What made you a Packers fan?

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score
What sucks about being a die hard Packers fan when you have never lived in Wisconsin is the 'bandwagon' insult gets thrown at you a lot when you mention it. I picked the team when I was around five years old. My dad told me we were at the store, I saw a Green Bay hat, so I grabbed it, put it on, and looked at him expectantly, so he had to get it for me. I don't remember it, but I've been a Packer fan ever since I can remember, and have never strayed to another team.

Pack for life.

I'm in the same type of situation as I live in South Carolina which is far away from Wisconsin because I get ragged by my brother (who's a panthers fan).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the same type of situation as I live in South Carolina which is far away from Wisconsin because I get ragged by my brother (who's a panthers fan).
Panthers fans have nothing to rag on you about!!!!
I hate the Panthers because their stadium is where Nick Collins (and Terrance Murphy) career ended with the necks.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made me a Packers fan?
Some big Italian goon who told me I'd be taking a Frozen Tundra nap if I didn't comply. :eek:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just disown your brother......job done (he`s like a sick animal being a panther fan, and you wouldn`t let a sick animal suffer !)

Female Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The same thing here. I live in Los Angeles and my boyfriend is always talking s**t. He's a Falcons fan.

Green and Yellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a self-proclaimed Lions fan my few years of football since I live in Michigan, getting all the Lions' games and started watching Lions games at the end of the 2010 season, and they eventually went on a 4 game win streak to end the season, swept the following pre-season, and started the 2011 season 5-0. Following this, once they started losing more games than they won, I stopped being very interested in them, a big indication they they weren't my real team and I was mostly interested in them because they were a winning team.

All along, the Packers were my real team; I just brushed it off every time I thought of it. Go Pack Go.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
First of all ... let's address the colors, G and Y :
"What are the official color shades of the Packers?"
Dark Green (*** 5535-C), Gold (*** 1235-C) and White

Second, you dumped the Lions because they stopped winning?? I don't quite know what to say to that....

Green and Yellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Second, you dumped the Lions because they stopped winning?? I don't quite know what to say to that....

Not because they were losing, but because I knew I wasn't a real fan of that team when just because they started losing some games I started losing faith with them. In contrast, I'm a huge Pistons fan, I know that because they've had 3 straight losing seasons and I've watched them through thick and thin, never considering liking another team. I've liked the Packers this whole entire time from the first time I saw them play. I don't know if it's their uniforms, history, team, or players that have made me a fan of them. I honestly don't know what I've always loved about them, but every time I have seen them score I felt like celebrating, even when they played Detroit. Every time they step on the field I get a passion I usually don't get watching the Lions step on. Also, Green and Yellow is a song about the Packers. I'm fully aware that the colors are green and gold.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ok. Fair enough. You're OK. ;) Just challenging the new guy... just to be a pr*ck. :)

Bonhomme Richard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm a lifelong Jets fan, but they suck this year. I mean they blow hard. So I'm hoping to jump on your bandwagon for the rest of the season or maybe even forever. If you all will have me, that is.

12theTruth

My brother bought me a 1984 Packer Yearbook with Forrest Gregg on the cover as a Christmas present. Sure, before that the Packers were on TV and all but I was more of a Brewer fan. After reading that mag cover to cover I was on board the Cheesewagon Express....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My step son did that..He was a cowboys fan, then when they got bad, and he moved to Tampa he became a Tampa fan

T for Texas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may! I was raised as a Packers fan. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. My father took a strong liking to the way the Packers were run as a team by Lombardi once he came over from the Giants, so it started there. Then, when the Texans left (my father admired the Hunts, also) Dallas, there was a void, because the Cowboys, who were NOT popular in our neighborhood in Oak Cliff, certainly didn't fit the bill. The Packers were a natural fit for my father's personality, and he loved them enough to get me interested in football in general, and the Packers in particular. I got a green jersey (more of a shirt, really) with a number 15 on it when I was a tyke, and it mushroomed from there.

I live in East Texas now, and we are all still Packers fans, except for my brother, who is a Redskins fan. (I suspect that was a Cowboys thing, too. lol)

BTW, weeds and I go back a few years. Not that I think that he's worth the oxygen he is stealing from real humans, but, yeah, we go back a little bit. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey ya, T'fer. I had heard that your keyboarding privileges had been revoked by your Mom. :) Hope you're well and all is good in East Texas.

cheeseheadom1252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first game I watched was in the 2010 season when Atlanta beat Green Bay 17-14. For some reason that I can't remember, I came out of that game as a Packers fan and haven't looked back.

WCM3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My friend is deeply infatuated with Clay Matthews, so she WROTE A RAP ABOUT HIM! Watch it here Wisconsinites!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I'm a proud packer fan.. ON WISCONSIN!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Being raised in Madison from about 3-20 probably had something to do with it. Good thing, because I was born in Illinois, and moved next to Chicago after I did my time in the navy, and could have been a Bears fan! :eek:

dustyhope

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad is a Vikings fan so naturally I wanted to be a Packers fan lol. Robert Brooks was one of my favorite players growing up. I used to pretend I was a white version on him when we played football in the lot... endzone dance and all.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts