What positions will be the focus in the 2013 draft?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

hehehe.......just been watching the senior bowl trials and liked the look of (David ?) Queesenberry. Any comments ?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Alex Ogletree and Matt Elam are the two guys I want the most. Ogletree for obvious reasons and Matt Elam could potentially give us what we've been missing since Collins went down.

Other than that we should look into an offensive lineman and a big run stuffing end.

I also like Eddie Lacy too. To me, he's Marshawn Lynch without the ugly teeth and with the way he's playing and the program Saban runs down there in Tuscaloosa, he'll be a great player for us.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Alex Ogletree and Matt Elam are the two guys I want the most. Ogletree for obvious reasons and Matt Elam could potentially give us what we've been missing since Collins went down.

Other than that we should look into an offensive lineman and a big run stuffing end.

I also like Eddie Lacy too. To me, he's Marshawn Lynch without the ugly teeth and with the way he's playing and the program Saban runs down there in Tuscaloosa, he'll be a great player for us.
We've already had Safeties that can't tackle since Collins left.

Remember Lacy's OL.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Casey Hayward was the number 2 but they only ouse him in the slot that's why I would want a corner in the 1st round to be the number 2 corner over Sam shields and Shields can be a great depth guy

Sam shields was our best corner the last four or five games of the season. No way does he lose his starting spot. If he continues to get better he should be the #1. Him and Woodson have the best ball skills at the DB spot. I actually think Tramon should be the one concerned about losing his spot.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam shields was our best corner the last four or five games of the season. No way does he lose his starting spot. If he continues to get better he should be the #1. Him and Woodson have the best ball skills at the DB spot. I actually think Tramon should be the one concerned about losing his spot.

He would have been the best corner all year if he didn't have that 2 month injury. Shields got better at everything this year. Tramon looked like crap and looked like he got worse as the year went on. Shields made plays on the ball while tramon tried to make plays on the guy who had already caught the ball.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Cooper, Quinton Patton, Chris Michael, Chase Thomas

Looks good, but your take on the Cooper pick depends on your thoughts on the Center position. Found out EDS is RFA, likely a 2nd round tender.

I see TT extending EDS contract. I've also heard rumblings of moving Lang to center and Barclay over to guard once Bulaga returns tho so idk.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I see TT extending EDS contract. I've also heard rumblings of moving Lang to center and Barclay over to guard once Bulaga returns tho so idk.
Lang was in the conversation at C Wells' last year, but I think Brass may have moved on from that. Barclay started as a G on this team, but we moved him back to T when Bulaga and Lang went down. He'll probably stay as a tweener backup, though I wouldn't mind him challenging Lang. Not exactly expecting him to win though.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lang was in the conversation at C Wells' last year, but I think Brass may have moved on from that. Barclay started as a G on this team, but we moved him back to T when Bulaga and Lang went down. He'll probably stay as a tweener backup, though I wouldn't mind him challenging Lang. Not exactly expecting him to win though.

I honestly think Barclay should stay in as RT. If he can polish his pass blocking he could solve one tackle issue we have. Should be interesting tho, as bulaga is said to be the better pass blocker and it's evident Barclay is the better run blocker. As a team with a below average run game and who likes to throw the ball moving Barclay back to the bench wouldn't shock me but we need to get better running the ball so somethings got to give.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga is going to be the RT next season

Can you guarantee that? because he had a down year this past season and i think Barclay outplayed him. IJS. Instaed of getting better he seemed to get worse and had issues with athletic pass rushers. His new name is T-rex because of the length of his arms.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga had a rough start to the season, especially the Seattle game, but he was getting back to his old self in the weeks following that game. Which is something you just seem to be conveniently forgetting/leaving out when you talk about how bad he was this last season.

Barclay is better at run blocking, but he isn't close to Bulaga in pass protection.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga had a rough start to the season, especially the Seattle game, but he was getting back to his old self in the weeks following that game. Which is something you just seem to be conveniently forgetting/leaving out when you talk about how bad he was this last season.

Barclay is better at run blocking, but he isn't close to Bulaga in pass protection.

ok Bulaga was getting better when he got hurt even tho he got outplayed by Barclay. Is that better now?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Can you guarantee that? because he had a down year this past season and i think Barclay outplayed him. IJS. Instaed of getting better he seemed to get worse and had issues with athletic pass rushers. His new name is T-rex because of the length of his arms.
I can guarantee it. Barclay did NOT outplay Bulaga, especially in pass blocking as Barclay constantly needed help there. Barclay is a better Dozer, but Bulaga grades out MUCH higher than Barclay does in a good year. Remember that Bulaga was playing with a brace this season and was not used to it. Even considering that Bulaga graded out about as well as Barclay this year. Barclay did well under the circumstances, but really does not grade high as a Tackle.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a Bulaga vs. Barclay issue anyway. There's a very good chance Bulaga is going to get a look at LT next year, there's already been talk of that.

So it may be a Bulaga vs. Barclay vs. Newhouse vs. Sherrod(??) issue.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
There was alleged talk of moving Bulaga last year. Turned out to be all media and fans. Like last year I doubt the org is even considering it.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not confident about our prospects at LT at all. Newhouse is a weak link in this line and my gut tells me that Sherrod's injury will at the very least set his career back another year.

If Lane Johnson falls to us at #26 which is quite possible given that Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher are rated so highly, I say we take him. I know that everybody's ga-ga over DJ Fluker but the word on him is that he's an awesome run blocker but his pass blocking needs work.

I'd love to pick up a top DT or ILB or SS in round 1, but our OL is in need of a serious upgrade. EDS can take over the duties at OC. Barclay looks like a good backup at G and we can only hope that Bulaga returns to form in 2013.

If Johnson isn't available I wouldn't mind seeing us take Kevin Minter at ILB or Jesse Williams at DT in round 1, both of which will probably be there for us.

Of course if some gem falls to us unexpectedly like Jonathan Hankins or Kenny Vacaro or Alec Ogletree, then hey, scoop them up.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ogeltree is still around after pick 20 I would be trading up to snag him. The Notre Dame TE Eiffert, FSU corner xavier rhodes both intrigue me and I could see trading down, picking up some picks and still taking Barrett Jones in the early 2nd.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd actually be a bit disappointed. It doesn't fit our MO.

I wouldn't go WR with the first pick however to get a great WR and then have Jones still there in the 2nd sets up a great draft. I loved some of the other choices and liked others...but I didn't feel there was a waste of a pick in them. Do you not like the picks or do you feel it isn't BPA which is our MO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts