What to do with Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley?

What Should Packers Do With Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley?

• Total voters

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll have to see what the numbers look like but I doubt I would've brought him back for what Minnesota wound up paying...

H

HardRightEdge

We'll have to see what the numbers look like but I doubt I would've brought him back for what Minnesota wound up paying...

ESPN reports that the contract "has a maximum value of $47.5 mlllion, with $18 million guaranteed. The contract is worth a minimum of $27 million over the first three years, and could be as much as $28.5".

It was after 48 hours so I guess it's not a big deal. ;)

Finley haters should be crying in their Schlitz. The odds he'll stick just went up.

I'm glad that's over. We would have gotten good value matching that deal.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
ESPN reports that the contract "has a maximum value of $47.5 mlllion, with $18 million guaranteed. The contract is worth a minimum of $27 million over the first three years, and could be as much as $28.5".

Finley haters should be crying in their Schlitz. The odds he'll stick just went up.

Did we get the chance to match? Didn't we offer him around that same price a while back?

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we get the chance to match? Didn't we offer him around that same price a while back?
Yes we did, but we were no longer willing to pay him that much. That offer hasn't been on the table in some time. I'm assuming that offer was made before jones and Cobb proved what they could do. I don't blame Ted for not matching 9m a year on a position that isn't a need.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yes we did, but we were no longer willing to pay him that much. That offer hasn't been on the table in some time. I'm assuming that offer was made before jones and Cobb proved what they could do. I don't blame Ted for not matching 9m a year on a position that isn't a need.
9.5. 9 mil would have been my max so I can't blame TT. Min looks pretty sad with how many of our players they pursue seemingly to spite us.

H

HardRightEdge

That last line had a typo. It was supposed to say "we would not have gotten good value". I've been in the "don't sign Jennings" camp going back to 2011.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9.5. 9 mil would have been my max so I can't blame TT. Min looks pretty sad with how many of our players they pursue seemingly to spite us.

The grass is always Greener on the other side of the Mississippi (from their point of view). Although I guess their players have no difficulty finding grass, etc. there.

Members online

Latest posts