What was the greatest game that you ever attended?

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to 3 Packer games in my life. All of them were in Milwaukee. The first one was on Sep 20, 1987 -- Don Majkowski's first start. My brother and I were on our way to Chicago and just decided as we drove through Milwaukee to see if there were any scalpers at the game. The game was against Denver and the Packers were pretty much out of it so we decided to leave and head on to Chicago. As we were walking down the stairs, we heard the cheering as Brian Noble recovered a fumble. The Packers drove down and scored -- tying the game. The game ended up being the last tie in Packer history.

Ironically, it ended up being 5 years to the day (Sept 20,1992) that Majik had his final start as a Packer --- Replaced by some 3rd string QB that we got from Atlanta.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would have to be the only game ive ever attended at lambeau. against the 49ers. TO caught a beautiful touchdown pass in the corner of the endzone where i was sitting (right beside the players tunnel, where my little brother caught a glove from donald driver)
Unfortunately, Brett threw 4 Ints... so i had to watch that... but SF doinked a field goal and GB went on to win.

Runner up... Green Bay v Carolina at Bank of America Stadium... Monday Night Football Green Bay wins and i get to brag up and down the streets...good times.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't exactly a Packer game and it wasn't exactly a great gridiron match, but it was definitely a great moment in Packer lore:

It was the Southern Miss / Tulane game back in '86, I believe. Southern Miss was down by 14 and they bring out this 17-year-old true freshman named Favre (pronounced over the loudspeaker as "Fav-Ree").

The first time he dropped back and threw the ball the whole place went silent. In unison, my two buddies turned to each other and said, "We got ourselves a quarterback!" Won the game in the last few seconds, of course.
Everybody there that day knew they'd just seen the beginning of something truly special.

Yep, that was pretty cool.

TM

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its my dream to go to a game

i was looking its gona be like $400 for fights
then tickets hotel and stuff

still thou i could always sell my body :)

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the G B-Seattle playoff game where Hasselback said they were going to get the ball and win the game--only to have Harris pick off a pass and return for a game winning touchdown.

It was the 1st regular season or playoff game for my son so that made it even more special.

A close second would be the GB - NO game in 2005 when we won something like 52-7, but the real kick was that I took my 12 year old daughter and as we were leaving our seats were approached by a customer service person who said that my daughter had he name chosen to receive an autographed Al Harris jersey.

Seems like Al Harris is the key to a memorable game for our family. :thumbsup:

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Memorial Stadium in Champaign IL, year 2002. Bears. Packers. Monday Night Football. Dun Dun Da Dun!

KGB ran back a huge INT for a TD, and the Packers won 34-21. It was so beautiful. Driver also caught a big TD. Both were around 80 yards.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in the end zone where Chester Marcol caught his own blocked FG attempt and ran around the end for the winning TD against the Bears in 1977(?). Also, two games in Charlotte against the Panthers, 1997 and 2001, the Packers smoked the Panthers in both. Unfortunately, I was also in Charlotte in 2000 when GB lost to Carolina 28-14, Brad Hoover ran for about 120 yard, Santana Dotson tore his quad, and some dude ran all the way from one endzone to the other, he was actually mixed up in the play down near the endzone. He was sitting about 3 rows in front of us and suddenly jumped onto the field and into the fray. Stupid, but damn funny.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raiders at Lambeau, 1993, day after X-mas. Had to hit the road from my folks at 3:30 am to get back to Sheboygan and pick up my buddy, and then back to GB to tailgate.

Second coldest game in Packers, history after the Ice Bowl.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs i think the second coldest game in packer history now, is the 1996 playoff game against the Carolina Panthers in Green Bay... -17 Degrees if i remember correctly.

We also won that game.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to 3 Packer games in my life. All of them were in Milwaukee. The first one was on Sep 20, 1987 -- Don Majkowski's first start. My brother and I were on our way to Chicago and just decided as we drove through Milwaukee to see if there were any scalpers at the game. The game was against Denver and the Packers were pretty much out of it so we decided to leave and head on to Chicago. As we were walking down the stairs, we heard the cheering as Brian Noble recovered a fumble. The Packers drove down and scored -- tying the game. The game ended up being the last tie in Packer history.

Ironically, it ended up being 5 years to the day (Sept 20,1992) that Majik had his final start as a Packer --- Replaced by some 3rd string QB that we got from Atlanta.

My other 2 games were in Milwaukee as well. Both were in 1989. For the 1st one -- against Atlanta -- we had seats as far back as you could -- against the wall of the stadium. The Packers scored 21 points in the 4th quarter to pull out the win 23-21.

The other game was 3 weeks later against Detroit. Like most seats in County Stadium, ours were "Restricted view" -- meaning that you most likely were sitting behind a pole. (No offense to the Polish people but there must have been an awful lot of them there for them to notate it on the ticket :rotflmao: ). Anyway, at the end of regulation, Detriot missed a field goal that would have won the game. Most people had already started for the exits -- assuming the game was over. With the missed kick, the game went to OT and we moved up to the box seats to watch the Packers win 23-20.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Dec 18, 1994 County Stadium.... Favre brought the Packers into the playoffs with a diving leap into the endzone.. cold day but in the 4th quarter I don't think a sole was cold... Packers 21 - Falcons 17.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two seasons ago when the Packers smoked the Saints 52-3 at Lambeau Field. I won the tickets from our local Pick N' Save grocery store the week before the game. The weather was beautiful, and the game was too!

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver game when The vikings lost to Arizona and we won the division. The Packers were solidly ahead and the game was getting a bit boring until word spread about what was going on the other game. The people in the skybox behind us turned 1 of their TV's toward us and everyone in my section was turned watching that game insteasd of the one on the field, when Pool caught that pass the place erupted. I was amazingly fun to be their in that atmospohere

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dec 18, 1994 County Stadium.... Favre brought the Packers into the playoffs with a diving leap into the endzone.. cold day but in the 4th quarter I don't think a sole was cold... Packers 21 - Falcons 17.

it was also the last game at county stadium

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Green Bay born and raised Packer fan of over 60 years says "hands down" the Ice Bowl in harshest winter weather conditions a NFL game was every held in . it was at game time -14, and wind chill factor of -48 on hard & icey Lambeau Field and got worse by the time the game ended. The game was played on News Year Eve on December 31 , 1967.

Players suffered frost bite during the game and some Packer fans were hauled to Green Bay hospitals by Green Bay Fire Department Rescue units for treatment of cold weather medical problems .

This game settled the NFL Championship in 1997. The Packers beat the Cowboys 21 to 17. Packers scored on QB sneak by Bart Starr behind the block of Packer Guard Jerry Kramer
from Cowboy's 1 yard line with 20 seconds left on the score board clock in south end zone in Lambeau Field on extremely frozen playing field.. The Score board read Packer 21 Cowboys 17!!!

This gave Packers the right to meet the Oakland Raiders in Miami, Fl in the Orange Bowl . (Super Bowl 2). The Packers 33--Raiders 14. This gave the Packers three straight NFL Championship (1965, 1966 and 1967) making this 2nd time the Packer have done this. First time was winning 3 straight NFL Championships in 1929, 1930 and 1931.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1983 when we beat Washington 48-47.
What a track meet that was.
I remember that one! I was VERY sick in bed that night, and was watching the game on a small black and white TV in my bed.
I think the Washigton kicker missed a last second field goal that would have won the game for them, if i'm not mistaken.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs i think the second coldest game in packer history now, is the 1996 playoff game against the Carolina Panthers in Green Bay... -17 Degrees if i remember correctly.

Coldest games:

-13 degrees Dec. 31, 1967, Packers/Cowboys

0 degrees, Dec. 26 1993, Packers/Raiders

2 degrees, Dec 22, 1990 Packers/Lions

3 degrees, Jan. 12, 1996 Packers/Panthers

As according to the packers Media Guide. I think the 1996 is a misprint, shouldn't it be 1997?

As for me, I've been to a number of memorable games. Freeman's miracle catch Monday Night against the Vikings, the first Monday Night game after 9/11, Favre's 200th start, the NFC Championship against the Panthers, etc.

My first Packer game was in 1982 at the Astrodome in Houston where the Packers edged out the Oilers in a shootout. I saw the Packers play against the Cowboys at County Stadium in 1991 or so. My first game at Lambeau Field was in 1996.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
3 degrees, Jan. 12, 1996 Packers/Panthers

As according to the packers Media Guide. I think the 1996 is a misprint, shouldn't it be 1997?

97 should be correct cuz it was Jan of 97 that game was played...but maybe for some strange reason, they consider it the 1996 season no matter what?

My game probably has to be the Xmas eve game where Thigpen ( spelling??) dropped the ball in the end zone that allowed the Packers to win..And get the division title

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I remember that one! I was VERY sick in bed that night, and was watching the game on a small black and white TV in my bed.
I think the Washigton kicker missed a last second field goal that would have won the game for them, if i'm not mistaken.
Mark Moseley, the last straight-on kicker in the NFL, missed a FG that would have won the game for the Foreskins. He had made a lot of FG in a row from what I remember, and either held the record or was approaching it. The Packers scored late in the game to go ahead and I remember turning to my buddy saying "there's too much time on the clock". I was in California, what a game that was.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
yooperfan said:
Mark Moseley, the last straight-on kicker in the NFL, missed a FG that would have won the game for the Foreskins. He had made a lot of FG in a row from what I remember, and either held the record or was approaching it. The Packers scored late in the game to go ahead and I remember turning to my buddy saying "there's too much time on the clock". I was in California, what a game that was.
Thanks for the info! I thought i had remembered correctly!
Heck.....i remember when the soccer style kickers were the "strange" ones, and the straight on kickers were the norm.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
cheesey said:
yooperfan said:
Thanks for the info! I thought i had remembered correctly!
Heck.....i remember when the soccer style kickers were the "strange" ones, and the straight on kickers were the norm.
Pete and Charlie Gogolak were the first I think. Odd thing is, at first all of the sidewinders were foreign, former soccer players, today, almost all are Americans. If you have kids that play soccer, keep 'em kickin'.

Members online

Latest posts