What NFC Team scares you the most...

What team in the NFC possesses a threat to the Packers or makes you the most nervous about playing?

• Lions

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • 49ers

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Giants

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Eagles

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, I started by posting this in the wrong thread....Mondays....

I think the Giants are over-rated. The Niners are looking good, but not quite there yet. The Lions and the Saints are both teams that could be a real threat, but they both have shown a tendency to be wildly inconsistent at times. Between the two it's a toss-up to me. Sure the Saints lost a strange one this weekend, but they're still deadly. The Lions have had to pull their fat out of the fire a couple of times when they should have been smoking their opponent. So either team can be a threat. Right now, Detroit on Thanksgiving Day looks more like a curse than a blessing.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Good thing I made this topic, as the conversation it has spawned has been a good read.

I have the Saints finishing 10-6 or 11-5, I don't see them winning more than that.

San Francisco does have an easier schedule, they could win 12 games, possibly. That would be interesting to see...

I still have the Pack at 13-3

The Giants will win the NFC East if you think about it....Philly is going to screw up like they did early in the season, just wait till they play again, Vick will be having another nightmare game cause the Giants set the blue print to stopping him, and last night that was Rob Ryan's defense that didn't even try to stop him and let the guy run around and leave targets wide open.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The team out of the ones up top that scare me the most on the road is detriot and the saints. At Lambeau though I'm most scared of the eagles, and giants cause they both seem to have decent run games, and both of their respective quarterbacks have defeated the packers at lambeau, in the playoffs.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You guys really don't have much competition.....

Most predictable season ever, been saying this all year.

Even when the Saints won the SB it was easy for them in the big game with a choking Colts offense, a poor coaching staff and a horrible Colts D with a one legged Freeney.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The team out of the ones up top that scare me the most on the road is detriot and the saints. At Lambeau though I'm most scared of the eagles, and giants cause they both seem to have decent run games, and both of their respective quarterbacks have defeated the packers at lambeau, in the playoffs.

Yeah, Giants/Eagles/Niners would be the biggest challengers in GB IMO.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is why I want home field advantage so bad in the playoffs.

Let us bring San Francisco and New Orleans to Lambeau field. Let them deal with the elements of the cold weather.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am not even sure NO wins the division as of now.

Falcons aren't done yet either.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They need to get their **** together....Tampa bay is coming off the bye week, and we seen what they did, running the ball over that defense that can't stop the run.

The Saints problem is they are getting too predictable, and their defense is living and dying on turnovers and not stops.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am starting to get the feeling it may be Giants at Packers for the NFC title game. The Pack will get a shot to avenge the 07 loss. Rodgers will get the chance to finish what Favre messed up.

As for the Saints, they are way too inconsistent to me right now and soft on the road. They need to get it together since I think the schedule sets up well now for Atlanta for a while.

I really want to pick the Niners to go to GB for the title game. I just don't know. I love Harbaugh but I wonder if they are a year away from truly contending? I also wonder if they will clinch the West too early and lose some steam.

In the AFC I don't have a clue.

Giants do have a tough schedule though. At NE, at SF, at NO, GB, at Jets. They make the playoffs they will be battle tested for sure.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think it's still too early probably. The more I try to figure out teams not named the Packers in this league the more I get a headache.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
And his head looks like it could be easily squashed like a grape.
Is it just me who sees that?

No he is pretty funny looking at times. Very skinny, big ears and has a freaky stare sometimes. Great man for the Colts once but I am not a big fan of him as an analyst. He mentored Vick though so anything he says about the Eagles I would take with a grain of salt since he seems to be on their side a lot.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can say that again. Some of the games I have seen this weekend have baffled me.
Yeah, that's another reason why there aren't any teams that scare me.
Sure it can go their way, but most likely it will go the Packers way.
We gotta think positive here people.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles.

If their offensive line starts to protect Vick, they'll be tough to beat. It looks like they fixed a few things after their bye week in how they destroyed Dallas. I see the Eagles possibly getting on a roll here if they have truly cleaned up a few things that have been hindering them.

We'll see.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles.

If their offensive line starts to protect Vick, they'll be tough to beat. It looks like they fixed a few things after their bye week in how they destroyed Dallas. I see the Eagles possibly getting on a roll here if they have truly cleaned up a few things that have been hindering them.

