What is your most disappointing "Packer moment"?

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th and 26 :!: Definitely.

You can always loose to other teams when having a bad day or the
other team has a very good day. So the Atlanta-home-playoff-loss or
SuperBowl XXXII are not the frontrunners to me.

When your team almost wins and then, within a MOMENT everything
changes and they loose, that's the worst thing for a fan to happen and
definitely my most disappointing "Packer moment" :cry:

I followed the game via Internet Live Ticker, because I had no chance to
watch it on tv. From one second to another the d***** thing said
"1st down Eagles" and I thought my computer had been hacked.......

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1-SB 32 loss - i thought we would win back to back
2-youngs TD to owens (Rice fumbled 2 plays earlier but SF refs ruled him down) - i wanted the Pack to redeem themselves and win one more title for Reggie .
3- 4th and 26-never should have happened -the Pack was destined to win the SB that year.
4-NFC championship game vs micheal ( i have to push off to get open) irvin and the cowboys - i thought we had them that year.
4-all the other playoff and regular season losses to the cowboys in the 90's- they always played at Dallas -i hate the cowboys.
5-drafting Tony Mandarich over Barry Sanders - i was so mad - one can only imagine how many titles we could've won with Barry at RB and Farve at QB.
6-'72 playoff loss to Washington - the Pack went 10-4 that year and won the division - i had high hopes and we just flat out got dominated that game.

OK thats enough im starting to get bummed out :( :x :cry:

GO PACK !

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My most negative Packer moment is reading the negative posts in Packer internet forums.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As vegomatic posted -Also , One of my disappointing moments is seeing some Packer fans on this topic who dwell on their Packer's disappointing moments in Packer History

I prefer to remember the great era of 1992-2004, when the Packers had thirteen non losing season(record 139 wins- 73 losses) and and the best NFL franchise winning per centage of any franchise in the NFL between 1993-2004 . Packers participated in 20 post season games including participating in two Super Bowls and winning a Super Bowl, which was first one they have won since 1967.

Also I am thankful that even after going 4-14 in 2005, because in this era of competitive balance (salary Cap and Free Agency,) any NFL team ,even the Packers can completely turn a losing record around in one season. The Chargers did it in 04 with a record of 12-4 after going 4-12 in '03 . Pittsburgh Steelers went 6-10 in '03 , and were 15-1 in '04 and won the Super Bowl in '05. The Bears had losing season in '03 & '04 and were NFC North Champions in '05. Patriots were 5-11 in 2000 and 11-5 in '01.

I am a Green Bay born and raised Packer fan of over 60 years. I know about the Packers losing. I and other older Packer fans have gone through 1948-1958 (Packer record during that era 37-93-3) and the very long mostly losing era of 1968-1991 (Packer record 146 wins 201 losses- 9 ties)

But the "Packer glory years" when the Packers won five World Championship(including the first two Super Bowls) during the 1959-1967 Lombardi coached "Packer teams
more than made up for those 10 years of losing from 1948-1958.

Just as as this last era of 1992-2004 more than made up from the mostly losing era of 1968- 1991.

I guess, what I am trying to say is I have learned to look at Packer football like the old saying goes "Looking at the glass half full, instead of half empty." It was very necessary for a good Packer fan remain optimistic every year if one was to survive as a Packer fan during those losing eras of the Packers mentioned above.

By the way, the conditions of Packer franchise caused those long losing eras in Packer history in those earlier days ,do not exist in the modern Packer franchise anymore, and things have also, changed in NFL too. I could elaborate on this, but this posting is already too long.

so I am optimistic the the Packers will have another winning season in a short period of time.. But only time will prove that.

spacecoastpkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post PWT...you really captured my feelings as a mostly lurker on this site. The negativity has surprised me for some time now and like you, dealing with so many years of frustration makes it easier to remain positive about the competitive teams we have fielded in recent years. (even last year we so close to winning many games) The "young" team we have now will make us proud in the coming years in spite of Brett having to move on...
Hopefully no one on this forum "dwells" on the disappointing moments and I think this thread does serve to help heal some old wounds through sharing our pain. That said, the loss of Lombardi both as our coach and later as a human on this earth sticks out in my mind.
The years of taking crap for being a Packers fan are over now...we are and will always be one of the most revered organizations in professional sports, so lets all resolve to not just enjoy but to revel in that. I still get chills remembering the echo of GO PACK GO across Lambeau Field when I went on the stadium tour last year. I hope and pray I can make it to an actual game there before Brett retires....

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My most disappointing Packer moment was when Favre laid down at Strahan's feet to give him the sack record. I felt really bad for Mark Tauscher who had kicked gappy tooth's *** the whole game.

I think that tarnished our golden boy a little bit.

BTW PWT, you are right, but this is a topic of negativity.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you gotta take the bad with the good. Otherwise you're only here when GB wins, and leave when they lose. That is called being a fair-weather fan, and I hate those people.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you gotta take the bad with the good. Otherwise you're only here when GB wins, and leave when they lose. That is called being a fair-weather fan, and I hate those people.

I'm with you. I absolutley hate fair-weater fans in any sport. I am living close to Dallas right now and it seems that everyone is wearing a Mavs shirt or supporting the mavs in some way and 3/4 of them are only playoff fans, it ****** me off to say the least. (BTW I am not a mavs fan). Sorry to get off topic, i know this is a packers forum.

Bad Moments:

-4th & 26
-losing the SB to the Broncos
-losing to Atlanta at home, especially because I hate Vick so much
-the loss of Mike Holmgren, i always liked him

Good Moments in recent history:

-AJ Hawk, Jason Spitz
-Firing of Mike Sherman
-The 2003 Vikings (who stared off the season 6-0, and appeared to have ran away w/ the NFC North Div. title) losing to the Arizona Cardinals who scored 2 TDs and won in the final 2 minutes against the Vikings in the final game of the season. Which kept the Vikes out of the playoffs and it sent the Green Bay Packers in.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C-Mize said:
-The 2003 Vikings (who stared off the season 6-0, and appeared to have ran away w/ the NFC North Div. title) losing to the Arizona Cardinals who scored 2 TDs and won in the final 2 minutes against the Vikings in the final game of the season. Which kept the Vikes out of the playoffs and it sent the Green Bay Packers in.

and don't forget that the Vikings loss gave the Pack the Division championship. i was watching that game with my brother at my grandma's house (we were visiting for Christmas), and my brother and i freaked out so much, it's a miracle that we didn't end up breaking Grandma, she's pretty fragile.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Forrest Gregg years. Ripe with hope, dashed by bad charector players, poor drafting, bad coaching generally embarassing both on and off the field.

Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT WHAT MOMENT IN PACKER'S HISTORY DISAPOINTED YOU THE MOST. PLEASE KEEP ALL POSTS REGARDING MOMENTS THAT GAVE YOU JOY TO THE OTHER THREAD HERE. :)

Personally, I detested the moment Favre let Strahan sack him. Then going over and congratulating him, that was just sick. You have to earn everything, and giving Strahan that record on a silver platter was terrible.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one that really gave me a bad feeling was last year against the Browns. The fans were chanting Reggie Reggie Reggie (and it was the night his number was retired) It was 3rd or 4th down and Dilfer hits hist TE for a huge gain to put the game away.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most disappointing for me was the loss to the Vikings in the playoffs when randy moss was doing his moon thing why didnt any packers go over and kick his rear end was unbelievable to me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Most disappointing for me was the loss to the Vikings in the playoffs when randy moss was doing his moon thing why didnt any packers go over and kick his rear end was unbelievable to me.

yeah...that was pretty amazing.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:

He wasn't mooning the packers, he was mooning the fans. I don't think that the millionaire players care quite as much about the fans as the fans do about the players. Now if he would have shot the moon at the bench, that would probably have been a different story. Joe Buck's "Oh My!!!!" during the broadcast priceless.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, rubbin your butt on the goal post ...in any respectable stadium...the home team should be running in his direction...

that was indeed a sad moment by every player and coach on the roster.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we didn't go for fourth and inches in Philly. That was the beginning of the end in that game.