What if I told you we would get 1 superbowl win in 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: What if I told you we would get 1 superbowl win in 15 ye

I don't know if this question is more about is he a good coach or would I hire him if...
I'd hire him if that is the question...

Mike Holmgren got us to 2 superbowls in 7 years of coaching in GB, Cowher got to 2 superbowls in 15 years...

Who is to say if Holmgren had stayed in GB that he would have had any more than Cowher?

But then again, I would have KEPT Mike Sherman as a coach so I guess that is that...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But then again, I would have KEPT Mike Sherman as a coach so I guess that is that...

And you were applauding when he sent in josh bidwell when at the philly 39...

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody wins the Superbowl once every 30 years.

Except the Vikings. :p

Joebediah

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How are you guys not getting this question?

He is asking, would you sacrifice 14 of the next 15 years as non-super bowl seasons for the guarantee that we would win one super bowl?

I would take that deal, b/c some coaches are just not good enough to win the super bowl, and the odds that we could get one that could win one are probably not good.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

He is asking, would you sacrifice 14 of the next 15 years as non-super bowl seasons for the guarantee that we would win one super bowl?

I would take that deal, b/c some coaches are just not good enough to win the super bowl, and the odds that we could get one that could win one are probably not good.

No, what you are not getting is he is asking if HE tells us. That's all we need to go on. Since its him telling us, no one would believe it. End of story.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks, Joe. I didn't realize I posted a riddle...

For anyone who is having trouble, read Joebediah's post there, or...read this one

would you like this?

or would you not want to waste your time?

Obviously this is a tie-in with Cowher retiring today...1 SB win in 15 years doesn't seem too great to me...but thats just me.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, but it's a meaningless question because it's not reality, that's not how things work. Thus, meaningless answers from people bored while surfing the internet. :whippin:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, its meaningless...

like talking about getting TO and Randy Moss...but this is a GB internet forum, and GB is no longer playing...

I didn't realize everything had to be meaningful and make an impact on life. My apologies...

yikes....

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...but this is a GB internet forum, and GB is no longer playing...

For that exact reason I tend to tune out offseason speculation talk until the offseaon actually gets here, same thing from between the draft and camp

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya. I dont mind draft talk (especially since im not a huge college guy) but when people are talking about trading for randy moss and getting tony gonzalez in the same offseason and are dead serious...meh...id rather toss out hypotheticals like the cowher situation, and see how fans would think about it if it happened here.

But that isnt meaningful enough apparently. Maybe we should discuss 11 year olds being gang ***** or The US Army trying to recruit soldiers who already died in action.

Or...we can try and entertain eachother till draft time.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about drinks but I do eat crow all the time....!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

From the title, I thought this was a thread about Brett.

that's exactly what i thought too...good to know i wasn't the only person who missed the point entirely...there WAS a point, right?? ;) :D

William

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I feel if it hadn't been for the infamous 4th and 26 we would have won it that year.

someone had to bring it up

a thread to discuss one of the generation's best coaches and we're gonna poison it with one of the dumbest men to ever wear the headset...what a waste of talent that team was

4th and 26 was over 1/2 hour after it happened, when Green Bay's defense stopped the Eagles on the first possession of overtime, and Favre, on Green Bay's first play of its first possession and for no apparent reason, flung the ball into no man's land. Interception. Eagles go down the field and score.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackFanInSC said:

that's exactly what i thought too...good to know i wasn't the only person who missed the point entirely...there WAS a point, right?? ;) :D

Thats why you got to read the white part under the main title..

then, and this is important, READ THE POST ITSELF.

jeez

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
yooperfan said:
I feel if it hadn't been for the infamous 4th and 26 we would have won it that year.

a thread to discuss one of the generation's best coaches and we're gonna poison it with one of the dumbest men to ever wear the headset...what a waste of talent that team was

4th and 26 was over 1/2 hour after it happened, when Green Bay's defense stopped the Eagles on the first possession of overtime, and Favre, on Green Bay's first play of its first possession and for no apparent reason, flung the ball into no man's land. Interception. Eagles go down the field and score.

Favre got hit when he threw the ball..Ferguson was supposed to read the blitz and fun a fly pattern...but the game should have been over LOOOONG before that...Sherman blew it a few times over by then....

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obi1 said:

And you were applauding when he sent in josh bidwell when at the philly 39...

Obi1 Also wrote
"I don't know if this question is more about is he a good coach or would I hire him if...
I'd hire him if that is the question...

Mike Holmgren got us to 2 superbowls in 7 years of coaching in GB, Cowher got to 2 superbowls in 15 years...

Who is to say if Holmgren had stayed in GB that he would have had any more than Cowher?"

So what? Sherman also made good decisions as a Coach. Do YOU speak from NFL experience as head coach? Bottom line is that he is gone and has been replaced. Both coaches did NOT reach the superbowl. So does that make MM as good or bad a coach as MS?

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

4packgirl said:
PackFanInSC said:

jeez

Trom,
More often than not, you and I agree. In this case, your response is uncalled for and you are showing why so many people have issues with you.

I did make other comments in addition to the one quoted so maybe YOU need to read the posts.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
yooperfan said:

Favre got hit when he threw the ball..Ferguson was supposed to read the blitz and fun a fly pattern...but the game should have been over LOOOONG before that...Sherman blew it a few times over by then....

Wasnt it WALKER? and not Fergy..

Fergy did have 2 tds in the game

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/2003-post-div-gb-phi

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
4packgirl said:
PackFanInSC said:

jeez

Trom,
More often than not, you and I agree. In this case, your response is uncalled for and you are showing why so many people have issues with you.

I did make other comments in addition to the one quoted so maybe YOU need to read the posts.

I was joking with her. Thats what I do. I pick on her, and she sends me nekkid pics. Like I care who has issues with me, except stalkers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I was joking with her. Thats what I do. I pick on her, and she sends me nekkid pics. Like I care who has issues with me, except stalkers.

and I believed her when she said she never sends those pics to anyone except me...

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:

and I believed her when she said she never sends those pics to anyone except me...

how is it that naked pics questions keep following me wherever i go?!?!?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:

how is it that naked pics questions keep following me wherever i go?!?!?

Avoid the true statement. Lets keep this thread off topic as the topic is ... lame. Seriously, if trom says anything, who the hell TRULY takes it the brain as knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.