What, if anything, do da Bears have going for them?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is this game being played at Soldier.
QB? No where close to A-Rod.
Receivers? Not household names like ours.
Secondary? Really. They got one?
The only two Bears players that I honestly know of is Jay Cut-up and Julies Schleppers.
And oh yeah, there's that punt returner guy too.
The Packers are more of a complete team. And we saw what they have been doing on the road.
So besides Soldier, how do the Bears players as a team stack up against the Pack?

(I'm not trying to talk smack or be a wise guy. I really want to know because it seems that the majority of Bears fans who come on here just write "It's on our turf!" as if that alone will win the game.
They don't say "So and so will dominate/win the game against you guys."
So educate me, please.)

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could be as confident as many of you seem to be here, but something has be completely shook and I don't know why. I've never felt this nervous before any game, football, hockey, whatever...EVER.

Its just... Everything about this game is just crazy. Packers @ Chicago, NFC Championship. I'm gonna need a lot of beer for this one...

I know we've got what it takes, we've got the talent, we've got the schemes and we've got the momentum. Its the BUILD UP. GAH, there's still 6 days until sunday! GO PACK GO! I can barely handle this anticipation...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good lord some of you guys are confident. This game will surprise you. The Bears ARE a better team than a lot of you are giving them credit for. I want them to lose as bad as the next Packer fan, but c'mon.

Don't be a complete homers.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler was great against the Seahawks showing the offense has come alive and the defense has been extraordinary. Special teams is amazing and Robbie Gould is one of the NFL's best kickers. If the secondary covers the Packers the same way they worked the Seahawks over it's gonna be an easy day considering the defense will shut down the Packers run. Either way, gonna be a fun game to watch. GO BEARS

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers on D, Hester returning kicks and punts, Forte and Chester Taylor toting the rock, Greg Olsen at TE and a gunslinger in Cutler at QB. Also, they are used to playing on the sandlot like surface at Soldier Field and have that knowledge that only an divisional rival can have of the Pack. And they run a defensive scheme that typically gives Rodgers some trouble.

Aside from Hester (who scares the hell out of me), there's nothing I see that sets them above the Packers, but as I read the title of this thread, that's not what you were asking.

The Packers match up at least as well on D, and I give them the edge on O. If they can take away the Bears running game, jump out to a lead and force Cutler to take some chances, things look good. As long as the Packers don't pull a Jordan Babineaux and drop an INT at the goal line (make the most of the chances they get) and capitalize on them, could be a long day for the hometown fans on Lake Michigan.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is this game being played at Soldier.
QB? No where close to A-Rod.
Receivers? Not household names like ours.
Secondary? Really. They got one?
The only two Bears players that I honestly know of is Jay Cut-up and Julies Schleppers.
And oh yeah, there's that punt returner guy too.
The Packers are more of a complete team. And we saw what they have been doing on the road.
So besides Soldier, how do the Bears players as a team stack up against the Pack?

(I'm not trying to talk smack or be a wise guy. I really want to know because it seems that the majority of Bears fans who come on here just write "It's on our turf!" as if that alone will win the game.
They don't say "So and so will dominate/win the game against you guys."
So educate me, please.)

Whoa let's hold on there a second.

Yes, Rodgers is better than Cutler. Yes, I think our recieving core is better than the Bears, though I do think the Bears recievers are a bit underrated.

But yeah, they do have a secondary. And a pretty damn good one too. Ever hear of Charles Tillman? Remember how their secondary held Rodgers and the offense to 10 points just a few weeks ago? Yeah yeah you could say Rodgers is really hot now. He put up 48 points last week. Nothing could possibly stop him, right?

Wrong. Rodgers put up 45 points and looked just as he good as he did last weekend against the Giants in week 16. What happend the next week? The Bears all but shut him down. 10 points. Yes, he did come up with a big drive in the 4th to win it and that is all that really matters in the end. But, I have said many times on this forum and will continue to say that Rodgers does not play well against the Bears defense. His first game ever against the Bears in 2008? The Packers scored 37 or 38 points(I forget which it was). Since then they have scored 17, 21, 21, 17 and 10 points. Those aren't very good by Rodgers' standards.

I think Packers fans need to give the Bears more respect. I am confident that the Packers are the better team. And I think the Packers will win by virtue of the fact that Rodgers will not make the crucial error that Cutler eventually will. I expect a low scoring and close game.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler was great against the Seahawks showing the offense has come alive and the defense has been extraordinary. Special teams is amazing and Robbie Gould is one of the NFL's best kickers. If the secondary covers the Packers the same way they worked the Seahawks over it's gonna be an easy day considering the defense will shut down the Packers run. Either way, gonna be a fun game to watch. GO BEARS
That's all I read.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm expecting Aaron Rodgers to keep bringing that game of his...we got to win...Aaron needs to win...Aaron remembers that Cardinals game like it was yesterday, can you imagine what that was like for him...it won't happen again to Aaron Rodgers...I'm confident in Aaron to win us the next 2...I'm praying for it

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

I think the key word here is Seahawks. No offense but if you didn't win, I would have been shocked.

The Bears ST is far and away better than GBs. Field position is gonna be huge for both sides and the Bears have a nasty habit of always starting drives with good field position while the Pack always starts inside the 10. At least it feels like that. Ugh...... Hester on Punt returns sets that up and a good punting ST squad. I fear the bears ST the most actually. When two teams are equal, ST makes the difference.

Bears D is stout and their D-line is GREAT against the run. Great pass rushers. I don't see Starks doing much. It'll all be on Rodgers like week 17.

Bears Secondary mugs the WRs and I dunno why they kept getting away with that against Seattle, but if it continues expect our WR to have trouble getting open.

Cutler is a gunslinger and will make some great plays (I call luck) but the results are huge gains fast.

Bears Field is garbage and they are used to playing on it.

Crowd Noise. Proven it's not as much an advantage as you think it is. Pressure on the Refs by the crowd noise that slants calls in favor of the home team is proven to exist.

Video Replay. The Bears I'm sure will jimmy with the feed to the Packers booth to slow down replay of any questionable calls like Atlanta did against us in the regular season.

Bears have a lot going for them.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good lord some of you guys are confident. This game will surprise you. The Bears ARE a better team than a lot of you are giving them credit for. I want them to lose as bad as the next Packer fan, but c'mon.

Don't be a complete homers.

Well said

The Bears do have home field advantage too

I said it last game..Their D will give us fits..

Screens and long passes to counter their tough D..It worked last meeting

Members online

Latest posts