What REALLY happened at the airport in GB

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fair enough for her to go and ask for another, especially if it's her favorite hat. After all, it's true that it only takes like 5 seconds to sign his name. But I think the point is that she went into the whole ordeal not necessarily expecting him to sign it, and she wasn't even really upset by it.

Sure, ask for it all you want. Rodgers should also have the right not to want to stop and sign stuff on his way to the airplane on the eve of the biggest playoff game of his career and not be criticized for it.

I still maintain she's being a bit greedy by having all this stuff signed. The hat wasn't even hers, she said it belonged to her sister.

And therein lies another problem- People having players sign stuff and then selling it for a profit. It happens often enough that many players flat out refuse to sign stuff. And while I don't think Mrs. Cavanagh is selling items the players are signing, I wouldn't put it past some of her friends or family members from doing so. The fact is we don't know.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And one of mine

I posted the article where she was being quoted

They've been removing all of my recent comments, which kills their credibility even more. Not just because they're removing mine, but because they're removing any comments that are critical of them.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, ask for it all you want. Rodgers should also have the right not to want to stop and sign stuff on his way to the airplane on the eve of the biggest playoff game of his career and not be criticized for it.

I still maintain she's being a bit greedy by having all this stuff signed. The hat wasn't even hers, she said it belonged to her sister.

And therein lies another problem- People having players sign stuff and then selling it for a profit. It happens often enough that many players flat out refuse to sign stuff. And while I don't think Mrs. Cavanagh is selling items the players are signing, I wouldn't put it past some of her friends or family members from doing so. The fact is we don't know.

I thought her sister gave it to her?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

I think she said her sister gave it to her because she lost all her hair. That's a little bit different. If she wants to have it signed and it's her favorite hat that she wears to cover up her hair loss, it's understandable that she might be a little upset. Not to say she isn't being a little demanding or that Rodgers necessarily needs to stop. I think he's going to stop for people wearing pink from now on though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've been removing all of my recent comments, which kills their credibility even more. Not just because they're removing mine, but because they're removing any comments that are critical of them.

thats bc he is a sellout hack. And a vikings fan. Not sure whats worse.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got a ton of snow dumped on us here in Madison.
I called up Aaron Rodgers and left a voice message and asked if he would come down to help me shovel our driveway and sidewalk.
So far nothing.
Dude really is a jerk.
Gawd I hate him.
:mad:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
We got a ton of snow dumped on us here in Madison.
I called up Aaron Rodgers and left a voice message and asked if he would come down to help me shovel our driveway and sidewalk.
So far nothing.
Dude really is a jerk.
Gawd I hate him.
:mad:

Dude, I needed some fire wood chopped for next weeks game. Called him up, asked if he could stop bye and take care of that for me. I mean, this is firewood that will be burned during the game to keep a fan warm!!! Guess what he said! So he says, get this, hold on.. So he says..he says....he says....you won't believe this, he said, "How'd you get this number! I'm busy visiting some kids in the hospital!" THEN HE HUNG UP!!! OH MAN, The NERVE of that guy. He should know where his money comes from. I called up Florio and gave him ALL that info. Florio said he'd be putting out a story on it ASAP.

Rodgers, you are really really dumb, FOR REAL!!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

That's incredible. And removing the stuff with additional facts in it? Not only does he not want to TELL the truth, he's going to make sure no one else does either.

We need to get a serious letter-writing campaign going to his boss. This is guy is a shockingly rotten "journalist", and frankly, a pretty despicable person.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That's incredible. And removing the stuff with additional facts in it? Not only does he not want to TELL the truth, he's going to make sure no one else does either.

We need to get a serious letter-writing campaign going to his boss. This is guy is a shockingly rotten "journalist", and frankly, a pretty despicable person.

Removed my post where I put an article with her quotes in it

Still go to OBF?

LOL

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In his defense, he's not a journalist. He's a blogger. As such, he doesn't have to have the same journalistic integrity as actual journalists.

I agree he's a total hack though. And frankly, this needs to be embarrassing for him and for NBC. A letter writing campaign would be a great way to make the displeasure over his style of doing things known.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Dude he has so much on his mind, people will do anything to make someone look bad. She said herself shes already gotten an autograph from him...sheesh. I eman superbowl is possibly 2 weeks away! its crunch time babay!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason your comments are getting deleted is because they know they messed up and are trying to cover it up. The problem is when you attempt to cover up a pile of crap, it still smells like crap no matter how deeply you bury it. This is not good. The person who is going to lose credibility over this is Florio and rightfully so. A good journalist will know the validity of what they are writing beyond a shadow of a doubt before it goes to print. Know before you speak, especially if you are in a position where you are going to reach a large populous of readers.

I also want to send my prayers and well wishes out to Jan. Whether or not she was right to seek the autograph in the first place bears little relevance on her own personal privacy in this matter. In a way, Florio is exploiting her, although I can't prove malicious intent his part. I will refrain from passing said judgment on Florio because we don't know that for a fact. But, for all of you who thought I was joking when I mentioned conspiracy theories, I will box your ears if it comes to fruition.

Members online

Latest posts