What team should be relocated? And where?

Scout200

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you had the ability to relocate a NFL team, where would it be and why?

-Scout

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota to LA.

Because it would make me laugh.
I'm really conflicted with this.

Sure, I would laugh histerically the first couple of months. Sure, I would get in almost every Vikings fans' face.

But, then again, it would take away the bliss of knowing that, no matter what, in every NFL season, at least I can make fun of them in the end.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sure, I would laugh histerically the first couple of months. Sure, I would get in almost every Vikings fans' face.

But, then again, it would take away the bliss of knowing that, no matter what, in every NFL season, at least I can make fun of them in the end.

Same here.

How about we relocate the vikings to Milwaukee. That would be much worse. Or even Iowa.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here.

How about we relocate the vikings to Milwaukee. That would be much worse. Or even Iowa.
Iowa has such a college feel to it, don't you say? Don't know if a franchise would be viable in there. Same thing for 2 teams in WI. Though if you moved them to Iowa, their fanbase wouldn't decline. Moving them to WI, if anything, they would lose fans...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure something to upset them a little but keep them around. Then again I want them to win a little. I dont want them to turn into Detroit, with no real rivalry.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Detroit's big enough to house a second team, isn't it?

Move them there, because that's where losers go.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm kinda torn on that too. It would be funny as hell at first but then, could you ever believe we'd start to miss the freakin Vikings!!!

Was this not a thread before? My memory is shot. I think states with more than two teams should lose one or have that team relocated to a place that doesn't have a team nearby. That would make sense to me. In NY, I'd leave Buffalo alone, but move the Jets to maybe New Hamshire or Vermont. Think of regions that don't have a team nearby and must root for the team in closest proximity to them or God knows who. California also has several teams as does Florida and Texas as well. Move the Cowboys out of Dallas, now there is a thought!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'd move the Jacksonville Jaguars to San Antonio. They've shown they can support a NBA team, and they have the Alamo dome just waiting for a football team. Hispanics LOVE football so I don't think they'd have trouble filling up the place. It also would drive Jerry Jones bonkers as he would lose cowboy fans to them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers to Madison so that they can be closer to me and I can go watch a few games.
(J/K.)

Move all teams off of planet Earth except the Packers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Packers to Madison so that they can be closer to me and I can go watch a few games.
(J/K.)

Move all teams off of planet Earth except the Packers.

But then who would we have left to be superior too? The Badgers?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
New idea: Move the Vikings to Alaska and make them play in an open-air stadium. That'd be sufficient punishment for that weak-*** dome they've played in for the last however many years.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New idea: Move the Vikings to Alaska and make them play in an open-air stadium. That'd be sufficient punishment for that weak-*** dome they've played in for the last however many years.

Damn it Jess. You beat me to it. Alaska in a open stadium. :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing is, from what I've seen, a lot of Vikings fans hate that they play in a dome. They think that it makes them look like *******. And it does.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was doing some research this morning on the subject of relocating. Read about 3 business magazine articles and a couple studies by consulting groups on behalf of the NFL, and also some papers by Universities. The consensus was that Buffalo has to go. After Green Bay, they are the smallest market, and they are hurting...that is why they are playing a couple of home games in Toronto. They are playing the Bears there this weekend (go Bills!). The most suggested place to move to was San Antonio.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Buffalo or Jacksonville. In Jacksonville it's so bad they have over 10,000 seats covered for NFL games and they can't sell out what they have left. While MN may have ticket sales problems it's nothing compared to Jacksonville. Most of the fans down the coast are Dolphin fans. I think it's a NFL saturation problem. To many teams to close to each other, without the population base to support them all.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Buffalo or Jacksonville. In Jacksonville it's so bad they have over 10,000 seats covered for NFL games and they can't sell out what they have left. While MN may have ticket sales problems it's nothing compared to Jacksonville. Most of the fans down the coast are Dolphin fans. I think it's a NFL saturation problem. To many teams to close to each other, without the population base to support them all.
All of Western NY are Bills fans. Well, obviously not all of them, but most of them. That's actually quite a large market when you think about it. I've made the point that the Buf v Jax was the first Bills game in 6 years (!) to not sell out and fill the stadium.

That's pretty impressive and I am still baffled as to why the NFL would consider moving them over a team that can't even fill the top deck of seats.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I would say Jacksonville to probably LA or TX but I dunno that either state really needs 3 NFL teams do they?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
LA's the 2nd biggest media market in the US. The NFL, despite their past failures, would obviously prefer a team go there if they're moving.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think most pick Buffalo because once the old man dies the team will be sold to the highest bidder and I doubt they will stay in Buffalo anyway. Which is to bad. It would be nice to see more small market teams, but the problem is the NFL has priced the average fan out of the market for season tickets. After all, how many of the Packers season ticket holders go to every game? A lot just go to a few choice games and sell the rest of the games.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think most pick Buffalo because once the old man dies the team will be sold to the highest bidder and I doubt they will stay in Buffalo anyway. Which is to bad. It would be nice to see more small market teams, but the problem is the NFL has priced the average fan out of the market for season tickets. After all, how many of the Packers season ticket holders go to every game? A lot just go to a few choice games and sell the rest of the games.
If the issue is really ownership and not money, there's a higher possibility that the Bills will move.

There have, however, been a lot of rumors swirling about possible future owners. Jim Kelly supposedly has some partners who are willing to invest with him. Donald Trump (huge Bills fan) has been quoted as saying he hopes the Bills won't move. Their contract is up in 2012, so that's when anything is going to happen.

Members online

Latest posts