What will you do with no football in 2011

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5882717"]NFLPA to players: Save pay, lockout's coming - ESPN[/ame]

looks like it's getting serious

i wait till april every year to get the schedule so i can see my packers play. hope these millionaires can come to there senses

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'll come on the forum and complain. That's what they're for anyway right? lol
I'll probably also follow college football a bit more, you guys are all welcome to Badger nation.
I can tell you this... I went to one major league baseball game in Miller park to look at the new building after the strike, I simply gave up on the game because millionaires couldn't decide how to slice the pie equitably.
And it's all the fan's money they are talking about.
Some day I might be watching hockey (gasp)
Or Aussie football (OMG)
Or Soccer (OMFG)
Or not watching sports and getting drunk instead (YES)
But we still have the draft no matter right?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many issues with both sides I wonder if they will come to a compromise in time. example of an issue, post season play. Last season the saints players made about $80,000 per player. Now for Drew Brees thats a huge pay cut. Yeah he gets endorsements and what not but still. The league is cashing in while the players only get a small piece.

Best thing that will happen if theres a lock out? Most college ftball juniors will stay and it will be a very good year in college ftball. It the badgers can win their bowl game and return key juniors they could make a good run at the big 10 title again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Love to see a rookie cap...That might have a snowball effect where the owners could put the savings towards other things

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Love to see a rookie cap...That might have a snowball effect where the owners could put the savings towards other things

Interesting, I just finished a novel where the #1 pick in the draft asked for a rather small sum. His reasoning was that if you give me mega-bucks, you will have to release good players to stay under the salary cap, which will give me a worse team to play with, I'll make my money in endorsements and if I prove myself worthy, you can increase my salary later.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be super sad...and would bi*** about all those rich bast****.

Football is the only thing I really follow besides playoff hockey.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Be pissed. Because with all the players we're getting back, if we manage to stay healthy (which I no longer take for granted), next year could be a special year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll watch more hockey, or find a way to force myself into liking college football.

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
If this doesn't get resolved how about we start a fans forum playstation/xbox league. We could find a forum for every team and invite them into a league. Schedule games for when they would normally be played.

I have no idea what games are out there or how it would work but it could be interesting.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
yeah they def need a first contract cap or at least a cap for a players first year in the nfl.
i will end up being more committed to my tennessee volunteers average football program.
they better have college fantasy football!!!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill drink less beer, get more work done and will not be back to watch football again if these asshats try and pull this crap off.

I quit watching baseball after the last strike and a was a big baseball fan. It wasnt until about 9 years ago i got back into watching pro sports at all.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cry? I'd be lost without football, it's one of the things I love most about this time of year. But there is also hockey and I've been neglecting my Penn State Nittany Lions anyway. I hope they arrive at a resolution everybody can agree upon, it would be a sad world without football. I love this game!

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tailgate at camp randall and spartan statium a little more....
at least there will college fb
and the big ten will have great games next year!

sucks no nfl tho.... :(

L

Lunchboxer

If no NFL atleast I got the Badgers to watch.

There will be a season. They would be losing alot of money if was no NFL season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Sundays would start feeling empty.
So I'd have to fill them in some other way.
Church, perhaps?

Sunday's without football would be like Santa without his hat.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the fans should go on a 5yr lockout!! This is ******** WTF am I going to do next year????? LOL Ill just be fishing more I live in FL :)

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i already watch 82+ games of hockey a year so i guess ill only have that without any of these wonderful gifts every sunday :(

pluto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably watch more college football. baseball lost me after their last strike. i might give up pro football if there's a prolonged strike. that would hurt a lot, i'm 48 years old and haven't missed a packer game in 43 years.

Members online

Latest posts