What would you do?

Would you be willing to go through 2-3 lean years to give Brett a legit shot at another title?

• Total voters
OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As clarification, I'm implying putting all our eggs in this years basket and suffering in subsequent years.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you are a good GM you can do both hoos.

Build a team around Favre AND build for the future. You don't have to take the extreme approach that TT is taking.

What he is doing is tearing apart the team so they suck 2-3 years in the HOPE that that are better down the line..there are no guarantees!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tearing apart a team?

I guess resigning Green,Davenport,Kampman,etc and bringing in a Pickett,Manual,Boerichter,etc is tearing apart a team in your twisted mindbut when you resign half your players how is this so?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Tearing apart a team?

I guess resigning Green,Davenport,Kampman,etc and bringing in a Pickett,Manual,Boerichter,etc is tearing apart a team in your twisted mindbut when you resign half your players how is this so?

Yep. and re-signing Willie! Big willie!

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:

Build a team around Favre AND build for the future. You don't have to take the extreme approach that TT is taking.

What he is doing is tearing apart the team so they suck 2-3 years in the HOPE that that are better down the line..there are no guarantees!

No, I agree, you can do both. I was simply putting out the hypothetical of spending big to get a lot of bigger name guys, even if it meant putting a hurt on your long term cap.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
I think it's more of how TT is going about it that concerns some people.

TT going this calm pace would not upset most of you if Brett wasn't pondering his retirement. If Brett said "yeah im coming back in 2006!" after the seattle game, then TTs pace wouldnt upset as many.

But now Brett is putting the pressure on TT? That's fair. I just wish he'd man up and either come back, or say "**** you, ted, i'm out of here."

COME BACK, BRETT!

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and Ted doesn't have the balls to show his hand and say what he's up to.

He wants Favre out...but he doesn't have the stones to say so. I say if Favre pressures him on it, then it's up to TT to make a decision.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
krd005 said:

TT going this calm pace would not upset most of you if Brett wasn't pondering his retirement. If Brett said "yeah im coming back in 2006!" after the seattle game, then TTs pace wouldnt upset as many.

But now Brett is putting the pressure on TT? That's fair. I just wish he'd man up and either come back, or say "**** you, ted, i'm out of here."

COME BACK, BRETT!

CALM PACE!!!!!
How about no pace!
The reality is, Teddy has done nothing to improve the Green Bay Packers. At this point in time I might add.
You get what you pay for and he has paid nothing yet.

Brett is putting no pressure on Teddy, Teddy is the boss. Some bosses just don't know how to be the boss.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
and Ted doesn't have the balls to show his hand and say what he's up to.

He wants Favre out...but he doesn't have the stones to say so. I say if Favre pressures him on it, then it's up to TT to make a decision.

And I agree, if TT does not really want Brett, have the stones to say !!!

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would he have gotten??????????????????

HE DOESN'T LIKE SPENDING $$$$ ON FA'S - Brese???????May never be what he was following the injury.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
tromadz said:
krd005 said:

COME BACK, BRETT!

CALM PACE!!!!!
How about no pace!
The reality is, Teddy has done nothing to improve the Green Bay Packers. At this point in time I might add.
You get what you pay for and he has paid nothing yet.

Brett is putting no pressure on Teddy, Teddy is the boss. Some bosses just don't know how to be the boss.

Exactly yooperfan !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no pace. so he's signed nobody? he's signed people, your logic is faulty, and no. no. just no.

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can do both IMHO. I think we have the basis of a good team , we certainly were not a 4 - 12 team. We have re-signed some key players, discovered a possible diamond in Gado. Upgraded through FA not with big NAMES that break the bank but solid football players AND there will be a few more before the season. We have the 5 th pick in the draft AND the draft looks quite deep this year so we should get a couple of decent picks there. The new offensive scheme will improve the running game and take the pressure off the QB so it aint all doom & gloom folks.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one of the most important hires and fires was the weight room assistant. get us some free weights, maybe stay healthy

a team of healthy decent players is better than a team of hurt all-pros.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:

You took the words out of my mouth D.Levens !!!!!!

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I find it very curious that he hasn't done much at the WR position.

Javon will probably sit out.
Driver is good and probably will remain so, but he will be double teamed constantly like last year.
Gardner the jury is out on, why were no other teams clamoring for him?
Boreighter is coming off an injury and is another huge question mark.
Fergie just plain sucks.

Why isn't TT making a move for Moulds which would solidify things here in a hurry?

The WR corps, at things point, looks about the same or worse than last year. Why is that?

Very curious..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
I find it very curious that he hasn't done much at the WR position.

Gardner the jury is out on, why were no other teams clamoring for him?

The WR corps, at things point, looks about the same or worse than last year. Why is that?

Very curious..

Javon\Driver\gardner\Boreigter\Ferguson\Franks\Lee

if that doesnt look like a good bunch of recievers, then...(bites tongue) good for you!

the jury is out on Gardner?

I passed my judgment on Gardner the second he tried to hurdle a cornerback in a meaningless game. That was so amazing...I need that video clip!

He didnt have to try anything outrageous. He was a FA pickup, it was a meaningless game...we were out of the playoff race...

but BAM! Catch from Favre, HURDLE attempt over a CB...

but the jury is out.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
D.Levens said:

You took the words out of my mouth D.Levens !!!!!!

This is the Bottom line, a "Good GM" could do both but our GM seems intent on pissing in the wind !!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why TT would want to tear the teap apart for 2-3 years?

Considering his contract isn't that long...

Staff online

Members online