What made you a Packers fan?

FP562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here.

Figured I would share how I became a Packer fan. I lived and grew up in Southern California(LA area). Both of my parents are sports(and football) fans. But neither of my parents really had a team. My dad did raise me not to like the Cowboys, Raiders and the Rams (since they both left LA).

So around the age of 5 or 6(around 1995), I was watching a Packer game with my mom, when the sports announcer was saying how the fans are called cheeseheads(they showed fans wearing the cheese hats). And I thought that was pretty cool and I wanted to become a cheesehead! So the rest is history. I remember a few months later, LSU was playing(I assume it was them) and I asked my mom was that the Packers, and she said no, this is college football, and I remembering getting mad because I didn't wanna watch college football, I wanted to watch the Packers!

So for the last almost 20 years, I have been a loyal Packer fan. And you would be shocked by how many Packer fans are in Southern California. It is like the Green Bay of the West Coast.

Well it is good to be here! Take care.

FP

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Dad had season tickets (Green Bay games not the Milwaukee). The Packers were the team I grew up with in Manitowoc, Wisconsin in the 60s.

Jimbo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:)Was pretty random, I wanted a team that had history and passionate fans, a good stadium and a lot of character/identity, hence why I'm now a cheesehead & loving it.

BOB KAMINSKI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just loved sports as a young boy & started to follow the Packers on the radio back in 1953 with Tobin Rote at Quarterback. I saw my first game in 1956 at the Old Green Bay East High School Field.

D

Dan115

I became a Packer Backer 52 years ago today. It was by accident. I was trying to get the vike game on the radio but instead found the Packers destroying the browns that day.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be funny for you guys how I started liking the packers. I started liking the Green Bay packers because green is my favorite color. But since I got older I kept still liking them but now I'm a hardcore packers fan.

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Denmark in the northern part of Europe
22 years ago, I spend a couple of months in Wisconsin. Growing up in Denmark (not the town outside Green Bay, but the country in Northern Europe), I had no idea about American football. My friends got me a ticket for a game at Milwaukee County Stadium against the Bills. We lost, so they got me another ticket against the Colts. This time, we got there early. It was snowing and everybody was tailgating eventhough it was really cold. My Danish heart resounded with love for the Pack end the amazing fans from that moment on. How can you not instantly fall in love with at team where the fans tailgate in a snowstorm and the team is fun to watch?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i started watching the NFL around 97 when a new channel in the UK started playing a lot of US sports, and the way the packers played just made me want to support them, and i've tried to keep up-to-date with the goings on since

must admit that when i was a kid, a family member did buy me a bears shirt when i was about 8, and used to look out for them on the old saturday morning programmes if i got a chance, but i have obviously since seen the light

Jeff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the History of the Packers in General. Also being from Iowa needed to pick a mid west team, So felt I had to either pick KC, Chicago, Vikings or the Packers. So that made it pretty easy:)
GO PACK!!

AirJordy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got in to the game about five/six years back, but obviously didn't know who to follow. So me and my friend decided to draw teams out of a hat. I ended up a Packer, he ended up a Bear.. Poor lad.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born in Wisconsin. My father was a packer fan, there fore by birthrite , I became a fan of the greatest team!!! I remember when he purchased the season tickets for the Milwaukee home games. I can look back and remember watching, ****ey, Brockington, Epps, Lofton, heck the list goes on and on. I NEVER cheered for any other team and NEVER will!

Living in central Texas, wearing my packer gear I stick out like a sore thumb, SO WHAT!! I rather be a leader than a follower. And now my step son is becoming a bigger packer fan everyday. He said so long to heartache and misery that comes from being a cowboy fan. Now there are two of us in the house!!!!

Adios

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, also new here, from England, i started supporting the Pack about 2 years ago when i thought i'd give Football a try and watch it as it's always on over here and the packers were on, and i fell in love the first time i watched them

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hey guys, also new here, from England, i started supporting the Pack about 2 years ago when i thought i'd give Football a try and watch it as it's always on over here and the packers were on, and i fell in love the first time i watched them

It happens ;).

Green and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Packers fan when they were bad and I've been one when they were good. I will be a Packers fan until the day I die.

DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN, GO PACK GO!

D3uc3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Chicago and for as long as I could remember I have never liked the Bears and my dad use to force me to watch football and watching Favre and Ahman Green come in to Chicago once a year and give me Gift of watching the Packers Go bear hunting year after year what more could a Packers fan from Chicago ask! LETS GO PACK

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 135

gopack_va

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm a 34 year old man living in Virginia, I grew up in Iowa. I just recently got out of a 25+ year terrible relationship. I'll try and give the rundown about it.
I met "her" when I was very young, and was enamoured from the start. Everytime I saw "her" it made me utterly happy, but there were signs early on that there would be problems. You know how it is though, there are those moments looking back where you are like "yeah I should have given up then", but you look past it, cause it's just so happy with "her". It progressively got worse overtime. Each year there would be so new promise to do better, that things were going to change, and if only "this" or "that" happend that it would be rosy again. It wasnt all bad though, I had some really great times with "her". Through it all I remained loyal to "her". I spent thousands of dollars on "her", and would spend countless hours trying to see how it would be better..
But it finally dawned on me this past weekend that enough is enough, and I left "her". I gave "her" the better part of my life 25+ years, and it's going to be hard to move on...but I must.I met someone new, "she" is just as old my ex, shares many of the similarities of my ex, definitely seems like a good fit.
So here I am starting over again...with someone new. It's kinda refreshing, but I still find myself still so angry at the time I spent with "her" hoping for so much better, only to be let down over and over again.
**In case you didnt figure it out, the "her" is the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Pack is the new one!
Go Pack!!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Chicago and for as long as I could remember I have never liked the Bears and my dad use to force me to watch football and watching Favre and Ahman Green come in to Chicago once a year and give me Gift of watching the Packers Go bear hunting year after year what more could a Packers fan from Chicago ask! LETS GO PACK

I tell ya... Bears fans are the second worst sports fans on the planet outside of Philly fans. Bears fans are just a joke. People say it all the time and it's true - visiting team fans can come into Green Bay and we're totally cool to them... not in Chicago! It's the exact same thing on fan forums. They're the biggest idiots on the planet.

D3uc3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tell ya... Bears fans are the second worst sports fans on the planet outside of Philly fans. Bears fans are just a joke. People say it all the time and it's true - visiting team fans can come into Green Bay and we're totally cool to them... not in Chicago! It's the exact same thing on fan forums. They're the biggest idiots on the planet.

Your preaching to the choir imagine being related to about 30 bears fans I love when we roll em twice a years second best thing to a Super Bowl!

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
The colors remind me of a team I used to play for in another sport.

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy in my avatar, you've probably heard of him before. I grew up on Brett Favre, loved his drive, loved his determination and loved his love for the Packers organization. First game I ever saw I instantly became a fan of the team. The uniforms are so unique, the mystique of Lambeau Field, the history. All of that made me a fan.

lharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our family was Packers fans when I was a kid. :) We jumped ship when the Seahawks came to the Pacific Northwest, but always rooted for the Packers as our no-so-local team after that...

That's my short & not so complicated story o' how I became a Packers fan. :D

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score

Why did your dad force you to watch football?

Were you a Bears an at first?

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score
I was blindly led to the slaughter to become an Arizona Cardinals fan without knowing how bad they are or how awful the front office(especialy the Bidwills) is because one of my relatives lived in Arizona at the time, and I associated the Cardinals with Arizona and i didnt know what i was getting into with the Cardinals. After i found out the truth about the Cardinals, i felt betrayed,cheated, lied to, and misled so i started on a quest in search of a new team and I chose the packers because one of the people I idolize is a packers fan who was my violin teacher, the fan base is die hard, we have a great front office, I love the feel of Green Bay sized cities, the fans own the team and not some rich aristocratic big-whig person, the packers have a solid history, and we have a solid amount of fans.

I'm only in 10th grade and I got into football in between 6th/7th grade- I became a Packers fan in 2011 and a Cardinals fan in 2009. My 2 favorite teams are the Packers and Cardinals , both tied for first place and I love them both a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts