What ever happened to Gilbert Brown?

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
Gilbert "Gravedigger" Brown, what a man! As wide as a skip and twice as ugly, but good lord could he clog up the D-line like a sink full of un-identified hair! But where did he go? He never officially retired and to the best of my knowledge, the only reason he stopped playing was because he got too fat (seriously, he was nearly 400 pounds! Not good for the knees!)

Can anyone shed any light on where my Fat-Man hero went???

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gilbert is one of the head honchos at the Milwaukee Mile, a historic racetrack that holds a number of automobile races each year.

Other than that, he does alot for charity around the Milwaukee area.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Big Gil was a great player and overall a great person, the one player in the league that plays like him is big Pat Williams in Vikeland..

If you asked him today, I bet he would tell you he could still play.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would definitely say he can still play! Last year he was saying that he wanted another shot.

I love Gilbert. He was a great Packer and really fun to watch.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this thread and thought, "Oh! I saw him play last weekend. What team was he playing for?" I couldn't remember, so i went online to look it up. Yeah, he's retired. Yeah, that game I remember him playing was a dream.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad to hear he is doing well. That man simply amazed me at his movement for such a big guy. It was always fun when Madden commented on a GB game as you know eventually he would invlove big Gilbert Brown and his sweat stains.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always liked Gilbert Brown. They were thinking of bringing him back in 2005 I believe but opted not too. He's retired now but always will be a Packer favorite.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's still a PACKER at heart! I have met him a few times. Here's a photo of me and him at Fan Fest a couple years ago.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife was asking about Gilbert just the other day..........mmmmmm Anyways, it is great to hear he is doing well. His personal story with the Packers is really inspirational to say the least !!!

Cheers to you Gilbert :packbeer: you won't be forgotten !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's still a PACKER at heart! I have met him a few times. Here's a photo of me and him at Fan Fest a couple years ago.

Nice Picture Cheesey,

I am starting to get jealous of all the great pics you have put up !!!

Cheers friend !!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Nice Picture Cheesey,

I am starting to get jealous of all the great pics you have put up !!!

Cheers friend !!!
Thank you! Believe me, i don't take any of what i have or have been able to do for granted. THats one reason why i try to post photos, so that others can get a feeling of what it's like. I know there are lots that haven't had the chance to go to Lambeau Field, or to meet some of the Packer players.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he works at burger king

and in his spare time he is a coach

TUESDAY, Oct. 23, 2007, 7:53 a.m.
Gilbert Brown named coach of Bonecrushers

The Milwaukee Bonecrushers indoor football team has named former Green Bay Packers' star Gilbert Brown as its new head coach.

The Bonecrushers are part of the 12-team Continental Indoor Football League. The team kicks off its inaugural season next March.

Brown played 10 seasons on the defensive line with the Packers, including their two Super Bowl teams in the 1990s.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read something about Gilbert this past summer. He made an appearance at some kind of football camp right here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and provided the boys with some coaching, along with another Packer, who I think was a current player. One of the taunts that Gilbert had when a boy wasn't hustling enough was, "Do you play video games that slow?"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
he works at burger king

and in his spare time he is a coach

TUESDAY, Oct. 23, 2007, 7:53 a.m.
Gilbert Brown named coach of Bonecrushers

The Milwaukee Bonecrushers indoor football team has named former Green Bay Packers' star Gilbert Brown as its new head coach.

The Bonecrushers are part of the 12-team Continental Indoor Football League. The team kicks off its inaugural season next March.

Brown played 10 seasons on the defensive line with the Packers, including their two Super Bowl teams in the 1990s.
I never even HEARD of this league. Is it like arena football? Or is is flag football?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts