What the **** is a Favre Fan?

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was an administrator for several years on Scout's Packer site. It was always a quick trigger policy on Putrid Thoughts. We hd several Vikes fans chat with us. Good ones like Viking Steve, Delewarevike stc. and then we had Gonzo and some others. I tolerated their **** prettty well but if you went to PT and talked like they did it was instant ban. Now on Scouts Packer forum the new administrator won't allow any Favre talk on the main board. It's listed and pasted right at the top of frozen tundra. Gimpybutt and Hyatt are massive Favre ball lickers and won't allow any negative talk about Burtt. This place is about how I ran Scout. Live and let live unless it got personal. Now over there the admins edit and delete and ban if you disagree with their beliefs. This is a much better site.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
But, you cannot deny that he gets his team in a position to make a run year in and year out. And, that's all you can really ever hope for in the NFL.
Does he? The Packers had a great run with him at QB but they didn't make the playoffs every year. So year in and year out is an exaggeration.

In his career he's only played on a handful of teams that were legitimate title contenders. And if his regular season play did HELP position his teams to make a run, his post season play has typically HELPED end their season.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The administrator of the scout.com Packers site is such an unapologetic Favre supporter, that after the Pack-Vikes MNF game in October he posted a game action picture of Favre raising his hands in triumph along with the caption "Favre 1 Packers 0". I like this site a lot more, Favre bashing is not only tolerated, it's encouraged!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
But, you cannot deny that he gets his team in a position to make a run year in and year out. And, that's all you can really ever hope for in the NFL.
What I don't like about this is how you say 'his team.' If there's anything Brett has shown us in these past couple years, it's that he simply is not playing for the team anymore. He leads you to believe it with his celebrations and antics, but in the end, it seems to just come down to sheer selfishness.

With the Jets, he almost certainly re-retired just to be available for another team.

With the Packers, I would've said that it was pretty much a mutual agreement for him to leave, if not mostly us saying "we need to move on." I know he was the one who retired, but we didn't take him back. Regardless, the personal digs this year at the Packers organization only shows how selfish and ungrateful he truly is toward what they did for his career. "Best season ever?" "Best team I've ever played for?" Come on, where's the class in those statements?

Brett Favre doesn't have a team. After his best years, it's only been about him and his records and his 2nd super bowl.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What he represents?! Is it the openly lying to the public? The pill addiction? The way he thinks he's bigger than the team?

I don't get that.
Being a flip flopper? Being wishy washy? Being a waffle head? Being untrustworthy? Being a liar? A traitor? Doing what it takes to get your way even if that means being dis-loyal to those who admire you and mentored you to be the best you can be?
:smile2:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was an administrator for several years on Scout's Packer site. It was always a quick trigger policy on Putrid Thoughts. We hd several Vikes fans chat with us. Good ones like Viking Steve, Delewarevike stc. and then we had Gonzo and some others. I tolerated their **** prettty well but if you went to PT and talked like they did it was instant ban. Now on Scouts Packer forum the new administrator won't allow any Favre talk on the main board. It's listed and pasted right at the top of frozen tundra. Gimpybutt and Hyatt are massive Favre ball lickers and won't allow any negative talk about Burtt. This place is about how I ran Scout. Live and let live unless it got personal. Now over there the admins edit and delete and ban if you disagree with their beliefs. This is a much better site.

I admit I go to far sometimes, but this site is great and I hope it stays that way.

Packer Rats is another total favre lovers ******** site. They go after and eventually ban anyone who talks bad about Favre but they allow any bullshitters who support him to trash talk others.

I had a link to a funny video about Favre in my sig and got banned for it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit I go to far sometimes, but this site is great and I hope it stays that way.

Packer Rats is another total favre lovers ******** site. They go after and eventually ban anyone who talks bad about Favre but they allow any bullshitters who support him to trash talk others.

I checked out PackerRats and it seems that they do tolerate some Favre bashing.
That is as long as it is within any Favre related threads.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Truth is, we're pretty tolerant over here. In october and early november it got pretty hard, though, and we had to moderate almost every post, because there was some trolls and we kept just giving them time outs.

We banned some guys, and it cooled down.

A lot of time before there was an attempt to put everything TT and Favre in one place, but it got to a point that it's best to let it flow and just policy if the comments are civilized.

We're tolerant with Favre bashing and TT bashing, as long as it doesn't get out of line.

My opinion on the subject is pretty clear, but I try not to be bias.

We don't tolerate, however, any trash talk about the packers, not on this area.