1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What would the Packers have done??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IluvGB, Sep 25, 2012.

1. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +819 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    I hate to play the devil's advocate here,..but I was thinking about this last night...

If the tables were turned, and it was the Packers that won the game in that fashion, would they have taken it as a win, or would they have conceded and not taken the points?

Is it even possible for a team to over rule the officials when it comes right down to it?
  2. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +619 / 14 / -10
    they would have hightailed it out of there, flew home and never spoken about that game.

seatle on the other hand acted like a bunch of clowns who just won the superbowl. and golden taint? dont get me started on that guy "i dont know what youre talking about"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1
    You have to understand, this is how Golden Tate was probably brought up. He was taught that if he was caught doing something wrong, "deny it immediately". You could tell how quickly and sheepishly he answered.........."I don't know what you're talking about, I don't know what you're talking about". Anyway, let's move on! Saints next week, and we know Saints they ain't!
  4. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +819 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    I guess thats what sent me over the edge! They sure acted like it was a SB win!

Also games should never have to come down to such a controversial win... then it would't be
    in the hands of a team to make a decision one way or the other....hence the officials!!
  5. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    What exactly does this mean.
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    im more upset about that pi call on shields than anything...horrendous
  7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think Mike should have sent the 11 guys out there, made them point their posteriors in the direction of the scabs and collectively drop their drawers.
  8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
  9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    It was bad, but I've seen worse PI calls.

BTW, I've yet to see a reference to the PI call that gave us a first down that wasn't really a PI. Why are we only complaining about the one on Shields? Doesn't seem very objective. So if you want to talk about "shoulda" then we probably shouldn't have been in position to score that TD.
  10. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +696 / 16 / -0
    Actually, in super slow motion, it was pass interference. The dback hit the receiver just before the ball arrived; granted it was close. Even so, the roughing penalty overturning the interception in Seattle territory could well have resulted in another TD, or even a FG, which would have put the game out of reach. Horrible officiating.
  11. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139 / 2 / -1
    Idk how the team would react, but I know how every other fan out there would react..
    There wouldn't be "Hey, seattle should've played better so they wouldn't be in this position."
    They'd go off on their typical anti Packer rants about how every game we win is handed to us or some crap... smh.
  12. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +649 / 42 / -2
    No coach with any class and dignity would act like Carroll did. Way to dance around the field with your **** eating grin.