What would be a more signifigant win for the team?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would be a bigger win for the Packers? This week going to NY and playing the Giants and getting a win in New York? Or the week after playing at home against the Chargers? I vote for two wins! But which one do you think would be a bigger boost for the Packers?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chargers are a better team, more likely to get to the Super Bowl. I'd think 2 wins would be spectacular, but the Chargers win would be a bigger morale booster I would think. People would probably start to fear the return of the Pack. :towel:

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be a close game in New York; I thikn think the Packers will take it though.

I don't give us much of a chance against San Diego, though. They're just too good.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chargers will be a test for us. I think we'll come out much stronger than the Bears did. But LT - man, LT is LT. He looked incredible (yet again). Can't wait to see our defense take him on, either way.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd expect a game a lot like CHI-SD when we play the chargers because we will definitely be able to get in Rivers' face but too many guys that can make plays and not the same for us...

looks a lot better than it did preseason however

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the OL is already having nightmares about how to block Shawne Merriman.

From a morale perspective, beating the chargers would be bigger, but for this team, a conference win will end up mattering more in the end I think.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're gonna win them all!

Let's take a poll... How many of us here really believe we have a chance against the Giants? Chargers?

We all agree that our chances are better vs. the Giants right?

Who'd have thought that the Eagles wuold muff 2 punts leading to their demise?

So if we believe that we have a chance Vs. the Chargers and we know that anything can happen in a football game, who says we can't win BOTH games?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would be a bigger win for the Packers? This week going to NY and playing the Giants and getting a win in New York? Or the week after playing at home against the Chargers? I vote for two wins! But which one do you think would be a bigger boost for the Packers?
chargers ........keep the winning streak at lambeau alive

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charhers would be a more significant win as far as momentum goes, but beating an NFC team in the Giants is good as far as playoff seeding goes towards possible wildcard spots.

I say Giants. 2-0 against NFC teams will help the team out bigtime.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the conference win is more important in the whole scheme of things, but GAWD would a win against the Chargers fire them boys UP!!!!!

And someone said it earlier, winning against the Chargers would make people sit up and take notice to the return of the Pack. Not that we need them to because these are our Packers and that's all that matters, but yes, it would be nice to see the collective heads turning at that one.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to win Sunday! Next week casn take care of itself. First lets get that conference win against the Giants. Just don't get overconfident. REmember Brad Hoover
Pack88

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the next game is always the most important but then the Charger game next would be the most significant IMO.

Now they say luck comes into play for every team that has a successful year and we could not catch the Chargers at a better time. This will be their second straight road game, after playing New England, after playing the Bears at home.

If they happen to beat NE this week we will be the classic let down road trip game. It would be next to impossible not to let down some in this situation.

If this were to play out and we start 3-0 this would be the shock of the NFL and such a major confidence booster for us. After beating Philly as well, who would we not feel we could play with from there on out?

That's why it would be so significant.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
nfc conference teams and division teams are more important to us then any afc team we face
Amen to that. To start out 2-0 in the NFC would be awesome. :beersign: :beer:

It would also be awsome to see us take out a top team in the AFC. Espicially because the AFC is soo tough

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beat the Chargers and I will put this team up there with the best of the NFC. I don't think it will happen but I would really like to see the Pack somehow pull of a that big upset when San Diego comes to Lambeau.

Though I prefer to take it one game at a time and hopefully see improvement each time I see the team.

jaybirdknows

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the next game is always the most important but then the Charger game next would be the most significant IMO.

Now they say luck comes into play for every team that has a successful year and we could not catch the Chargers at a better time. This will be their second straight road game, after playing New England, after playing the Bears at home.

If they happen to beat NE this week we will be the classic let down road trip game. It would be next to impossible not to let down some in this situation.

If this were to play out and we start 3-0 this would be the shock of the NFL and such a major confidence booster for us. After beating Philly as well, who would we not feel we could play with from there on out?

That's why it would be so significant.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Agree with tromadz, as far as playoff seeding we need to focus on the Giants and taking care of business in NY. As for morale, I think it would be a boost to just hang tough with SD, win or lose. Chargers really are Rivers, LT, and Gates, the rest are filling roster spots. On D they have some of the best LBs around so running the ball will be tough, and Jammer is always a ballhawk.

Beat the Giants! Lets take it one week at a time.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you guys all mention the conference standing for the tiebreaker on wildcard spots, but dont forget about the strength of victory that killed us last year. I think a win against the chargers woudl boost our strength of victory up quite a bit as well.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The win over the Giants is bigger IMO. Beating the Chargers would be amazing and we do have a decent shot I suppose, however I don't see it happening. Like previously stated, winning in the conference is much larger then most things besides stuff inside the division. So yeah, Giants.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers would be a huge win... and I mean HUGE. Noone would see that coming. I think if our offense can do ANYTHING we will mess the Giants up.

Members online

Latest posts