What if...

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This idea just struck me, and I apologize if this same thought is buried in one of the posts on this forum. But, WHAT IF Favre told Sherman and TT after the last game that he was done and that prompted TT to say "well, screw it then, let's begin the rebuilding process". Perhaps Favre told them he's done, but "give me some time before you make it public". If that's the case, maybe that explains why TT fired Sherman and has no real reasons to offer. May be a stupid theory, but thought I'd share it...

Think of how that changes everyone's condemning of TT "getting rid of Favre", etc.

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that it is a stupid theory but aren't they in a sense re-building with a new HC?

I'm not sure why Favre would wait to make the announcement then if your theory is true.

OP
OP
L

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, I'm just wondering if maybe he wants to tell all of his close friends/family before making it public, I don't know. It just seems like with all of the things I've seen and heard (who knows how much is true?) that Brett's decision was made already by the end of the game. It's all speculation, and we won't know until an announcement is made, but it would just be interesting to me if all of these people defending Brett (from those that want him "pushed out") and attacking TT for "getting rid of Favre" find out that Brett was the one that set the wheels in motion all along.

In all honesty, I doubt that this theory is true. If I had to guess, I'd say Brett isn't committed either way at this point. I, for one, definitely hope he comes back next year. I think we still have a lot of talented players on this team and will need Brett at the helm if we want to go anywhere.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, favre and TT never speak ever, according to people here. TTis a termite and he would never speak to favre...or some stupid ****.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just wish favre would come out and say TT begged him to come back, so you goons could shut up with that conspiracy push-out BS. It got old real fast. It hasnt even been a week, and you guys feed on it, based off of cris collinsworth and steve young. its silly.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i just wish favre would come out and say TT begged him to come back, so you goons could shut up with that conspiracy push-out BS. It got old real fast. It hasnt even been a week, and you guys feed on it, based off of cris collinsworth and steve young. its silly.

I wouldn't let it bother you tromadz, it's really not up to us to question other people's reality. Besides, it gives them something to talk about while sitting around out in the desert near Roswell.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
tromadz said:

I wouldn't let it bother you tromadz, it's really not up to us to question other people's reality. Besides, it gives them something to talk about while sitting around out in the desert near Roswell.

I did not think that the population of Roswell was getting that big Lare. :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'd have to say negative on that. TT and Sherman were in a helluva an awkward position and I can't imagine many ppl wanting to work in that situation at all. I commend Sherman for even trying and being the class act he was.

Harlan. I think Harlan wanted to rid Sherman, but was too close with Sherman to do it himself so he hired TT knowing that TT would almost have to fire Sherman for a the simple fact of how awkward it would be for both men.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts