What if...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Favre changes his mind on the way to Green Bay today?

Can you imagine the ripples through the media.. I would like to see it just for that aspect alone... nevermind the joy of Favre returning.. :D

Maybe we all should trek off to Green Bay and chant.. one more year..

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be more fuel for the fire. People complain too much already that he takes his time to make up his mind. It'd become even more of a circus for the press.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be more fuel for the fire. People complain too much already that he takes his time to make up his mind. It'd become even more of a circus for the press.

Who gives a crap about a media circus. I'd def. take Favre back.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett wont be at the p.c today

but what if Rodgers gets hurt at 1st mini camp and they beg Bret t\o come back :p

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
LT.. what is Brett's pilot and the board over there talking about today with this news?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LT.. what is Brett's pilot and the board over there talking about today with this news?
Hard to say..so many mixed reports, but gut feeling is that the moss thing had SOMETHING to do with it..

But who really knows?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he was comming to the PC.. now he is not.. hmm...

I mis read Davids post..Thought I read he was comign to it..But according to David he isnt going to the p/c

Recall last week I told people to hold their *******?

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/275471

Favre's pilot saw it coming

Bill Novak — 3/04/2008 11:13 am

Brett Favre's pilot knew this day was coming.

"I knew he'd been struggling with this since the end of the season," said David Thomason, when contacted at his home in Phoenix this morning after hearing the news that the legendary quarterback for the Green Bay Packers was retiring.

"This is absolutely not a shock," Thomason said. "I actually thought he'd announce it last week."

Thomason has been Favre's personal pilot for the past 14 years. He is also partner with Brian Anderson in running the official Brett Favre Web site at www.officialbrettfavre.com, and he handles Favre's memorabilia both online and through the Fan 4 Ever store in Sun Prairie.

Anderson said the Favre web site crashed this morning because so many people were trying to place orders for Favre gear.

"Orders are coming in every minute and a half right now," Anderson said. "It's bigger than Christmas."

Thomason said Favre could see the handwriting on the wall this off-season when Packer management wasn't going after big-name players, such as receiver Randy Moss, to push the team to the next level.

"I'm glad Brett did this," he said. "For the past three years, it was just killing him that they weren't bringing anybody in to help him out."

The Fan 4 Ever store, 338 S. Grand Avenue in Sun Prairie, is stocked with Favre and Packer merchandise as well as gear with logos from the Badgers, the Brewers, the Bucks and other teams.

Anderson said the store will be busier this week because of Favre's retirement, but he doesn't see an end to the Favre love affair anytime soon.

"This will go on forever," he said. "Brett is to football what Michael Jordan is to basketball."

Favre's web site didn't have any comments from No. 4 himself on his retirement, but a story posted this morning on the official Favre Web site summed up what Packer fans feel.

"While we can't predict what the future will hold for No. 4, we look forward to a warm day in Canton, Ohio in July of 2013 when we will gather collectively, in spirit if not proximity, to relive the greatness of our legendary gridiron hero," the story said.

Thomason said Favre will probably lay low for awhile.

"He seems very happy right now," Thomason said. "He'll adjust better in retirement life than most people think."

Flying Favre to Wisconsin doesn't seem to be a part of his immediate plans, however.

"I don't think he's coming to Green Bay to make an announcement," Thomason said.

Anderson said he's just thankful he's been able to be a part of the whole Favre mystique.

"We've had a terrific run with Brett," he said. "He was terrific for Green Bay and for football."

Fans react

The news about Favre's retirement moved almost instantly. Less than two hours after the first Web sites posted stories, local fans knew about it.

At the Northeast YMCA in Sun Prairie, one Favre fan was still in disbelief and wouldn't hear of the retirement until it came from No. 4.

"I haven't heard it from his mouth so I don't believe it yet," said Cindy Harrison. "Until then, it's just ugly rumor."

Brian Wesner, 24, of Madison, grew up only knowing of Favre as Packer quarterback, nobody else.

"I was upset, because when he first started his career is when I first started remembering football, so basically his career is my entire memory of football," Wesner said at the YMCA.

At Beans'n Cream Coffee House in Sun Prairie, Larry Sveda said he thought Favre would play one more season.

"With the kind of team they had, and the way they ended it, I didn't think he'd end his career on that," Sveda said, referring to the team's deep run into the playoffs.

"Everything comes to an end, and new beginnings start. It's his decision."

Capital Times reporter Todd D. Milewski contributed to this report.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

Me too.

I hate the media right now.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that the packers did actually go after moss. Offered him more money too, as did the Eagles. Moss just preferred to return to NE.

this was according to Moss' agent

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
I thought he was comming to the PC.. now he is not.. hmm...

I mis read Davids post..Thought I read he was comign to it..But according to David he isnt going to the p/c

Recall last week I told people to hold their *******?

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/275471

Favre's pilot saw it coming

Bill Novak — 3/04/2008 11:13 am

Brett Favre's pilot knew this day was coming.

"I knew he'd been struggling with this since the end of the season," said David Thomason, when contacted at his home in Phoenix this morning after hearing the news that the legendary quarterback for the Green Bay Packers was retiring.

"This is absolutely not a shock," Thomason said. "I actually thought he'd announce it last week."

Thomason has been Favre's personal pilot for the past 14 years. He is also partner with Brian Anderson in running the official Brett Favre Web site at www.officialbrettfavre.com, and he handles Favre's memorabilia both online and through the Fan 4 Ever store in Sun Prairie.

Anderson said the Favre web site crashed this morning because so many people were trying to place orders for Favre gear.

"Orders are coming in every minute and a half right now," Anderson said. "It's bigger than Christmas."

Thomason said Favre could see the handwriting on the wall this off-season when Packer management wasn't going after big-name players, such as receiver Randy Moss, to push the team to the next level.

"I'm glad Brett did this," he said. "For the past three years, it was just killing him that they weren't bringing anybody in to help him out."

The Fan 4 Ever store, 338 S. Grand Avenue in Sun Prairie, is stocked with Favre and Packer merchandise as well as gear with logos from the Badgers, the Brewers, the Bucks and other teams.

Anderson said the store will be busier this week because of Favre's retirement, but he doesn't see an end to the Favre love affair anytime soon.

"This will go on forever," he said. "Brett is to football what Michael Jordan is to basketball."

Favre's web site didn't have any comments from No. 4 himself on his retirement, but a story posted this morning on the official Favre Web site summed up what Packer fans feel.

"While we can't predict what the future will hold for No. 4, we look forward to a warm day in Canton, Ohio in July of 2013 when we will gather collectively, in spirit if not proximity, to relive the greatness of our legendary gridiron hero," the story said.

Thomason said Favre will probably lay low for awhile.

"He seems very happy right now," Thomason said. "He'll adjust better in retirement life than most people think."

Flying Favre to Wisconsin doesn't seem to be a part of his immediate plans, however.

"I don't think he's coming to Green Bay to make an announcement," Thomason said.

Anderson said he's just thankful he's been able to be a part of the whole Favre mystique.

"We've had a terrific run with Brett," he said. "He was terrific for Green Bay and for football."

Fans react

The news about Favre's retirement moved almost instantly. Less than two hours after the first Web sites posted stories, local fans knew about it.

At the Northeast YMCA in Sun Prairie, one Favre fan was still in disbelief and wouldn't hear of the retirement until it came from No. 4.

"I haven't heard it from his mouth so I don't believe it yet," said Cindy Harrison. "Until then, it's just ugly rumor."

Brian Wesner, 24, of Madison, grew up only knowing of Favre as Packer quarterback, nobody else.

"I was upset, because when he first started his career is when I first started remembering football, so basically his career is my entire memory of football," Wesner said at the YMCA.

At Beans'n Cream Coffee House in Sun Prairie, Larry Sveda said he thought Favre would play one more season.

"With the kind of team they had, and the way they ended it, I didn't think he'd end his career on that," Sveda said, referring to the team's deep run into the playoffs.

"Everything comes to an end, and new beginnings start. It's his decision."

