What teams do you fear the most

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What opponents do you get the most nervous when were playing them. Like what teams do you want to beat so bad that you get nervous or what teams do you fear coming into the game or just don't want to play them at all in the playoffs if we don't have to.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only the packers. because this team can beat any team in the nfl...it just depends if they show up or not.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm a tense bag of nerves every play of every game. But like a wound up spring I explode when something good happens. I don't fear any team, I fear every team. This is the NFL and the difference between teams is not that large. However I look forward to this season. It is going to be a very tough and challenging one and if you are going to be the team at the top of the pile in the end you are going to have to beat alot of good teams in the playoffs, Why not practice it all season long. Is we the champs or ain't we.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants and Vikings because they are typically pretty good and almost always play the Packers hard and because I know plenty of people close to me that are Vikings and Giants fans and I hate it when they win and do not shut up about it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always fear the bad teams, the trap games.

I never mind losing to good teams - well I do, but it doesn't sting as much. Losing to the 0-10 Colts in 1997 really hurt. The threat of losing to the '77 Bucaneers is a classic example. Even losing to teams like the Bears and Lions lately seem to have the same effect. We've had our feet on their throats for so long, that any loss hurts more than losing to a good team like the 49ers or Giants

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only the packers. because this team can beat any team in the nfl...it just depends if they show up or not.
Luv ya Volve, but I'm not buying that and I hear it all the time, every year, like we're some kinda super-dynasty who wins Super Bowls all the time.
Fact is, we've won ONE in the past 16 seasons, and even under Rodgers, we've had just one playoff run... the rest have yielded little or nothing.

We need to toughen up.

San Fran & NY Giants are the 2 teams who pose the most problems for us, Atlanta too now. We match up well with Seattle IMO.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luv ya Volve, but I'm not buying that and I hear it all the time, every year, like we're some kinda super-dynasty who wins Super Bowls all the time.
Fact is, we've won ONE in the past 16 seasons, and even under Rodgers, we've had just one playoff run... the rest have yielded little or nothing.

We need to toughen up.

San Fran & NY Giants are the 2 teams who pose the most problems for us, Atlanta too now. We match up well with Seattle IMO.
Which is twice the average.

We have been one of the elite top 5 teams in the NFL each of the last 4 seasons and that won't change for the next few years. The odds were very good (at least better than 25-31 teams) that we win it all. Lombardi did not win every year, even with all those HOFers on the roster. There are no guarantees in the NFL - but that is what makes it fun.

Wait, there are three guarantees - the Vikes and Lions will not win a SB and the Bears still suck.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Francisco is the only team I have ahead of the Packers. Kapernick is good enough to beat the Packers with his arms and legs. He'd showed that much last year when rushing for 170+ UNTOUCHED yards. The offensive line is good enough to give him time to do so. The defense is nasty and constantly bringing pressure.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta
Green Bay
Seattle
San Francisco
Warshington
NY Giants

That's my 6 playoff teams, and how I rank them right now.
The Niners losing Crabtree will crippled them in the end.
Not only because he was Kaepernick's favorite receiver, by far, or because Crabtree was coming into his own.
But the odds are they will get some more WR injuries once the actual season gets here, and their WR Depth is not what ours used to be. It's hard to overcome that stuff.... defenses will be able to bring another guy into the box to clog up the running lanes of Gore & Kaepernick & LaMichael James..... and then defenses will learn more about stopping that zone read.

Atlanta is the team to watch with the improvement they made at RB from old slow legged Turner into Steven Jackson, plus Julio & Roddy White are phenomenal.

We play them on December 8th, maybe for the #1 seed or at least a bye or home playoff game at stake.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9ers, They have been the antithesis of the Packers style of football for the last few years and in the last 2 put the talent behind the scheme to really make it boom. They hit us where we try not to be hit on both sides of the ball and thats what scares me.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We need to toughen up.

we will agree to disagree. we've made it to the playoffs nearly every year Rodgers has been QB. once you make it there...there is no reason why you can't beat any team in front of you. the team just has to be on 100%, as they were in the latter half of the 2010 season

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going with the obvious, divisional opponents. Bears, Vikings and Lions pretty much in that order. I wouldn't say I "fear" the Pack playing those teams but they mean more than others.

H

HardRightEdge

Fear itself.

"Fear" isn't the right word the way I see it. We really don't have cause to fear anybody. I'd say "concerned", and I would apply that to 4 areas:

1. Our passing game was less than it's dominant self against physical secondaries, especially in zone. SF and SEA come to mind. After week 1 I don't see so much to be particulalry concerned about on this score.

2. Running QBs; the Kaepernick debacle is a pain that lingers. And I don't restrict that to read-option which should be mostly a non-factor now that the most effective practitioners have ascended to "franchise" status. K, and I suppose Vick if he regains some of his former dynamic, are the only scrambling threats we'll face. Against K, we might be forced to play zone all day to contain those scrambles which is not optimal since it would trim back the blitz packages. We've got RGIII coming week 2, but given his recent history and his early stage resumption of real tackle football, we should expect him to be subdued afoot.

We don't face SEA, at least not until the playoffs, but they might be the exception to the "less option" approach...Carroll has enough "college coach" running through his veins, besides being a little nuts, to keep playing that hand. He also went out and got a playmaker utility knife in Harvin to add to the set variations. I can see Carroll going for optimal confusion this season, and read-option would be a component.

3. We have a tough schedule. There will, at some point, be some wailing, gnashing of teeth and crises of confidence in these parts somewhere along the hard road to 10-11 wins.

4. Such a list would not be complete without at least one inward looking concern. I'm not comfortable with what MM is doing on the O-Line. Last year Barclay could count on some help from Sitton during the Bulaga IR games. Now, we've loaded up the talent on the left side, leaving the unproven manning C and RT. If Newhouse settles in at RT or even bumps Lang out of RG, that move strikes me as a "you can run but you can't hide" risk. I need to see Barclay sans Sitton to see how good of pass blocker he actually is...he looked suspect on this score and needs to make that MM second year jump, which tends to be hit or miss.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure some will laugh at me for this, but the team I fear most is Minnesota. We play them twice and they are IMO the Packer's stiffest competition in the division.

For two years the Packers have pretty much cake-walked their way through the division, the Bears are in rebuilding mode, and the Lions are still immature but physically and psychologically. The Vikings on the other hand have a fresh infusion of talent from the last 2 years of the draft, plus AP. Ponder may not be great by anybody's standards, but he has the talent to be a decent QB, and that may be all they need at this point.

Sure, SF, Atlanta and Seattle are all top teams, but GB has to make it out of the conference first and into the playoffs. Once we get there I think this team has a chance against anyone, depending on the injury situation and some player development, but none of us can predict that.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, I guess I still don't see where all the Falcons love is coming from. That is one team that, if we faced them in the playoffs, I would not be scared to lose to them. Anyone else, it's possible. But, I just don't think Atlanta matches up well with us.

Members online

Latest posts