What happens if...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The Packers start off 5-0 or even 4-1, and Favre and the passing game are carrying us along with our defense...

Will everyone on the board be happy then?

Will that answer the question on whether Favre still has it or not?

Would there still be belly-aching about something or another?

Just wanted to throw out a senerio in which it is positive instead of negative... :D

Hell the season hasn't begun and it is all gloom and doom... Everybody is tied for the lead right NOW.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the best likely scenario is going into the bye 5 - 1, beating the Bears, the Queens, the Eagles, the Giants, the Redskins and only losing to the Chargers.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the bears, vikings, giants and redskins.(sounds like a childrens book) are all very beatable.

the Eagles and Chargers are gonna be tough. to handle i think. but the point of being a great team is beating the best teams, so until we can feel like we can definetly beat them i wont be fully happy. dont get me wrong... i definetly think we CAN beat them, but i wanna be able to say we SHOULD beat them. and i feel like we are on our way to that point.

if we go into the bye week with a 4-2 record and have beaten two divisional foes... id be pretty freakin happy.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a great feeling about the Philly game, home opener, stout Defense, and surprise everyone decent running game. I like our odds.

NYG will be tough, just cause its in Jersey, and who knows what'll happen there, but we should handle them.

Chargers have to lose sometime, why not on the road against an upstart team in a defensive slugfest?

If we take two out of our first three games, I think that the playoffs will be a great possibility, and the general mood on here will be one of excitement.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree... its awesome that the eagles and chargers games are at lambeau....

the way the starting defenses played in Green Bay... it looked to me like they didnt even wanna give up 3 points on home turf... and i love that attitude.

Chargers offense is gonna be tough to stop... but it can be done.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree... its awesome that the eagles and chargers games are at lambeau....

the way the starting defenses played in Green Bay... it looked to me like they didnt even wanna give up 3 points on home turf... and i love that attitude.

Chargers offense is gonna be tough to stop... but it can be done.

I think we better off than some people may think. McNabb is not going to be the QB he will be later in the season after missing that much time. I would much prefer to catch him in the opener.

Also, knowing he is coming off injury you will see a Seattle-like effort to get after him. We layed back more in the Jags game probably to get a better picture of the cover schemes. They will be sendin' 'em big time against Philly.

The best part of the San Diego game is that we are the second consecutive road game for them AFTER they play New England.

Say what you want but the numbers show a very positive picture for the Pack in this situation. If we HAD to play San Diego it could not come at a better time.

Be hoping San Diego knocks off the Pats the week before coming to GB. You couldn't find a better let down scenario than that.

We do have a tough schedule but timing wise we at least catch a break a few times. On the surface beating the Chargers would look like a huge upset but how that game sets up shows the numbers are in GB's favor.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, these first five games will tell us a lot about where this team is at. I wouldn't even mind a 2-3 start if we're competitive and just happen to lose a game or two due to tough breaks in hard fought battles against good teams. And like Packnic, if we're 4-2 at the bye I'll be thrilled.

But if we start 1-5, TT may want to hide his dog.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave it to Lare to bring up TT.

I think no matter what happens, 0-5, 5-0, there will still be people who *****, say a collapse is right around the corner,etc,etc.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers start off 5-0 or even 4-1, and Favre and the passing game are carrying us along with our defense...

Just wanted to throw out a senerio in which it is positive instead of negative... :D

Hell the season hasn't begun and it is all gloom and doom... Everybody is tied for the lead right NOW.

I will answer in order:
1. No, you can never have everyone happy.
2. Temporarily, until he has a 0TD/3INT game and we lose
3. Yes, that is the nature of a passionate fan.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, these first five games will tell us a lot about where this team is at. I wouldn't even mind a 2-3 start if we're competitive and just happen to lose a game or two due to tough breaks in hard fought battles against good teams. And like Packnic, if we're 4-2 at the bye I'll be thrilled.

Why??? Has Michael Vick been sighted in the area???? :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me......I'm excited about the possibilities this season! I'm not doom OR gloom about it! I really think we are gonna surprise alot of people!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:

Good one cheesey, got my vote for "Line of the Day". :)

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack starts 5-0. I will run naked across Lambeau Field at halftime of the very next game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack starts 5-0. I will run naked across Lambeau Field at halftime of the very next game.
Uh.........i never thought i would hope that the Packers LOSE a game......till now!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Lare said:

Good one cheesey, got my vote for "Line of the Day". :)
TY Lare!
I'll tell you.....its good to be back!
Like Dorothy said........"There's no place like home!!!"

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I've got a great feeling about the Philly game, home opener, stout Defense, and surprise everyone decent running game. I like our odds.

NYG will be tough, just cause its in Jersey, and who knows what'll happen there, but we should handle them.

Chargers have to lose sometime, why not on the road against an upstart team in a defensive slugfest?

If we take two out of our first three games, I think that the playoffs will be a great possibility, and the general mood on here will be one of excitement.

Since when is a home opener a good sign? Opening up against the Eagles isn't good either.

We've lost every opening home game since the renovation a few years ago.

Donovan McNabb is undefeated against Green Bay.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally, I'm not too optimistic when we play the Eagles. But, this year may well be different. I think our guys are determined to bring back the home field advantage to us. Sure, we lost last week but our 1st team had the game in hand at the half. I like that. We'll be alright if our depleted RBs can get the job done. The Eagles will have their hands full.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well I hate to say this but I really doubt everyone will be happy. The nay sayers will say the season isn't over yet and so and so. They'll also say it's only because of Brett Favre. No matter what there is always complaining. :pop:

Though I'll be happy with a 3-3 start through the first 6 games looking at our schedule.

Members online

Latest posts