What made this win especially ugly . . .

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to get help from the refs on the missed PI call on us. The personal foul on Peppers was borderline as well. True that they missed the offensive facemask PI that could have prevented a score, and true that I think the better team won, but it still sucks to have to win that way.

Should have been an easy win.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Peppers hit was a textbook helmet to helmet hit - not to mention he launched and left the ground. It's the new rule, that was an easy call. Considering how much Jeffery was pushing off ALL game - 3 offensive PI calls (is that a record?), I don't feel that we caught some big break for a small jersey tug. I do agree they could have called it, but I can't believe anyone thinks the refs favored us in that game.

OP
OP
LZ13

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Peppers hit was a textbook helmet to helmet hit - not to mention he launched and left the ground. It's the new rule, that was an easy call. Considering how much Jeffery was pushing off ALL game - 3 offensive PI calls (is that a record?), I don't feel that we caught some big break for a small jersey tug. I do agree they could have called it, but I can't believe anyone thinks the refs favored us in that game.

I don't think they clearly favored us, but it was shame that it came down to ref calls after we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times with the game in hand. I missed the helmet to helmet on Peppers - if that is what happened then it was a good call. As I said, the right team won.

12theTruth

I missed the helmet to helmet contact from Peppers. The only thing I caught was he actually left his feet. But pretty soon you're going to have to put ballerina shoes on these NFL players. It was within a 1-2 count so that part of tackle was OK. I, like the OP would like to see a victory that isn't clouded a bit by questionable calls that occurred.

The Packers were the better team out there. Even though they tried their best at times to keep the Bears in the game.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have to get help from the refs on the missed PI call on us.

Make up call for the BS PI/missed face-masking against Shields in the third quarter.

The personal foul on Peppers was borderline as well.

He hit Rodgers in the head with this helmet. End of story. Nothing borderline about it.

True that they missed the offensive facemask PI that could have prevented a score, and true that I think the better team won, but it still sucks to have to win that way.

Should have been an easy win.

Easy win? Why? I have absolutely no problem with this win. The officiating was bush league on both sides.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I missed the helmet to helmet contact from Peppers. The only thing I caught was he actually left his feet. But pretty soon you're going to have to put ballerina shoes on these NFL players. It was within a 1-2 count so that part of tackle was OK. I, like the OP would like to see a victory that isn't clouded a bit by questionable calls that occurred.

The Packers were the better team out there. Even though they tried their best at times to keep the Bears in the game.

Grant let them back in the game by not taking care of the ball. We were on our way to another score when that happened.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't blame Grant for that one. He was holding it high and tight. Tillman just excells at punching out balls.

If it got punched out, then he was not holding it tightly. I don't care how good he is at punching the ball out. It doesn't work most of the time and if Grant was holding it tight, it wouldn't have worked then.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame Grant for that one. He was holding it high and tight. Tillman just excells at punching out balls.
Which really isn't a football move and I would hope they ban it eventually. A strip or pulling the arm away from the ball are normal football moves but waiting until another player has the runner wrapped up and then launching in and squarely punching the ball is not a football move IMO. He also drilled him around the nuts with the follow through.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The Pepper hit was both helmet to helmet and he launched off the ground as he made contact. It was as clear as day and in violation of the rule. What amazed me is that both Aikman and Buck went on and on about how that was a bad call. Both are idiots.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball doesn't have a handle on it. It was a good play by the Bear player to knock it loose.

The dumbest play of the game was the pass from Cobb to whoever. What the hell where you thinking Cobb? A sparkling game interrupted by a mind fart. Jesus !

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball doesn't have a handle on it. It was a good play by the Bear player to knock it loose.

The dumbest play of the game was the pass from Cobb to whoever. What the hell where you thinking Cobb? A sparkling game interrupted by a mind fart. Jesus !

It wasn't Cobb who decided to call that play. It was just poor execution on a crazy play that shouldn't have been called.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Cobb was probably thinking that he needs to do what his coach tells him to do.

And, he did. The lateral pass was perfect. Not his fault that it was fumbled.

Or, do you think that players should start doing whatever they want out on the field?

LargeRon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering how much Jeffery was pushing off ALL game - 3 offensive PI calls (is that a record?), I don't feel that we caught some big break for a small jersey tug. I do agree they could have called it, but I can't believe anyone thinks the refs favored us in that game.

If you go back and watch the play, just before SS grabs Jeffry's jersey, Jeffry had a quick grab on SS's face mask again. I think this is why the refs didn't call it.

It was annoying as hell that Buck and Aikman made one quick mention of the first Jeffry facemask, actually calling it hands to the face, rather than the grab and pull that it was, but then went on and on for five or more minutes about the little jersey tug that itself was in response to Jeffry grabbing the face mask again. Those two are a special kind of stupid.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb was probably thinking that he needs to do what his coach tells him to do.

And, he did. The lateral pass was perfect. Not his fault that it was fumbled.

Or, do you think that players should start doing whatever they want out on the field?

Yes his name is Rodgers. But in any case it waas a horrible decision. If Slocum called it he needs to go.

Members online

Latest posts