We'll see.

That's what they are hoping will happen here in Philly and that's exactly what the rest of the league hopes doesn't happen. It looks like the Eagles are finally starting the gel but it could be too late. They are probably going to have to win the division, the NFC East is in shambles but that could just as easily go against the Eagles. They have some tough games up ahead, I'm keeping a close eye on what's going on with this team. They have a lot of talent, and if they make it to the playoffs, they could throw a monkey wrench into some team's plans.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm "afraid" of two teams, first the Packers. The way they're playing now only they can beat themselves. IMO the key ingredient for any team to beat the Packers is to get consistent pressure on Rodgers. If they can't Rodgers would have to have a bad game for the Packers to get beat. Even with the Packers' defense not playing up to their standards from last year, an opponent will have to slow down the Packers' offense.

The other "team" I'm afraid of is summed up in this excerpt from a jsonline story about how the Packers look at the halfway point:

"What recent history also shows, however, is that a team that gets hot at the end of the year can stomp through the playoffs and make the favorites look like chumps (see '10 Packers, '07 Giants, '05 Steelers). So what looks promising now could slip away in January."

So that second team is yet to be identified.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That's what they are hoping will happen here in Philly and that's exactly what the rest of the league hopes doesn't happen. It looks like the Eagles are finally starting the gel but it could be too late. They are probably going to have to win the division, the NFC East is in shambles but that could just as easily go against the Eagles. They have some tough games up ahead, I'm keeping a close eye on what's going on with this team. They have a lot of talent, and if they make it to the playoffs, they could throw a monkey wrench into some team's plans.

I'm still not sold on the Eagles.

Every other team has kept Vick under check by locking a safety or another player on him at all times. Dallas just thought their big mouth would do it and they left Vick with lots of time to throw the other night.

Eventually I think they are going to shoot themselves in the foot with him like they did earlier this season, then all their fans can say "we want McNabb back"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Let us bring San Francisco and New Orleans to Lambeau field. Let them deal with the elements of the cold weather.

There's something about pro football in the snow that is the way it was meant to be....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
In all honesty, Eli Manning is the second best QB right now in the NFC. Not Brees who is throwing way too many picks on the road IMO. Eli Manning. And really, whats wrong with that? Why is everyone so down on Eli? Brees is hot and cold this year. He tore up a horrible Colts D but so what. I think Flynn could tear us up.

If the Giants beat the Pats this weekend then people will officially be fearful of the Giants.

Vick is still terrible against the blitz. Your D is a bad match for him.

Eli is one QB who could handle GB in the winter. I can't see Brees doing it.

I am starting to like the idea of Packers over Giants to get to the SB. IF the Giants can get through this rough stretch of games they have coming up. Ouch.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

Yup. If we can clinch homefield advantage our chances go up significantly no matter who we have to play.

I still think the Saints are the best bet to challenge us in the playoffs, but being a dome team it will be a very rough transition for them coming to Lambeau in January.

I'm still not sold on San Fran. Yes they've looked pretty good but they haven't exactly been playing very many good teams.

As for Eagles whopping 1 game resurgence. It's the Dallas Cowboys they beat and I'm not going to put much stock in that. I think when the Eagles play the Patriots we'll get a good look at how we'll match-up with them if we end up having to face them in the Playoffs because the Patriots are the only team that closely resembles the way we play on offense.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As for Eagles whopping 1 game resurgence. It's the Dallas Cowboys they beat and I'm not going to put much stock in that. I think when the Eagles play the Patriots we'll get a good look at how we'll match-up with them if we end up having to face them in the Playoffs because the Patriots are the only team that closely resembles the way we play on offense.

The Pats are all Welker though and TEs. I don't think teams really respect any deep threats on that team. In fact, I think the Steelers showed you they didn't since the Pats don't truly have one. Steelers also shut down Welker.

The Packers can beat you deep, short, intermediate, anywhere. They are more versatile.

The best comparison to me for the Packers offense in recent years is honestly the 04-05 Colts with Harrison/Wayne/Stokely/Clark. Your run game is just the icing on the cake when you use it.

Also, with the mobility of Rodgers he can do things Brady can't.

Members online

Latest posts