What if?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the Packers make it to the Super Bowl and the game is rescheduled to Monday due to the weather?
How would that affect your Super Bowl plans?

The NFL is making contingency plans to deal with a possible snow/ice storm on Super Bowl Sunday.
They could move it to Monday or even Tuesday, They could even put it off for a week. They could even play it a day early on a Saturday. I think a Saturday game would make alot of folks happy.

I'm retired so if the Packers are in it I don't really care when they play it but moving it to a week day would be ******* alot of working fans.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the Packers make it to the Super Bowl and the game is rescheduled to Monday due to the weather?
How would that affect your Super Bowl plans?

The NFL is making contingency plans to deal with a possible snow/ice storm on Super Bowl Sunday.
They could move it to Monday or even Tuesday, They could even put it off for a week. They could even play it a day early on a Saturday. I think a Saturday game would make alot of folks happy.

I'm retired so if the Packers are in it I don't really care when they play it but moving it to a week day would be ******* alot of working fans.
The difficulty is hotels. They aren't going to move your reservation a week just because the game moved - somebody else has the room rented then. This would be a huge mess.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Teams will reserve multiple days so it won't be a problem. I'd just be pissed we wouldn't get a good snowbowl.

OP
OP
yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams will reserve multiple days so it won't be a problem. I'd just be pissed we wouldn't get a good snowbowl.
Certainly teams will be able to handle it.
Their job is to play football but how about the fans?

I actually hope the snow and ice hits the fan, that will teach the NFL to schedule a Super Bowl at a cold weather non domed venue.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

I actually hope the snow and ice hits the fan, that will teach the NFL to schedule a Super Bowl at a cold weather non domed venue.
The playoffs are played in non domes, why should the big game be any different. Football is meant to be played in weather. This aint the arena league. I'm all for cold weather, non-dome venues. Though Hawaii sounds like a nice, permanent location for a Superbowl.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Hell, most of the people in attendance aren't fans of the teams playing anyway. They're just there to say that they were at the Super Bowl ... got there via their Fortune 500 Company's private jet.

Me? I'd just not go to work on Monday. Folks would walk by my office, see it's dark and say... "Oh yeah... ol' Weeds isn't here today. He's home watching the day long Super Bowl pregame shows but claims that he'll monitor his Email from home." {Yeah...right...that'll happen right after he shoves a baby grand piano up his **********}. The girls at the Bank will be disappointed because they only come to work religiously to bask in my aura ... but ... nobody else would even notice. ;) (ahem...sorry)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really. What idiot thought this would be a good idea?
Just because NY has a new toy doesn't mean that it absolutely has to get used for the big game.
Does this mean that owners of other open air stadiums in winter condition places may lobby to get a SB played in their venue?
And don't nobody bring up Lambeau. We've had enough talk about that already and it just ain't gonna happen.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts