What Happened...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember right Jon Kinta gauranteed the Lions would win 10 games this season. Well they are 6-8 with 2 games left. Unless Im just stupid if they win 2 games that will only get them to 8-8, but they have to play the Chiefs and Packers. Its doubtful they will beat the Chiefs and we all know they will lose to the Packers so that means they will be 6-10. Jon Kitna meant to say he gauratees (sp?) 10 loses not wins. He got all his teamates and fans hopes up and the Lions have crushed all of them as they are currently on a 6 game skid. So what happened? Why has this not reappered? Is it because we fell bad for that poor little franchise called the Detroit Lions who should be renamed the Loser Lions for what they do best. Barry Sanders walked away early well some thought it was a mistake and to early, it wasnt. The fact is the Lions stink and always will. Good Day!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN had a Kitna-meter that showed how close they were to 10 wins. Needless to say, it broke a couple of weeks ago.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Kitna was adding in the preseason, and his "fantasy league" team! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Even then i doubt he'd come up with 10 wins!!!) :wink: :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Stoney: Now Jon, you sound less confident in this [charity event with fans] than you did talking about the season upcoming, where you said you expect this team to win at least 10 games.

Kitna: Dude, that was 10 games before I saw the schedule, too. I'll keep to myself what I think that we actually will win, but it's more than 10 games -- after I saw the schedule.

Stoney:Really!? I thought the schedule was brutal.

Wojo: Wait, you're saying more than 10 games now?

Kitna: Yeah. That's what I'm saying.

Wojo: Holy smokes. Is there something schedule-wise or is there something you've seen team-wise that you can enlighten us on? Cause, let's be honest, the record was the record last year, 3-13. That's a pretty big leap, even in the NFL. What are we missing with this team?

Kitna: Last year, man, it really sucked. I mean, week in and week out, to be right there to have a chance to win week in and week out. That was a hard thing for everyone of us to swallow. But, the good thing about it, like Coach Marinelli said, he found out who wanted to be here, who didn't, and he has been able to put his stamp on this team now going into his second year. We've got a bunch of guys who have been hardened by this. They have been through something like this -- how to get over the top, how to win in the fourth quarter, we did it in Dallas, and had a chance to do it, just missed doing it in Chicago the week before that. The pieces we've added... I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans. In my opinion.

Wojo: Is that because Calvin Johnson is very talented, or because of the offense or all the weapons at your disposal? What have you seen in Calvin Johnson that makes you say that?

Kitna: He's everything that they said he was and more. He's a pro already. He understands how to practice. He understands how to prepare for what this offense brings to the table. He takes care of his body. He is a perfectionist. He doesn't like to make mistakes, and when he does he doesn't make them again. If he does something wrong, they tell him what he did wrong, and he fixes it. He doesn't argue. He's not combatitive towards coaches. He takes coaching well.

On top of all that, he's 235, runs a 4.3 [forty], has tennis rackets for hands, and he's 6-foot-6. Other than that, he's alright.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you what happened. Ford,Millen and Martz. The Dallas game showed me alot about the Martz offense. When they went away from passing on just about every down they looked pretty good. Unfortunatly they only did that a few games this season. They need to dump Martz and Millen and Ford needs to sell the franchise. If that doesn't happen there are no guarentees worth anything for the Lions except a guarentee they will continue to be an under achieving team.

Members online