Capital Times reporter Todd D. Milewski contributed to this report.

I do have issue with this. While TT did not bring in any big names, he did quietly assemble the best recieving corp Favre EVER had.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

I don't care about the media's opinion about Favre, I'm just tired of the hoopla every offseason. Now he's made a decision, and I hope it's final. I'm tired of hearing about it.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that he basically said he doesn't think the Packers can win a Super Bowl, and it's not worth the effort to try. I guarantee if the Packers had landed Moss, Favre would be playing. That's such BS. Not landing Moss may not have been the main reason for him retiring, but getting Moss sure would have been enough to make him stay. I love Favre. I'm a HUGE Favre fan, but I'm sorry, that's such BS to me.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one more year at lambeau will be heard if the packers start losing. thats my guess anyways.
either way, i dont think the call will be answered, it will be heartfelt but not answered.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I don't care about the media's opinion about Favre, I'm just tired of the hoopla every offseason. Now he's made a decision, and I hope it's final. I'm tired of hearing about it.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that he basically said he doesn't think the Packers can win a Super Bowl, and it's not worth the effort to try. I guarantee if the Packers had landed Moss, Favre would be playing. That's such BS. Not landing Moss may not have been the main reason for him retiring, but getting Moss sure would have been enough to make him stay. I love Favre. I'm a HUGE Favre fan, but I'm sorry, that's such BS to me.

I don't think it was Moss as much as we were a team the over-achieved this past year.. and maybe in his eyes, with the slow start to FA again... it was can we really make a run again.

Personally I don't feel that way, but who really knows what is in Brett's heart.. my opinion is he is doubting the committment to give it is all.. que up the two bitterly cold games and watch Favre's facial expressions and emotions.. I think the cold took a part of him away in those two games.. somewhere within himself, Brett might know that as well.

Once you start to doubt.... that will fill your mind with more doubt.. then it is time to walk another path.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre doesn't want to deal with getting to the Super Bowl and losing. Anyone who has played in the NFL will tell you you can't take anything for granted. Anyone that presumes the Packers are a lock to win the Super Bowl are living in fantasy land. Favre knows that the Packers are a great team but he knows nothing is a lock and for that reason he doesn't want to deal with the mental aspect of preparing every single week and playing his butt off only to possibly lose in the Super Bowl or anywhere else.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

I don't think it was Moss as much as we were a team the over-achieved this past year.. and maybe in his eyes, with the slow start to FA again... it was can we really make a run again.

Personally I don't feel that way, but who really knows what is in Brett's heart.. my opinion is he is doubting the committment to give it is all.. que up the two bitterly cold games and watch Favre's facial expressions and emotions.. I think the cold took a part of him away in those two games.. somewhere within himself, Brett might know that as well.

Once you start to doubt.... that will fill your mind with more doubt.. then it is time to walk another path.

I think I'm just hit harder by this than I thought I'd be, hence the harsh comment I made. After the season we had, it's hard to just pass it off as a fluke, so what he said got to me a bit. He knows what he can and can't handle physically, mentally and emotionally. I think he still has what it takes, but the team may be a few years away yet.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre doesn't want to deal with getting to the Super Bowl and losing. Anyone who has played in the NFL will tell you you can't take anything for granted. Anyone that presumes the Packers are a lock to win the Super Bowl are living in fantasy land. Favre knows that the Packers are a great team but he knows nothing is a lock and for that reason he doesn't want to deal with the mental aspect of preparing every single week and playing his butt off only to possibly lose in the Super Bowl or anywhere else.

i think Favre would like another shot to play in a NFC championship game and a superbowl, players dont get bored of playing, they bored of everything else that goes before it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I read that the packers did actually go after moss. Offered him more money too, as did the Eagles. Moss just preferred to return to NE.

Can you provide a link?

I been searching and cant find one

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised. NE still gives Moss the best chance for winning the SB.

The thing is, the Packers with Moss would be a close second. We have a comparable D, and possibly a better STs than NE, and a very balanced O.

Members online

Latest posts