care what somebody in Minnesota says about GB? Yeah, i'm sure they're gonna click on the "GB is doing great!" option.

Oh, and reporters who don't even live\work in green bay?

ok.

Me,porky, and javon keep stating the facts. If you ignore them, thats on you.

But have fun talking about conspiracies,bluffs, and poker hands.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you missed the 100 or so posts on this website talking about "Gb needs guards" "who is gonna protect Favre" "I can see why he wont come back, he has no protection."

and TTs biggest 'blunder' in this offseason supposedly is lack of guards, but there are none.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
You guys just want awesome FA guards that dont exist.

No, we wanted a GM that would have STATED from the start " We are looking forward to having Brett lead this team, know we can be a major contender next year and will make all the moves that we have to be a contender".

But instead we got a long term rebuilding process that was NOT needed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really, cuz GB said it is not a long term rebuilding process.

who to listen to....GB ...or Winnipeg??? Hmmm....

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy BOTH said they want Brett back and hope he comes back...... but it's his decision.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He could have kept Wahle last year...then he'd have only one guard postion to replace.

Man..you guys have alot of excuses and rationalizations for TT..don't cha?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
excuses? no. I just list the facts, and base my opinion on them.

lets get whale with the money we dont have, thats good though. Didnt whale even said he was overpaid this year? We want to overpay people now? Im glad us fans dont run the damn show, thats for sure. Unless you played some college football, THEN you know how everything works. LOL!@

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy BOTH said they want Brett back and hope he comes back...... but it's his decision.

MM said this right away, listen to TT's first video answer on Brett and you will here what he said, it went something like :

"Will Brett be coming back ? as a player ? " Oh yeah, that was sincere inspiration !!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
He could have kept Wahle last year...then he'd have only one guard postion to replace.

Man..you guys have alot of excuses and rationalizations for TT..don't cha?

He actually did try to resign Wahle after he released him. Wahle was due a huge roster bonus as was Shaper. That's why there cut. Carolina offerd WAhle a lot more money and he chose to go there. Green Bay didn't have the money to retain Wahle last year. Thanks to the mess Mike Sherman did as a GM.

As for the excuses.. Yeah stating that TT and MM both said they want FAvre back and stating TT doesn't have 4 or 5 years to trash the Pack and build a team are all excuses.. Last I looked those excuses are true. :roll:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:

MM said this right away, listen to TT's first video answer on Brett and you will here what he said, it went something like :

"Will Brett be coming back ? as a player ? " Oh yeah, that was sincere inspiration !!

Thompson stated to the Green Bay I believe it was Fox 11 that he hopes Favre comes back but it's Favre decision..

What else would like him to add?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

lets get whale with the money we dont have, thats good though. Didnt whale even said he was overpaid this year? We want to overpay people now? Im glad us fans dont run the damn show, thats for sure. Unless you played some college football, THEN you know how everything works. LOL!@

Like I said before trom, I never played it but I did manage and I have seen more motivatinal leadership skills in the bush leauges then I am seeing with TT.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:

Like I said before trom, I never played it but I did manage and I have seen more motivatinal leadership skills in the bush leauges then I am seeing with TT.

Motivation? he's the GM. Not the HC. Who do you want? Jesse Jackson, getting people pumped up now?

Now TT is lacking because he's not a motivational leader? Now you're reaching. SAying he wants favre, and keeping in contact with him should be good enough.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:

Thompson stated to the Green Bay I believe it was Fox 11 that he hopes Favre comes back but it's Favre decision..

Your right porky, but that was only after the probable public relation nightmare TT got after how he handled questions about Brett when he first started. I am sure there is still a link to these press conference videos at the Green Bay Packers site ( if you have not seen them, they are worth a look ) Cheers !!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah McCarthy hopefully can inspire the players. I'm not sure. From what I read he's a NO BS coach. Sherman wasn't much of a motavator.... I still would of rathered of had Jim Bates (who was the best coach on our team last year) as our head coach but I'm willing to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt as a fan. We'll get a good look at McCarthy and his motavation techniques when trading camp opens.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is that your THEORY, winnipeg?

now TT isnt being judged on what he does, but WHY he does them?

reeeeeeeeeeeeaching......

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
porky88 said:

Your right porky, but that was only after the probable public relation nightmare TT got after how he handled questions about Brett when he first started. I am sure there is still a link to these press conference videos at the Green Bay Packers site ( if you have not seen them, they are worth a look ) Cheers !!!

I watched them. Living in Green Bay allows me to see all kinds of these things. If you look at every conference Thompson is in you can tell he's not a very well outspoken guy. He never looks comfortable out there. So I wouldn't expect much enthusiasm whenever he says something. In fact he comes off very dull to me with his personality but that can't be why you judge him as a GM.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off Topic: "Your a lucky man to be living in Green bay porky".

On Topic: You could be right about not judging him this way but I guarantee you Brett is still judging his decisions and we have to ask ourselves why he feels the need to ?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well hopefully Favre comes back. I think the longer this goes the more I think he wants to come back and I think he may. The signing of Woodson would definately get his attention. I'm sure Brett is glad to have Hendo and Green back and I'm sure he was thrilled to see Bubba get a 7 yr extension last year.

I'm not sure what Favre is waiting for. Nobody knows but Favre and the ones close to him. It's a really tough decision for him... and I think that is more to factor in than Favre wanting more Free Agents...

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Well hopefully Favre comes back. I think the longer this goes the more I think he wants to come back and I think he may. The signing of Woodson would definately get his attention. I'm sure Brett is glad to have Hendo and Green back and I'm sure he was thrilled to see Bubba get a 7 yr extension last year.

I'm not sure what Favre is waiting for. Nobody knows but Favre and the ones close to him. It's a really tough decision for him... and I think that is more to factor in than Favre wanting more Free Agents...

Agree on the above porky !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts