What top 6 rated player is going to flop?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Personally I see the dubious honor being between Gholston and Matty Ice.. If the Fins take Gholston at 1.. I think he will be the biggest disappointment overall of the 6, but I think Ryan may be the least valueable player amongst the 6.

Ryan was really a one year wonder at BC, he played alright previous but no where near the level of the early part of last season, add to that he tailed off as the season progressed. I think he lands in ATL and gets thrown to the wolves to early and beaten down..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't follow college and couldn't tell you who any of those players are. However, historically, QBs traditionally have been the most likely to flop so I choose that QB.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I see the dubious honor being between Gholston and Matty Ice.. If the Fins take Gholston at 1.. I think he will be the biggest disappointment overall of the 6, but I think Ryan may be the least valueable player amongst the 6.

Ryan was really a one year wonder at BC, he played alright previous but no where near the level of the early part of last season, add to that he tailed off as the season progressed. I think he lands in ATL and gets thrown to the wolves to early and beaten down..

i think you hit the nail right on the head my friend :hammer:

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round QB's have the the biggest bust potential, so my lot goes on Ryan. However, if I had to order them it'd probably be: Ryan, Gholston, C. Long, Dorsey, J. Long

However, Chris does have Howie...but no flat-top :(

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gholston....disappeared in some big games in college, and just strikes me as a newer version of Mike Mamula.....tests like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

josdin00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year there seems to be someone whose stock rises because they had a great Combine. Gholston was that player this year.

Troy Williamson was one of those players.

I voted for Gholston.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say Ryan, just because most low ranked teams have shoddy OLs and he may be thrust into the QB position from game one. Being rushed into the NFL and getting beaten up tends to kill ones confidence.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well, with Jake Long being taken first and the word that ATL will pass on Matty Ice, I would change my thinking to Gholston, however I think he very well might slide to...

Not sold on this kid at all, here is why. In college he was used only as a down lineman and played the run and pass rush.. in the pro's he will be to small to play on the line.. tweener.. and I truly don't think the kid will be able to make the transition to play in space.. which will make him a one dimensional player.. a costly overpaid one at that.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why McFadden isn't on the poll. Mendenhall and Stewart will both be better pros IMO. McFadden has blazing speed, but he's skinny and fumbles alot. I think he'll be better than another college speedster, Reggie Bush, but he's not gonna be an Adrian Peterson-like stud that a lot of people seem to think.

Of the choices you have, I think Chris Long will end up flopping. I really like the kid, but he looks like a linebacker to me. He'll be a good end, but not good enough for the contract he'll get. Gholston might struggle initially with playing coverage (like Merrimen and Ware), but he's in a scheme where he'll get a bunch of sacks, so he'll justify the paycheck he brings home.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
I don't know why McFadden isn't on the poll. Mendenhall and Stewart will both be better pros IMO. McFadden has blazing speed, but he's skinny and fumbles alot. I think he'll be better than another college speedster, Reggie Bush, but he's not gonna be an Adrian Peterson-like stud that a lot of people seem to think.

Of the choices you have, I think Chris Long will end up flopping. I really like the kid, but he looks like a linebacker to me. He'll be a good end, but not good enough for the contract he'll get. Gholston might struggle initially with playing coverage (like Merrimen and Ware), but he's in a scheme where he'll get a bunch of sacks, so he'll justify the paycheck he brings home.

Mcfadden skinny?
He's 6 foot 2 215 lbs
ryan grant is 6 foot 1 218 lbs.

IS Ryan grant skinny? Thats what i hought

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:

Mcfadden skinny?
He's 6 foot 2 215 lbs
ryan grant is 6 foot 1 218 lbs.

IS Ryan grant skinny? Thats what i hought

You're saying Ryan Grant is thick? The difference is Grant plays tough, while McFadden falls down as soon as he gets hit.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Envy_Jericho said:
i don't know but why does a QB always leap out at me........ oh yeah Ryan Leaf
And Todd Marinovich, and Andre Ware, and there's probably 20 more names I could come up with if i wasn't so darn tired right now.

JoeGoal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta say Ryan, on the fact that:

a. It is harder to adjust to quarterback from the collegiate level to the pros than an other position.
b. He doesn't really have a lot of weapons around him
c. Too much hype, Following Mikey, fans that want to win now

I can't see it working out too well.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went with Gholston. From the time he started getting hyped, I thought "Hmm. I'm not impressed."

As far as Chris Long, I think his versatility is key. If Linehan or whoever ends up being in STL the next few years really pushes him in the film room, teaches him where to be for different positions, he could be a huuuge weapon. Get him shifting from DE to LB to DT as you change up packages, and you've got yourself a Jason Taylor as he was used by Nick Saban...

Members online

Latest posts