What the Hell Jennings

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really sounds like Jennings has his bags packed and is ready to get out of GB. I don't mind his statement on AP that much, although it is a little weird. it just seems like he has a general apathy toward football right now and is embracing his fate on getting cut. He seems to have lost some of his competitiveness.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It's just yakitty yak, he is probably friends with AP. No big deal if he does or does not break the record, the guy is a beast and deserves the MVP or comback player award or even both. He is the only bright spot on that offense because we all know ponder cant throw worth a damn. AP has shouldered the load of that vikes team all damn season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think it was horrible...He said it is unfortunate they play him and he may have to break the record vs the Pack..

But he explained he is a fan just like all of us...

I feel the same..I would love to see him get the record just as long as it doesnt mean they beat us

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The last time we faced AP, we didn't have CM3 in the lineup, and we all know he makes a HUGE difference. I personally don't think he will break the record, but he does deserve some props on his outstanding season.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings mentioned that as long as we win, he hopes AP breaks the record. I would have liked for him to say He's OK with AP breaking the record as long as we win. Big difference between wanting it to happen and being OK with it happening IMO. I wonder if he'd say the same thing if we were still practicing in full pads/full contact-lol

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really sounds like Jennings has his bags packed and is ready to get out of GB. I don't mind his statement on AP that much, although it is a little weird. it just seems like he has a general apathy toward football right now and is embracing his fate on getting cut. He seems to have lost some of his competitiveness.

He isn't getting cut, his contract is up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most fans want to see him break the record. Through 14 games he has 20 more yards than ****erson did at this point. Solid chance to break the record. Possibly 2nd best season by a RB ever.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ I think it was Jamal lewis who racked up 2000+ yards with the ravens back in 2003 or 2004.....can't remember, but I know he got close to the record as well. As did barry sanders, and terrell davis

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta love AP and what he brings to the game, even if he is on the Vikings.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but if he is a Viking I want him to fail. Nice guy and all, but it is the Vikings afteral, not the Minessota Adrien Petersons. I would have an easier time rooting for him if he was a Redskin, 9er etc etc...but as long as he is on a team that is an NFC north foe, I cannot, will not, and SHOULD not root for him in any scenerio. Now if he was on the Packers...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but if he is a Viking I want him to fail. Nice guy and all, but it is the Vikings afteral, not the Minessota Adrien Petersons. I would have an easier time rooting for him if he was a Redskin, 9er etc etc...but as long as he is on a team that is an NFC north foe, I cannot, will not, and SHOULD not root for him in any scenerio. Now if he was on the Packers...

Agree with this. Peterson is a rival. He is a tremendous athlete who has my respect, but that's where it ends. I don't root for rivals to achieve playoffs, individual accolades, etc.

It's not anything personal against Peterson, it's the fact that he's a Minnesota Viking. I love Rodgers, but if he were a Viking next season, I would be cheering against him.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with this. Peterson is a rival. He is a tremendous athlete who has my respect, but that's where it ends. I don't root for rivals to achieve playoffs, individual accolades, etc.

It's not anything personal against Peterson, it's the fact that he's a Minnesota Viking. I love Rodgers, but if he were a Viking next season, I would be cheering against him.

Now there's a horrifying thought. :eek: Been there, done that.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be noted that in two games last year AP put up 226 yards and 2 TDs against Green Bay. In 2010 over two games he ran for 203 yards and 1 TD.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ I think it was Jamal lewis who racked up 2000+ yards with the ravens back in 2003 or 2004.....can't remember, but I know he got close to the record as well. As did barry sanders, and terrell davis

Yeah I think lewis is 2nd but the best season IMO was TDs. 2000 yards plus and 21 TDs. Insane. Every RB should be chasing that season. OJ had a great year in there too.

Fishwhisper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming from chicago and being a M.J. fan, people loved to see him score 50 pts and lose the game. I don't have any problem with A.P. getting the new season record as long as the packers win.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of this forum is huge Barry sanders fans. How is that any different?

I respect what AP has accomplished bc I have watched him do it so many times against my team. Just like Urlacher.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be particularly bothered by it if Peterson got the record against us, but I would care.

I'm sure Capers cares and I'm sure the defense cares. It's a matter of personal pride and pride for a unit to not allow records (unless you're Brett Favre and Michael Strahan is close to the sack record).

If Peterson needs 80 yards going into the final game, the defense is doing everything they can to keep him from getting that, and it's a big source of pride and motivation if they succeed.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It happens 3 times.

So he scored 50 or more 39 times and lost when doing so only three times. Anti-rooting section must have had some tough games. ;)

If Petersen was playing against someone else, frankly I wouldn't care. Just me, but I don't want him to get a single yard against us.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Yeah I think lewis is 2nd but the best season IMO was TDs. 2000 yards plus and 21 TDs. Insane. Every RB should be chasing that season. OJ had a great year in there too.
OJ had a great season he will be the best 2,000 yard rusher ever as he did that in 14 games...

Members online

Latest posts