What is your most disappointing "Packer moment"?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I thought of this question, I thought about the answer for a while...

Right away, my initial feeling was Super Bowl XXXII and then it migrated to the "4th and 26", and then to the first playoff loss at Lambeau and finally the Vikings playoff loss.

After further review, and my final answer, it has to be the game against the Jets during Sherman's era that would have clinched home field advantage in the playoffs. That game sucked...flat out sucked.

You would think the other games were all way bigger than the Jets game but that one just sticks with me because that may have been the Packers best chance at getting back to the SB.

Any thoughts?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many to choose from from the last 5 years. Pretty much throw out all of the 1970s and 1980s because they flat out sucked and losing was the norm and not typically disappointing....just the way is was. Did it suck? Yes. But not as much as having potent teams pee themselves at the most critical moments.

Can I make a collage of all of the great playoff performances of the last 4 years...starting with ATLANTA coming to the house in December and making us look like fools who clearly did not belong.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, personally, it was 2 years ago when Favre got injured against the Giants.
It was my first ever Packers game, I had high expectations for the Pack, and thought the Giants would suck. Well, at halftime it was 0-0, then in the beginning of the third quarter, Favre got hit, and was knocked out of the game with a concussion.
But, he did come in on one play to throw a TD to Javon Walker on 4th down, which almost made the game worthwile.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most disappointing Packer moment, to me is very recent. It happened when the Packers lost to the Eagles in the Dvisional Playoffs a few years ago. We outplayed the Eagles in all facets of the game, but made a few mistakes and lost the game. That was a very hard game to let go, b/c the better team didn't win. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times, and let an inferior team win.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4th and 26 was just awful. We had that game won where as in the SB, Denver wanted it more. We gave the game to Philly and to this day I think we would've went to the Super Bowl that year.

The TO catch hurted as well. Mostly because (one of my fav players) Jerry Rice fumbled a couple players before but he was ruled down.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
subin said:
For me, personally, it was 2 years ago when Favre got injured against the Giants.
It was my first ever Packers game, I had high expectations for the Pack, and thought the Giants would suck. Well, at halftime it was 0-0, then in the beginning of the third quarter, Favre got hit, and was knocked out of the game with a concussion.
But, he did come in on one play to throw a TD to Javon Walker on 4th down, which almost made the game worthwile.

yea i go to 1 home game a year and that was the one i went to the giants game. was a depressing game other than the brett td. but wasnt the most devastating loss. for me it has to be the 49ers game in the playoffs... and i get even more mad about it now watchin it. also the eagles game in the playoffs 2 years ago. and of course the jets game, we laid and egg. but there are several more that really dissapointed me. this past season the most dissapointing would have to be the vikings edinger 100 yeard fricken field goal and the ravens game...not the fact that we just got our butts kicked but that they didnt even put up and effort.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MNF vs the Dolphins. Yeah we won the game, had a great time. I was disappointed as a Packers fans at the crap that one of our friends, a Dolphins fan, had to hear on the way out of the game. Don't get me wrong our friend can dish it out, take it, and knows a TON about the game, but I was disappointed/embarrassed at the lack of class that some of the "best fans in the world" showed. It took me letting these "Packers Fans" know he was with a season ticket holder and they needed to **** before they took off.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know one of the most discouraging games for me was the Indy debacle of a couple of years ago. We were made to look like a high school team that didn't have the players or the coaching to compete.

We had done virtually nothing to improve the personell and Slowik was made to look like a complete fool.

Where were at that moment from just a couple of years prior when we absolutely should have won the Philly game were miles apart. Whereas we were a good football team that blew an opportunity to play in the SB we became a very mediocre team and losing to Atlanta was no great surprise.

I was at the Super Bowl in San Diego. When the Broncos came out of the locker room I knew we were in trouble. They were visibly way more fired up and focused than we were.

Two hours before and until shortly before game time it seemed like there were two Packers fans for every Bronco fan. In like 15 minutes before game time that turned around to a Bronco favoring stadium. It was really weird how that happened.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it's 4th and 26. Not only THAT play, but Shermy not going for that stinkin' 4th and inches. The Falcon playoff loss sucks too, but if I remember correctly, didn't we have quite a few injuries to key guys in that one?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauEast said:
For me it's 4th and 26. Not only THAT play, but Shermy not going for that stinkin' 4th and inches. The Falcon playoff loss sucks too, but if I remember correctly, didn't we have quite a few injuries to key guys in that one?

yeah we sure did, i believe it was a bunch of offensive linemen...and we know how good the packers are with a bad o-line! (4-12)

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst Packer moment ever? Boy that's a tough call... I would say any home game loss under Sherman. The loss hurts enough and then add in the fact that Sherman accepted those losses as if it were ok, that hurts.

I don't care if the Pack goes 8-8 forever as long as EVERYBODY knows, that only one time wins in Green Bay.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1993 playoff loss to the cowboys.
1994 playoff loss to the cowboys.
1995 playoff loss to the cowboys.
Regular season losses to the cowboys in those years.
I HATED THE COWBOYS!!!!
Playoff loss to the 49ers with the last second touchdown from Young to TO.
4th and 26.
Loss to Broncos in SB.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most disappointing moment? Got to be the SB loss to the Broncs.

But after that it was listening to the post game interviews with Sherman where he said "We're going to fix that" when questioned about the multitude of mistakes, penalties, turnovers and dumb play calls every week, and he never did.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fourth and 26.... I still see them for sale in philly when I go to work down there. I feel like tearing them up when I see them!!! :puke: :hammer: :kickcan:

Members online

Latest posts