What to do with TEN picks in Day 3...

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because TT just couldn't help himself, we now have 10 fricking picks in rounds 4-7 tomorrow. Just what this team needed. Guys to battle for the last several spots in the roster. I just don't get these moves by TT. Even if the board allowed these trades, we don't need 10 more players on this roster. We don't have the room. We need quality over quantity. So, just take a guy at the spot!

Now that my venting is done, it's time to look forward. 10 selections gives the Packers flexibility. I'm hopeful we can trade UP (as unlikely as that may seem) to get the guy they want in round 4. I covet Barrett Jones. Otherwise, there are players at all three levels on defense that would offer good competition. Here's our preview, including a heck of a breakdown of the two top kickers that TT will hopefully choose between sometime tomorrow: http://wp.me/p29VCs-hP

H

HardRightEdge

Yes, moving up here and there makes sense. If they see a guy they like but have reason to believe he won't fall far enough, they can use the 6th. and 7th. rounders to chip up a few slots in the 4th. and 5th. round.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another move I'd like to see is moving a pick for a pick in next year's draft. There's no way we will use 10 picks tomorrow - or at least we shouldn't. Why not start stockpiling picks for next year so TT has some ammunition to move UP next year - a la SF this year.

H

HardRightEdge

Contrary to that link, Mayock commented during the NFL Network broadcast that NFL team sources told him the Alabama medical records showed Lacy had a lot of injuries but he played through them.

Then he missed the Combine workouts with knee and shoulder issues.

Then he pulled a hammy in Feb. which might have impacted his 40 time at his pro day. Also, he did not lift at his Pro Day because of the shoulder.

Teams were scared off by the injury question marks, especially with a guy with this kind of running style.

This is a high risk / high reward deal right here.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because TT just couldn't help himself, we now have 10 fricking picks in rounds 4-7 tomorrow. Just what this team needed. Guys to battle for the last several spots in the roster. I just don't get these moves by TT. Even if the board allowed these trades, we don't need 10 more players on this roster. We don't have the room. We need quality over quantity. So, just take a guy at the spot!

Now that my venting is done, it's time to look forward. 10 selections gives the Packers flexibility. I'm hopeful we can trade UP (as unlikely as that may seem) to get the guy they want in round 4. I covet Barrett Jones. Otherwise, there are players at all three levels on defense that would offer good competition. Here's our preview, including a heck of a breakdown of the two top kickers that TT will hopefully choose between sometime tomorrow: http://wp.me/p29VCs-hP
Quality and Quantity are not mutually exclusive. Its very possible that we got both with the moves TT made.

Remember when we cut Smith, TT said we had to make room. It wasn't cap room, it was roster spots. We are filling up our roster with draft picks to heighten the level of competition. If we take 4 guys who each have a 25% chance of being a star, that is a good thing.

GO TT!!!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This draft is unbelievable. We got the best running back in the draft and a thousand yard rusher and the best Defensive End for our scheme on defense. Plus Ted Thompson has racked up a total of 10 draft picks for tomorrow. Unbelievable! Thopmson is showing why weare so lucky to have him as our GM. I hope we get some of these guys tomorrow.

WR: Tavarres King, Georgia
WR: Uzoma Nwachukwu, Texas A&M
S: Baccari Rambo, Georgia
OT: Chris Faulk, LSU
OT: David Bakhtiar, Colorado
OG: Barrett Jones, Alabama
ILB: A.J. Klein, Iowa State
TE: Michael Williams, Alabama
TE: Nick Kasa, Colorado
RB: Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we draft WR Ryan Swope from Texas A&M. He ran the same 40 time as Tavon Austin did. We need a WR that can take the top off a defense and Swope can do that.

Reaction score
I think many of you are missing the point. Give ted 10 picks in 1 draft and he will find you 2 long term starters guarenteed. Who said we needed to sign all of them? He wants as much competition over the summer as possible.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This draft is unbelievable. We got the best running back in the draft and a thousand yard rusher and the best Defensive End for our scheme on defense. Plus Ted Thompson has racked up a total of 10 draft picks for tomorrow. Unbelievable! Thopmson is showing why weare so lucky to have him as our GM. I hope we get some of these guys tomorrow.

WR: Tavarres King, Georgia
WR: Uzoma Nwachukwu, Texas A&M
S: Baccari Rambo, Georgia
OT: Chris Faulk, LSU
OT: David Bakhtiar, Colorado
OG: Barrett Jones, Alabama
ILB: A.J. Klein, Iowa State
TE: Michael Williams, Alabama
TE: Nick Kasa, Colorado
RB: Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada

Rather have Braxston Cave than Barrett Jones, or both. Cave is less of an injury issue though he did have one his Jr. year that he missed time with. I think Cave is a better Center, and Jones is a better OL that can play multiple positions. You forget Cave got playing time under Charlie Weis at ND with a pro-style offense.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stop shaking your head and read this: http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

The marginal utility of a third round pick v. that of a fourth or fifth round pick is pretty low. I'll take the extra picks.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This could be a late round pick-up with huge uspside to replace Starks and or Green (latavius murray) Huge up-side for a late round running back.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Stop shaking your head and read this: http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

The marginal utility of a third round pick v. that of a fourth or fifth round pick is pretty low. I'll take the extra picks.

I think It's great to have 10 picks to go into last day of draft. We just added two starters that I believe are going to make an immediate impact and there is lot's of talent on the board still. Now Thompson has flexability to move up and get some key situational and depth players. We can maybe get a better back up quarterback too and a late round sleeper which I can think of more then a few. There are tons of good offensive lineman and tight ends out there. I gotta say I was looking at the new roster with new additions and if we stay healthy we look really, really good. Now we need to get two or three lineman, a tight end, couple recievers, a outside backer, Qb, on last day of draft and if Thompson picks the right guys were loaded.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Grab DT, Jessie Williams (Alabama)
2) Stock up on offensive linemen, receivers and safeties
3) If possible, get a 2014 draft pick in exchange for a 2013 draft pick

Lots of options for the Pack today!

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on how the board falls, I wouldn't be surprised to see TT nab a QB if a good one keeps falling. We remember how it worked with Harrell's one snap at NO. And he hasn't shown much in limited action, including preseason. It'd be smart to get a better backup, but also for purposes of hoping he develops into a valuable trade chip. Think Ryan Mallett in NE, or our preview late-round QB's that we have flipped in the past.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MY DAY 3 Wish List, Rounds 4-7

• Round 4, pick 12, 109 overall : QUINTON PATTON, WR, Louisiana Tech (May have to trade one of our 6th Rd picks to move up earlier than this 12th pick, to get Patton. Would be worth it. He's rated higher than 8 WR's taken already this draft.

• Round 4, pick 25, 122 overall : BARRETT JONES, C-G, Alabama
  • Round 5, pick 13, 146 overall : ZEKE MOTTA, S, Notre Dame
  • Round 5, pick 26, 159 overall: Trade to Arizona for their 2014 4th Rd pick
  • Round 5, pick 34, 167 overall: JOSEPH FAURIA, TE, UCLA
  • Round 6, pick 5, 173 overall: LANDRY JONES, QB, Oklahoma
  • Round 6, pick 25, 193 overall: LUKE MARQUARDT, OT, Asuza-Pacific
  • Round 7, pick 10, 216 overall: XAVIER NIXON, OT, Florida
  • Round 7, pick 18, 226 overall: STEVE BEAUHARNAIS, ILB, Rutgers
  • Round 7, pick 26, 232 overall: ALONZO HIGHSMITH Jr., OLB, Arkansas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts