• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has been kicking like a drunk man this season. I think unless he has a great finish to the season, TT will replace him.

Free Agents in the upcoming offseason include

Neil Rackers
Jay Feely
Sebastian Janikowski

Would love to get either Rackers or Janikowski.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont mess with the kicking...we already cut one of the best punters in the league (Ryan) and look at his numbers in Seattle...Crosby is a stud, he will get better.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way in hell that Janikowski leaves Oakland. He's the best of the group.

I don't remember how exactly Rackers kicks in the outdoor, so unless he's got a strong leg, not an option.

And I don't like Feely.

I think they'll stick with Crosby, but I would try to find something. 77%, good for 23rd of 36 kickers is not acceptable. There has been some people raising the question taht perhaps he could be hurt, and the Packers could be hiding it. And other saying that it has a lot to do with the holder, that while Ryan was it, he was kicking fine.

I think that even then, that's not acceptable.

And worst of all, if the game is on the line, do you trust him? Absolutely not.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont mess with the kicking...we already cut one of the best punters in the league (Ryan) and look at his numbers in Seattle...Crosby is a stud, he will get better.

Crosby is far from being one of the best Kickers. He has a powerful leg but no accuracy. How long do you think we should wait for him to "get better." he's only making 76% of his kicks, and remember how he was supposed sto be so great from long distance? Well he's awful at it because he has no accuracy.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way in hell that Janikowski leaves Oakland. He's the best of the group.

I don't remember how exactly Rackers kicks in the outdoor, so unless he's got a strong leg, not an option.

And I don't like Feely.

I think they'll stick with Crosby, but I would try to find something. 77%, good for 23rd of 36 kickers is not acceptable. There has been some people raising the question taht perhaps he could be hurt, and the Packers could be hiding it. And other saying that it has a lot to do with the holder, that while Ryan was it, he was kicking fine.

I think that even then, that's not acceptable.

And worst of all, if the game is on the line, do you trust him? Absolutely not.

Maybe Janikowski is fed up with miserable Oakland and wants to leave? Never hurts to be hopeful right?

At least TT could bring someone else in to try and light a fire under Crosby.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Janikowski is fed up with miserable Oakland and wants to leave? Never hurts to be hopeful right?

At least TT could bring someone else in to try and light a fire under Crosby.
I think cut him or don't cut him someone else HAS to be brought in, for competition. It's a must.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has leg power to kick from sixty but I am not sure he can even see the goal posts. However, he could be one of the top 10 in the league, he has the talent. In the mean time I would look for another option. Maybe use a late round pick and let them battle it out. I was confused in that draft year why the kicker from UCLA was chosen ahead of Crosby but now I know why. Ugh I wish he could clean it up he would be one of the best in the league.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I copied and pasted this from another forum:

- Crosby is 20/26 overall, just a single miss under the magic 80% they shoot for.
- He is 18/20 from less than 50 yards out.
- Only one kicker has more 50+ yard attempts than Crosby, Scobee with 6 of which he has made just 2. Succop has 5, the same as Crosby, and has made just 2, one more than Crosby. Only two have four 50+ yard attempts, five have 3 attempts. Six have 2 attempts. Only 16 kickers have two or more attempts from beyond 50 yards.
- His only misses inside 50 yards are from 49 and 43; not certainties for any kicker. Only 6 kickers are perfect in 40-49 yard attempts; Stover at 1/1; Cundiff, Dawson, Graham and Vinatieri at 2/2; and Suisham at 5/5. Nine kickers with at least 5 attempts between 40 and 49 yards are no better or are worse than Crosby at 4/6. Three kickers with less than 5 attempts have missed at least 2 of them. The miss from 43 is hardly "inexcusable".
- 5 of his 6 misses were on his first attempts in the game. Is this significant? I don't know, but its worth thinking about.
- Crosby proves time and time again that he is an asset on the kickoff team with good tackles. Sure he misses some, but he does provide a credible last line of defense on kick coverage.

A team should always look to improve, at every position. However, it will take an outstanding kicker to be better than Crosby, and Crosby is young. His only struggles are from beyond 50 yards, at distances few kickers attempt regularly and distances young kickers particularly struggle with.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Bring in some competition for training Camp. Crosby has not earned the right to simply walk on the field again next year. Why did we give up on Longwell anyway? Did he want too much $$? Why were the Vikings able to sign all our explayers when we couldn't/wouldn't??

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I copied and pasted this from another forum:

- Crosby is 20/26 overall, just a single miss under the magic 80% they shoot for.
- He is 18/20 from less than 50 yards out.
- Only one kicker has more 50+ yard attempts than Crosby, Scobee with 6 of which he has made just 2. Succop has 5, the same as Crosby, and has made just 2, one more than Crosby. Only two have four 50+ yard attempts, five have 3 attempts. Six have 2 attempts. Only 16 kickers have two or more attempts from beyond 50 yards.
- His only misses inside 50 yards are from 49 and 43; not certainties for any kicker. Only 6 kickers are perfect in 40-49 yard attempts; Stover at 1/1; Cundiff, Dawson, Graham and Vinatieri at 2/2; and Suisham at 5/5. Nine kickers with at least 5 attempts between 40 and 49 yards are no better or are worse than Crosby at 4/6. Three kickers with less than 5 attempts have missed at least 2 of them. The miss from 43 is hardly "inexcusable".
- 5 of his 6 misses were on his first attempts in the game. Is this significant? I don't know, but its worth thinking about.
- Crosby proves time and time again that he is an asset on the kickoff team with good tackles. Sure he misses some, but he does provide a credible last line of defense on kick coverage.

A team should always look to improve, at every position. However, it will take an outstanding kicker to be better than Crosby, and Crosby is young. His only struggles are from beyond 50 yards, at distances few kickers attempt regularly and distances young kickers particularly struggle with.
When was the last time he made a game-winning FG? When was the last time he MISSED a game-winning FG?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
When was the last time he made a game-winning FG? When was the last time he MISSED a game-winning FG?
I could be wrong on this but:
MADE: Philly in the season opener 2 years ago.
MISSED: Twice last year. I don't remember which one was most recent, but Bears and Vikings.

I agree definitely that we need someone new.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Falcons just cut Jason Elam and signed Matt Bryant.
There is no god. Not a merciful one, at least.

I don't know what to do then. The kid kicking for Florida has impressed me on occasion this year. Let's sign him as an undrafted rookie. Or burn a 7th rounder on him. I don't care which.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no god. Not a merciful one, at least.

I don't know what to do then. The kid kicking for Florida has impressed me on occasion this year. Let's sign him as an undrafted rookie. Or burn a 7th rounder on him. I don't care which.

LMAO! Isn't that ironic though? Virtually, right when you suggest we get Matt Bryant he gets signed by another team.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Crosby, maybe a little competition wouldn't hurt. He has a strong leg, and has done well in the past it just looks like he's in a slump. Plus, like someone said a lot of his misses are from 50+ yards out, so I'm not worried.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has been kicking like a drunk man this season. I think unless he has a great finish to the season, TT will replace him.

Free Agents in the upcoming offseason include

Neil Rackers
Jay Feely
Sebastian Janikowski

Would love to get either Rackers or Janikowski.
Alot of teams have strggled to have a good kicker lately, very strange. Adam for the Colts has been below average the last couple years, Dallas kicker has not been very accurate this year which is weird becasue in 07 he was one of the best in the league. Same with Houston's kicker has missed 2 game winning field goals.

Seems strange, but alot of teams are struggling with kickers alot more now then maybe 10 yrs ago. But the good thing is there is alot of kickers out there, and if your kicker does not meet your expectations then you go after another one in the draft or something.

Personaly for the Colts I would love to see them hang on to Stover over Adam. I think Stover this year is 8/9. I know he has only missed one field goal, but we will take Adam back without a doubt.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Isn't Janikowski just a bigger version of Crosby? Both have howlitzers for legs, both have almost no accuracy.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kicking a football accurately is similar to golf - it's 90% mental. Sure a strong swing gets more distance but getting that sweet spot every time takes major concentration & Crosby may be letting his slip a little.

I'd trust him in a game-winning situation simply because I know he can get it far enough & he's accurate enough to get it done. His 4 out of 5 misses from beyond 50 yards shouldn't automatically label him inaccurate from that distance, just un-focused perhaps. Competition never hurts your team so that's a given for next training camp.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe jsonline crosby explained why he has been off on his kicks.He has been working on the problem so maybe we see that tonight it was a few weeks ago so if you wanted to read it you would have to go back to when we,played the 49ners i think.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby, although better in the last couple of games, has not won my fan support. I just don't think it is as simple as a mental thing. He has a strange swing to his leg. Sometimes it seems as if he is beyond his leg extension when he connects with the ball. To me that seems to be a timing issue. But how much does that kick swing affect the left/right accuracy of the kick, I have no idea. When he misses, it seems to be a BIG miss. I just don't know if it can be coached out of him at this point. I say look for a better option in the offseason, if we can't find one, stick with what we have...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts